Lovie Smith can rot in hell

Bears4Ever_34

Seeing the players play with absolutely no heart or passion in a huge rivalry game, as well as the biggest game of the year, is quite an obvious indication of a coach losing his team. We gotta fire Lovie, and sadly, the positives we can take out of these games is by getting embarrassed twice by the Packers and likely losing to Houston next week (Texans are a real good team, especially at home), the odds of us firing Lovie will increase.

Seeing the players play with absolutely no heart or passion in a huge rivalry game, as well as the biggest game of the year, is quite an obvious indication of a coach losing his team. We gotta fire Lovie, and sadly, the positives we can take out of these games is by getting embarrassed twice by the Packers and likely losing to Houston next week (Texans are a real good team, especially at home), the odds of us firing Lovie will increase.

But hire who? I want someone who Angelo feels great about. You can kinda see some tension between the two and i don't think its helpful.

If you really hate Lovie than you need to get perspective IMHO. He is just the coach of your football team that you disagree with. It's not like he stuffed you in a locker every day in high school. ;)

Peace :dabears

Firing Lovie is not the answer to our problems. We need players!! Lovie does not throw a pass, catch a pass, block, or tackle! We play the Packers and have no WR that can get off the line from bump and run. We have a line that cannot open holes for Forte to run through and make a pocket for our QB to throw out of. We get rid of players like Chris Harris SS with the Panthers for who...ADam Arch. We let Moose go for who Booker? Berrian Ayanbadejo, Bradley Gage, Columbo, Thomas Jones........and who did we get again? Jones=Pro Bowl with the jets, Ayanbedejo= Pro Bowl with the Ravens, Gage with the 12-3 Titians, Columbo with the Cowboys we need to get and keep the right players!

IMHO to make this team better we need to think outside the box. WR position has players like TO, Chad, Tj Hou, Bouldin, Colston, More open for the taking...take some.

At QB look at some of the players we could get... like Garcia=running QB with an arm, Collins well sort of old but still Cassell. We need cover corners like the the Packers who got Woodsen=Pro Bowl our WR could not get open against!

If you really hate Lovie than you need to get perspective IMHO. He is just the coach of your football team that you disagree with. It's not like he stuffed you in a locker every day in high school. ;)

What's frustrating for me is that it seems that Lovie's laid-back, passionless attitude has turned up in the players on the field. Especially the O. I only watched the first half last night--yeah, I know, but it was around 12:30 when I went to sleep--and the O, and Lovie were just sleep walking. And Lovie looked like he had no clue what to do.

And forget about his Defensive accumen--how many third and longs did the Puckers make?

FRUSTRATING!!!

BUt, they won!!!!! That's good. But I hope someone puts some uppers in Lovie's cheerios if we make the playoffs. :banghead

What's frustrating for me is that it seems that Lovie's laid-back, passionless attitude has turned up in the players on the field. Especially the O. I only watched the first half last night--yeah, I know, but it was around 12:30 when I went to sleep--and the O, and Lovie were just sleep walking. And Lovie looked like he had no clue what to do.

And forget about his Defensive accumen--how many third and longs did the Puckers make?

FRUSTRATING!!!

BUt, they won!!!!! That's good. But I hope someone puts some uppers in Lovie's cheerios if we make the playoffs. :banghead

Ok - let me get this straight. I am at the stadium freezing my arse off and you are at home in 85 degree weather with a pool and you are going to sleep in the middle of the game????? You're killing me!!!!!

Ok - let me get this straight. I am at the stadium freezing my arse off and you are at home in 85 degree weather with a pool and you are going to sleep in the middle of the game????? You're killing me!!!!!

LOL now that was funny!!! And yes chilly you are killing us..........going to sleep on the Bears what's wrong with you man? LOL

Agreed. Even ith the win, I'm fuming at Smith for not having this eam ready to play the most important game of the year...

Agreed! 'And why can continualy pick up 1st downs on 3rd and longs! That is assinine! Babich only rushes 4 and hopes to get it done...then the QB has all day to find the open guy. ONly when we blitz do you see pressure and mistakes.

Top that off with the isistance of running up the gut. All NITE long! When Forte hits the outside...big gains! Then back to up the middle for 1-2 yard gains.

And Kyle is not the franchise QB. TOo many big errors in a big game. I like him a lot as my #2, but I do not see him as a #1.

FRUSTRATING!!!

Lovie is not being fired with a winning record.

Lovie is not being fired with a winning record.

And sadly, you're right. So now, we have to go through another year of having him as our HC (which would have been the case anyway most likely).

The packers handed us this game, and Lovie will get credit for doing a brilliant 2nd half turnaround.

Don't fool yourself...Lovie get 2 more year because of this. Now he doesn't have to fire Babich. So next year, he can, and then the year after, he can get fired.

And sadly, you're right. So now, we have to go through another year of having him as our HC (which would have been the case anyway most likely).

The packers handed us this game, and Lovie will get credit for doing a brilliant 2nd half turnaround.

Hey, I have NO problem w/ the idea of blaming Angelo, but I also think we do have to be looking at Lovie.

You mention a lot of players we had on this team, but many of them have done better since leaving. Might not part of that be due to their getting better coaching after leaving the bears? You point to Angelo for cutting Moose, Bradley and Gage loose (for example) but why should a GM keep players who are unproductive? Should the question not really be, why were they not productive for us, but productive elsewhere?

I have always been on the "fire Angelo" bandwagon, but over the years, there is a greater and greater part of me which wonders whether the problem is in our inability to add talent (thus the GM), or in our inability to develop the talent which is added (thus the coaches). Likely it is both, but more and more, I do believe development of players is a huge issue.

Firing Lovie is not the answer to our problems. We need players!! Lovie does not throw a pass, catch a pass, block, or tackle! We play the Packers and have no WR that can get off the line from bump and run. We have a line that cannot open holes for Forte to run through and make a pocket for our QB to throw out of. We get rid of players like Chris Harris SS with the Panthers for who...ADam Arch. We let Moose go for who Booker? Berrian Ayanbadejo, Bradley Gage, Columbo, Thomas Jones........and who did we get again? Jones=Pro Bowl with the jets, Ayanbedejo= Pro Bowl with the Ravens, Gage with the 12-3 Titians, Columbo with the Cowboys we need to get and keep the right players!

IMHO to make this team better we need to think outside the box. WR position has players like TO, Chad, Tj Hou, Bouldin, Colston, More open for the taking...take some.

At QB look at some of the players we could get... like Garcia=running QB with an arm, Collins well sort of old but still Cassell. We need cover corners like the the Packers who got Woodsen=Pro Bowl our WR could not get open against!

If we make the playoffs, I don't think any changes are made...

What is reall going to piss everyone off is if we do end up with 10 wins, and win the division he may even get Coach of the Year consideration.

Why?

1. Team was not expected to win more than 5-6 games

2. Team doesnt have a QB or any wide receivers

3. Offensive line is old

4. First round pick didnt play a meaningful down, where he was slotted as starter in the most important O-Line position

5. Team will have won last 4 games, when they counted the most.

6. It can bactually be argued that he has done MORE with LESS than any other coach in the NFC.

We all know he doesnt deserve it (See games vs ATL, CAR and TB), but there will be talk.

Scary.

Nah.

By virtue of what Atlanta and Miami have done, they had even lower expectations than the Bears.

All your points are basically true, but don't exceed what's been done in MIA and ATL...

However, by virtue that you mention all this, it basically helps prove my point that nothing will happen with this staff in the off-season..."We just needed to execute better. Trust me."

What is reall going to piss everyone off is if we do end up with 10 wins, and win the division he may even get Coach of the Year consideration.

Why?

3. Offensive line is old

4. First round pick didnt play a meaningful down, where he was slotted as starter in the most important O-Line position

6. It can bactually be argued that he has done MORE with LESS than any other coach in the NFC.

We all know he doesnt deserve it (See games vs ATL, CAR and TB), but there will be talk.

Scary.

Not a chance. While some locals may say Lovie has done well, I think there are too many others who have so exceeded expectations that it is not even funny. Miami was what, a 1 win team, and are primed to win their division. Atlanta was starting a rookie QB, and an after-thought, but have already locked up a playoff spot. Billichek will get more talk IMHO, as he lost his league MVP and still done well w/ a guy who has not started a football game since highschool. And Fisher too will get a lot of consideration. Tenn didn't have great expectations, but hvae been so dominant (w/ questionable amount of talent).

My vote would be for the Atlanta coach, w/ the Miami coach a VERY close 2nd. The only reason Atlanta gets it over Miami is due to starting a rookie QB, while Miami traded for a veteran (Pennington).

Why?

3. Offensive line is old

Scary.

Guilty, guilty! I blaim it on old age and far to many commercial breaks. it took an hour and a half to show the first half of the game. It was late, we are three hours ahead of Chicago here. So yeah, I pussed out. :crying

I have always been on the "fire Angelo" bandwagon, but over the years, there is a greater and greater part of me which wonders whether the problem is in our inability to add talent (thus the GM), or in our inability to develop the talent which is added (thus the coaches). Likely it is both, but more and more, I do believe development of players is a huge issue.

Man, how many ways I agree with this Nfo! Lovie led me to believe he was a teacher and could develop talent--putting guys on IR that was, basically, redshirting them. But most never se the field.

And then, when I do get to see a game, Lovie looks lost on the sidelines. Maybe it's the camera work, but the Puckers coach made Lovie look like he belonged back in Pee Wees.