Goodbye Rex Grossman

jason

A bit harsh...but entertaining.

I will say this, Rex, thank you for the effort and the overall class you exuded. His only really failing in those depts were the GB game being unprepared, the mocking of the media as ignorant, and his lack of taking responsibility for the SB loss. otherwise, he was really a model citizen. Just not a good consistent QB...

Thanks for the memories...at least there were some positives and a good storyline. I can't say that about a multitude of other boneheads that played the position for us.

Interesting, semi-humorous article about the Bad-Rex portion of Rex Grossman.

Good Bye Bad Rex

A bit harsh...but entertaining.

I will say this, Rex, thank you for the effort and the overall class you exuded. His only really failing in those depts were the GB game being unprepared, the mocking of the media as ignorant, and his lack of taking responsibility for the SB loss. otherwise, he was really a model citizen. Just not a good consistent QB...

Thanks for the memories...at least there were some positives and a good storyline. I can't say that about a multitude of other boneheads that played the position for us.

When you consider some of the complete and utter bust out first rounders who were also jagbags, Rex was a class act. I am speaking of:

- Cade McNown

- David Terrell

- Cedric Benson

Rex was a good guy who simply didn't work out. I wish him the best of luck.

Peace :dabears

Rex was underrated if you ask me. How many Bears QB's can say they led the Bears to a Super Bowl? And yes, he did lead them. In the last month, the Bears D was giving up 27 points to teams like STL, NYG, and TB, and Rex played well in all those games. He was never an ignorant asshole and took his career as it came. If he goes to the AFC, I hope he tears it up.

Rex was underrated if you ask me. How many Bears QB's can say they led the Bears to a Super Bowl? And yes, he did lead them. In the last month, the Bears D was giving up 27 points to teams like STL, NYG, and TB, and Rex played well in all those games. He was never an ignorant asshole and took his career as it came. If he goes to the AFC, I hope he tears it up.

I hope he goes to the AFC. Because given the right coaching and player he can light it up. Because I dont want to hear we should have kept him for guys next year

I hope he tears it up too. 1) He's a good guys and deserves some luck. 2) That'd be just one more player our incompetant staff failed to develop. IE: More leverage to bring in my main man COWHER!!!!

I hope he goes to the AFC. Because given the right coaching and player he can light it up. Because I dont want to hear we should have kept him for guys next year

Rex has all of the tools, but no polish. He can make all of the throws. But, also makes too many mistakes.

He has heart, moxie and a good attitude though. With the right QB coach and Offensive Coordinator, he can tear it up in this league. However, he would never be any good in Chicago. The BEARS DO NOT DEVELOP OFFENSIVE PLAYERS!! That goes even more so for QBs here. What they are when they come is what they will be when they leave, if not worse.

If you put Rex with somebody like Mike Martz or Holmgren, you can expect to see much better performances from Rex.

Good luck to him.

Rex has all of the tools, but no polish. He can make all of the throws. But, also makes too many mistakes.

He has heart, moxie and a good attitude though. With the right QB coach and Offensive Coordinator, he can tear it up in this league. However, he would never be any good in Chicago. The BEARS DO NOT DEVELOP OFFENSIVE PLAYERS!! That goes even more so for QBs here. What they are when they come is what they will be when they leave, if not worse.

If you put Rex with somebody like Mike Martz or Holmgren, you can expect to see much better performances from Rex.

Good luck to him.

Agree. Rex had his bad moments, but he also was the QB when we went to the Super Bolw last. He's a good kid that did not desre the piling on he got from the fans. Wish him luck.

He's a good kid. I just don't think he has the mental makeup to be a QB in the NFL. He has the heart, and many would argue the physical tools, but I just don't think he has it upstairs. Feel the same way about Simms.

That isn't to insult him as a man or a person. Not everyone is cut out to be a starting QB at this level. Good luck to him, but I just do not see the future sucess some are talking about.

Agree. Rex had his bad moments, but he also was the QB when we went to the Super Bolw last. He's a good kid that did not desre the piling on he got from the fans. Wish him luck.

Free agent Rex Grossman is interested in being Tony Romo's backup with the Cowboys.

Say what you want about Rexy, but he'd at least be an upgrade on Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger. As long as the Cowboys are picking their poison at the position, they may be more interested in Kyle Boller.

I hope he tears it up too. 1) He's a good guys and deserves some luck. 2) That'd be just one more player our incompetant staff failed to develop. IE: More leverage to bring in my main man COWHER!!!!

DING DING DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Aside from hoping he does well because he was a classy guy, I hope he does well so the Bears current staff looks utterly incompetent, which I'm convinced they are very close to becoming.

DING DING DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Aside from hoping he does well because he was a classy guy, I hope he does well so the Bears current staff looks utterly incompetent, which I'm convinced they are very close to becoming.

Hey Jason, do you really want to shoot yourself in the foot? You hope that our coaching staff looks bad? Isn't that cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Hey Jason, do you really want to shoot yourself in the foot? You hope that our coaching staff looks bad? Isn't that cutting off your nose to spite your face?

No. Because, just like the 2001 season, it's possible for the players to look good, and the team to get wins, despite the fact that the coaching is horrendous. I believe this staff is borderline incompetent, they mismanage talent, they evaluate like they're blind, and they make game changes slower than Keanu Reeves attempting to recite the Architect's speech from the Matrix.

No. Because, just like the 2001 season, it's possible for the players to look good, and the team to get wins, despite the fact that the coaching is horrendous. I believe this staff is borderline incompetent, they mismanage talent, they evaluate like they're blind, and they make game changes slower than Keanu Reeves attempting to recite the Architect's speech from the Matrix.

Well, if you put it that way, I agree! :notworthy