Fixing the offensive line

Stinger226

:unsure: Since we now have another body to add to the mix. I think we should still resign St Clair and still draft a OT in the first round. We need as many bodies as possibe since we arent even sure Williams can play yet. So could this be our ofensive line?

Williams, St. Clair, Keuntz, Buening, Oher with Omiyale, Beekman, and Garza backing them up.

We cut Metcalfs ass.

Why settle for St. Clair? I was fine re-signed St. Clair for his versatility. He would play RT, and if we draft one in the 1st, we could move him inside. But we just signed an OT, and there are significantly better FAs on the market to consider over St. Clair.

We have plenty of cap space. Why settle on St. Clair at this point when we can get far superior talent like Brown or Moore?

:unsure: Since we now have another body to add to the mix. I think we should still resign St Clair and still draft a OT in the first round. We need as many bodies as possibe since we arent even sure Williams can play yet. So could this be our ofensive line?

Williams, St. Clair, Keuntz, Buening, Oher with Omiyale, Beekman, and Garza backing them up.

We cut Metcalfs ass.

I concur. The Bears covered their backup needs here. In the event of a major injury, of the sort that you can't deal with, the Bears have some insurance. Now the Bears need to target another front line guy either with their top pick or with their remaining cap space

i agree...i'd love for them to use the cap space and sign someone to start (even if its st claire) then trade down in the draft to the last few picks of the first round (picking up a late second rounder) and landing the trio of a WR (Bey, Nicks or Robiskie), a DE (Michael Johnson maybe...i know alot of people don't like him, but he fits our scheme perfectly and oozes potential) and a S (Lewis Delmas)

i know most people don't want to trade down, but I think alot of the value will be gone at 18 (4 OTs should be gone, Maclin and Crabtree, the two QBs). After that, I'm not sold on Harvin, and I think alot of the other guys we would target will be there later.

Why settle for St. Clair? I was fine re-signed St. Clair for his versatility. He would play RT, and if we draft one in the 1st, we could move him inside. But we just signed an OT, and there are significantly better FAs on the market to consider over St. Clair.

We have plenty of cap space. Why settle on St. Clair at this point when we can get far superior talent like Brown or Moore?

The reason I suggested St. Clair is because if the new first round pick isnt ready and Williams cant play we have St Clair and Omiyale to fill in at those spots and they both can play guard. We could get better FA's but they should be able to play more than one position to make us more flexable.

The reason I suggested St. Clair is because if the new first round pick isnt ready and Williams cant play we have St Clair and Omiyale to fill in at those spots and they both can play guard. We could get better FA's but they should be able to play more than one position to make us more flexable.

That's why Brown from the Ravens would be a fantastic pickup. I would also love for us to pickup Khalif Barnes to start at RT. He can play LT as well, but is better suited for RT.

That's why Brown from the Ravens would be a fantastic pickup. I would also love for us to pickup Khalif Barnes to start at RT. He can play LT as well, but is better suited for RT.

Those are two moves I'd also love to see, Mongo. I'd rather fix the OL with vets at this point, vest that still have a few years left in the league. Then we can get BPA in the draft.

Those are two moves I'd also love to see, Mongo. I'd rather fix the OL with vets at this point, vest that still have a few years left in the league. Then we can get BPA in the draft.

It's a funny thing , Chile; I had the same BPA comment in my post but deleted because I didn't want it to cloud the OL message. But yes, that and any other FA pickups will eliminate a stresser for JA on draft day so he can focus on less and hopefully get more out of it.

If you sign Barnes to go with the recent FA pickup would you really need to address oline in the draft? You'd have Beekman, Williams, Barnes, and the FA all on the right side of 30, plus the sagy vet Kreutz.

If you sign Barnes to go with the recent FA pickup would you really need to address oline in the draft? You'd have Beekman, Williams, Barnes, and the FA all on the right side of 30, plus the sagy vet Kreutz.

Kffl has the Raiders going after Barnes. That, along with Moore and Dockery being off the table, means that JA is hoping to resign St. Clair and then pick up a 3rd round or higher draft choice for OT-OG. Man, I just would like JA to get into the game and solidify the OL. He seems to try to outhink everyone, kind of like our Coordinator's game plans. Just play to our strengths, don't try to get thing on the cheap. What's the point?