Lovie Smith can rot in hell

Bears4Ever_34

Guilty, guilty! I blaim it on old age and far to many commercial breaks. it took an hour and a half to show the first half of the game. It was late, we are three hours ahead of Chicago here. So yeah, I pussed out. :crying

Man, you have more excuses than Bear88 does for Rex :)

Just kidding 88.

I have to believe Detroit will clean house. If they do I would like to see RM brought in as DC, he was Lovies 1st choice when he was hired as our HC but at that time he was refused permission to interview him.

There is no guarantee Singletary remains in SF as HC. If not, heck, I would love to see him on the Bears sidelines but I do not think Lovie would hire him.

If Ried decides to take a sabatical from coaching, and J Johnson is on the open market, he would be my first choice as DC but again, I doubt Lovie would go for him as he is not a cover 2 guy.

There are going to be a lot of experienced talent available for coaching staffs this offseason, I just wonder if Lovie will change any of his coordinators or stay pat. As has been said already, Lovie will be our HC for at least 1 if not 2 more years. The question comes down to coordinators.

Firing Lovie is not the answer to our problems. We need players!! Lovie does not throw a pass, catch a pass, block, or tackle! We play the Packers and have no WR that can get off the line from bump and run. We have a line that cannot open holes for Forte to run through and make a pocket for our QB to throw out of. We get rid of players like Chris Harris SS with the Panthers for who...ADam Arch. We let Moose go for who Booker? Berrian Ayanbadejo, Bradley Gage, Columbo, Thomas Jones........and who did we get again? Jones=Pro Bowl with the jets, Ayanbedejo= Pro Bowl with the Ravens, Gage with the 12-3 Titians, Columbo with the Cowboys we need to get and keep the right players!

IMHO to make this team better we need to think outside the box. WR position has players like TO, Chad, Tj Hou, Bouldin, Colston, More open for the taking...take some.

At QB look at some of the players we could get... like Garcia=running QB with an arm, Collins well sort of old but still Cassell. We need cover corners like the the Packers who got Woodsen=Pro Bowl our WR could not get open against!

The Bears do, indeed, need players. However, they don't have an empty cupboard. A better coach would have done much more with this collection of talent. I'm convinced that with someone like Ditka or Cowher, a guy with fire (who would bring in a DC of a similar mold), the Bears would have 11 or 12 wins right now.

RM may find himself in Tampa with Kiffen gone.

I just don't see any changes on the horizon. Smith and company will ride the winning record (whether 10-6 or 9-7) as a sign that we'd be there if only better "execution" occurred. While there is truth to that, the record covers up some major coaching error and blunders from all involved.

And if we can make the playoffs, there's no chance for any changes...

I have to believe Detroit will clean house. If they do I would like to see RM brought in as DC, he was Lovies 1st choice when he was hired as our HC but at that time he was refused permission to interview him.

There is no guarantee Singletary remains in SF as HC. If not, heck, I would love to see him on the Bears sidelines but I do not think Lovie would hire him.

If Ried decides to take a sabatical from coaching, and J Johnson is on the open market, he would be my first choice as DC but again, I doubt Lovie would go for him as he is not a cover 2 guy.

There are going to be a lot of experienced talent available for coaching staffs this offseason, I just wonder if Lovie will change any of his coordinators or stay pat. As has been said already, Lovie will be our HC for at least 1 if not 2 more years. The question comes down to coordinators.

Jim Johnson would be a dream come true. I salivate to think what he could do w/ our defense. I agree it is likely a pipe dream, but if Angelo forces Lovie to fire Babich, he may also force Lovie to hire a DC who is not a "Lovie guy".

I want no part of Marinelli. I understand that you can be a great coordinator and fail as a HC, but (a) Marinelli has never proven himself as a coordinator, as he went from position coach to head coach, (B) while he may not be to blame for all of Detroit's woes, I do question how bad Detroit has been on defense. If Marinelli is so good, should we not expect Det's D to be a tad better and © I just do not want another "lovie guy".

What is reall going to piss everyone off is if we do end up with 10 wins, and win the division he may even get Coach of the Year consideration.

Why?

1. Team was not expected to win more than 5-6 games

2. Team doesnt have a QB or any wide receivers

3. Offensive line is old

4. First round pick didnt play a meaningful down, where he was slotted as starter in the most important O-Line position

5. Team will have won last 4 games, when they counted the most.

6. It can bactually be argued that he has done MORE with LESS than any other coach in the NFC.

We all know he doesnt deserve it (See games vs ATL, CAR and TB), but there will be talk.

Scary.

That's scary. It reminds me of when Jauron the Moron "won" coach of the year, even though it was plainly obvious to those who actually watched all the Bears' games that the team won in spite of him rather than because of him and his horrible staff.

And, just for the record, there were some on this board, who are obviously more informed of the Bears than the average media turd, who predicted that the Bears would win 9 or 10.

Bears with 10+ wins?

State of the Bears pre-2008

Jim Johnson would be a dream come true. I salivate to think what he could do w/ our defense. I agree it is likely a pipe dream, but if Angelo forces Lovie to fire Babich, he may also force Lovie to hire a DC who is not a "Lovie guy".

I want no part of Marinelli. I understand that you can be a great coordinator and fail as a HC, but (a) Marinelli has never proven himself as a coordinator, as he went from position coach to head coach, (B) while he may not be to blame for all of Detroit's woes, I do question how bad Detroit has been on defense. If Marinelli is so good, should we not expect Det's D to be a tad better and © I just do not want another "lovie guy".

Agreed on Johnson and the remaining thought process. However, ...drumroll please... Do you really think our cheap, I mean fiscally responsible management is going to pay top dollar for a coordinator. Remember they begrudgingly paid Lovie.

To be honest, while I do not believe we would get JJ, I do not believe money would be the issue nearly so much. JJ would be too similar to Rivera in that (a) his system is so far from Lovie's and (B) he would probably get too much credit, which seemed to threaten Lovie, IMHO.

Agreed on Johnson and the remaining thought process. However, ...drumroll please... Do you really think our cheap, I mean fiscally responsible management is going to pay top dollar for a coordinator. Remember they begrudgingly paid Lovie.

I want no part of Marinelli. I understand that you can be a great coordinator and fail as a HC, but (a) Marinelli has never proven himself as a coordinator, as he went from position coach to head coach,

Yep. Marinelli is waaaay over his head as HC, and he's never been a DC (arguably 2nd only to HC in terms of difficulty). The Bears would be rolling the dice on another unproven guy if they hired him, with the odds being against him excelling. JMO

Do you really think our cheap, I mean fiscally responsible management is going to pay top dollar for a coordinator. Remember they begrudgingly paid Lovie.

From what I read the big problem was that Lovie wanted more control over the team, and Angelo didn't want to give it up. That took time to resolve. The Bears, both ownership and front office, had no issue with the size of Smith's contract, despite what the sensationalizing media was reporting.

I want no part of Marinelli. I understand that you can be a great coordinator and fail as a HC, but (a) Marinelli has never proven himself as a coordinator, as he went from position coach to head coach, ( B) while he may not be to blame for all of Detroit's woes, I do question how bad Detroit has been on defense. If Marinelli is so good, should we not expect Det's D to be a tad better and © I just do not want another "lovie guy".

I wouldn't mind Marinelli as DLine coach though. Probably would never go for it, but if we are in the middle of a pipe dream... Jim Johnson DC, Rod Marinelli DLine, George Halas HC...