Jets OG Brandon Moore cut

BearSox

Brandon Moore was the starting RG for the Jets the past 4 years or so and was cut to save cap. He's a great run blocker and would be a perfect replacement for Garza (who needs to go). He's only 28 and has only been playing the OLine for about 6 years and still has room to improve.

Brandon Moore was the starting RG for the Jets the past 4 years or so and was cut to save cap. He's a great run blocker and would be a perfect replacement for Garza (who needs to go). He's only 28 and has only been playing the OLine for about 6 years and still has room to improve.

I was thinking the same thing that we should look at him or Harvey Dahand or Tyson Clabo from the Falcons

This would be a nice pickup and allow the Bears to continue to groom Beekman for the center spot when Kreutz is done. Plus if the Bears do what I want and draft a tackle early, plus resign St. Clair they'll have two tackle spots and a guard spot locked up long-term (ie, St. Clair plus Williams/Pick).

I agree. Bring in experinced OL and then grab BPA on draft day.

This would be a great under-the-radar pickup. Not a huge splash at one of the skill positions, but definitely a major upgrade. I could see Williams-Beekman-Kreutz-Moore-St. Clair being a pretty good line, with Buenning and Garza for depth and a developmental tackle in the wings. Not that Williams-Beekman-Kreutz-Moore-Vernon Carey wouldn't have been a way better one. Stupid Dolphins.

"under-the-radar"?

From what I have read, Moore instantly became one of the upper tier FAs on the market. As he is an OG, he may not be a household name, but we have seen the price tag for OGs soar in recent years, and Moore just went to the top of the list. He may be under the radar in terms of name recognition, but his contract will not be under the radar.

W/ that said, I totally agree w/ adding him. How about this dream OL.

Williams - St. Clair - Kreutz - Moore - Otah.

This would be a great under-the-radar pickup. Not a huge splash at one of the skill positions, but definitely a major upgrade. I could see Williams-Beekman-Kreutz-Moore-St. Clair being a pretty good line, with Buenning and Garza for depth and a developmental tackle in the wings. Not that Williams-Beekman-Kreutz-Moore-Vernon Carey wouldn't have been a way better one. Stupid Dolphins.

Okay, there are the dreams where you dream of Angalina Jolie, and then there are dreams of that hot chic that lives down the street. Both are great dreams to have, but only one has any shred of realism to it.

I would love to have a pair of stud w/ experience on the outside, but that is the Jolie dream. I can have two stud on the outside who may lack experience today, but will be Bear bookends for the next decade. That is the hot chic down the street dream.

I realize the potential issues w/ the lack of experience on the outside. At the same time (a) I would rather have an elite prospect w/ less experience over a very middle of the road talent w/ more experience and (B) Both inexperienced players would be paired w/ experienced veterans. It would be a more scary situation for me to have a rookie LG starting next to Williams, rather than Williams playing next to St. Clair and a rookie OT like Oher playing next to Moore.

Virtual rookies on the edge...not sure that's a dream other than for oppsing DE's! ;)

Although in therory I do like it... espcially with some more experience...

'nuff said!

Okay, there are the dreams where you dream of Angalina Jolie, and then there are dreams of that hot chic that lives down the street. Both are great dreams to have, but only one has any shred of realism to it.

I would love to have a pair of stud w/ experience on the outside, but that is the Jolie dream. I can have two stud on the outside who may lack experience today, but will be Bear bookends for the next decade. That is the hot chic down the street dream.

I realize the potential issues w/ the lack of experience on the outside. At the same time (a) I would rather have an elite prospect w/ less experience over a very middle of the road talent w/ more experience and (B) Both inexperienced players would be paired w/ experienced veterans. It would be a more scary situation for me to have a rookie LG starting next to Williams, rather than Williams playing next to St. Clair and a rookie OT like Oher playing next to Moore.

The Chicago Tribune believes GM Jerry Angelo is setting Lovie Smith up to take the blame should the Bears disappoint again this season.

Angelo pointed to coaching and attitude as reasons for optimism heading into 2009, but he also wouldn't promise any quick fixes on the player acquisition front. With a question mark at quarterback and gaping holes at wide receiver, offensive line, safety, and pass rusher, the pressure is on Angelo just as much as Smith.

See todays article.

Both Dee and Dum need to go for this franchise to flourish...

The Chicago Tribune believes GM Jerry Angelo is setting Lovie Smith up to take the blame should the Bears disappoint again this season.

Angelo pointed to coaching and attitude as reasons for optimism heading into 2009, but he also wouldn't promise any quick fixes on the player acquisition front. With a question mark at quarterback and gaping holes at wide receiver, offensive line, safety, and pass rusher, the pressure is on Angelo just as much as Smith.

See todays article.

Damn. I was making the same mistake last year too. Frankly, I would place a bet I make that mistake more than one more time as well.

Not to speak for nfo, but I'm pretty sure he meant Oher.. Both are OL with 4 letter names starting with O that have an "h" in there...

I could see myslef easily making that error...

Why does everyone hate Garza so much? Yes, he could be better, but the organization seems to like him, and they definitely feel that he's better then Beekman. Garza is only 29 (although he turns 30 in March . . . but Moore turns 29 in June, so there's a one year difference.)

I'll be honest, I don't know a damn thing about Moore, but he's that great, wouldn't the Jets have found a way to keep him?

It just seems that we have an endless amount of holes to fill that are far more pressing: O-tackle, WR, back-up QB, safety, and defensive end. Guard improvement is more of a luxury then a need. We need to fill the holes first.

I personally think Garza is that bad. I think his poor play would be more visable if not for how poor the play of others on the OL has been. When we are in short yardage situations, he never seems to get any push. He rarely does much in pass protection, and IMHO, is even weaker in terms of DL movement (blitzes, stunts, etc).

You say the organization seems to like him, but so what. The Organization likes many players who have no business starting, or being on the team. The Org loves AP, but that doesn't mean I want him as a starter. Garza is a good player to have in a reserve/depth role, but not what I would call a quality starter. Heck, I would argue Beekman looked better last year than garza.

I really disagree that OG upgrades are a luxury, and would just point out how often Forte was stuffed in the middle to prove my point. If you want to open up hole for our franchise RB, then you have to upgrade our OG positions as well.

Why does everyone hate Garza so much? Yes, he could be better, but the organization seems to like him, and they definitely feel that he's better then Beekman. Garza is only 29 (although he turns 30 in March . . . but Moore turns 29 in June, so there's a one year difference.)

I'll be honest, I don't know a damn thing about Moore, but he's that great, wouldn't the Jets have found a way to keep him?

It just seems that we have an endless amount of holes to fill that are far more pressing: O-tackle, WR, back-up QB, safety, and defensive end. Guard improvement is more of a luxury then a need. We need to fill the holes first.