New Mock 3-2-09

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I think we need an OL earlier, espcially how JA has done JS in FA.....but overall it works for me. I like Veikune as a potential dark horse...

1. Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

2. Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan

3. Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon

3. Tyronne Green, OG, Auburn

4. Phillip Hunt, DE, Houston

5. Marko Mitchell, WR, Nevada

6. Londen Fryar, CB, Western Michigan

7. David Veikune, DE, Hawaii

7. Russell Allen, OLB, San Diego State

Thoughts?

1. Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

2. Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

3. Sherrod Martin, FS, Troy

Thoughts?

Like it!

Thoughts?

To be honest. This is my favorite mock draft yet. I think you really took care of our needs, and I really like the Britt and Oher picks. Britt just seems like he fights for every yard after the catch and is not afraid to get hit. I am tired of the Bears WR's always dropping balls, but more than that I just don't think they have had a good physical receiver in a long time. All these speed guys that need all kinds of room to make a catch. The only guy that compares is Olsen. I really think Britt could be that physical guy we need. Great job on this mock. Angelo should fear for his job :-)

I hope we get the 3rd round compensatory pick everyone seems to be assuming we will get. Logic would say we should receive a 3rd from the NFL but they have screwed us in the past. It seems whereas most everyone is so negative when it comes to the Bears management, they have faith in the NFL hierarchy. I guess I am just the opposite.

Thoughts?

I like the first two picks but would take Byrd/Oregon or Bruten/ ND instead, they played against better talent and are faster with the 3rd pick.

I would take Brandon Williams/ Texas Tech instead of Hunt. He's bigger and played against better talent with the same stats.

The rest are ok picks.

I like the first two picks but would take Byrd/Oregon or Bruten/ ND instead, they played against better talent and are faster with the 3rd pick.

I would take Brandon Williams/ Texas Tech instead of Hunt. He's bigger and played against better talent with the same stats.

The rest are ok picks.

If Nate Davis lasts til the late third or 4th I'd like to take a flier on him.

Thoughts?

I like it, but like someone else mentioned, if Bryd or Bruton are there grab them.

As for Hunt - here's what you told me earlier (lol)

Hunt is 6'2, 250. I'll pass.

I like it, but like someone else mentioned, if Bryd or Bruton are there grab them.

As for Hunt - here's what you told me earlier (lol)

When did I say that? Because if it was recently, I apologize. When I was making this mock, I saw that he measured in at 6'1 260 at the combine. Although his height worries me, at 260 that's a solid starting point on his weight. Alex Brown is only 260 right now according to NFL.com.

Feb 18th, no hard feelings.

When did I say that? Because if it was recently, I apologize. When I was making this mock, I saw that he measured in at 6'1 260 at the combine. Although his height worries me, at 260 that's a solid starting point on his weight. Alex Brown is only 260 right now according to NFL.com.

Feb 18 2009, 10:20 PM Post #13

Practice Squad

Group: Super Fans

Member No.: 2,593

I can live with that mock, but I think at least for this year we can pass on a CB or at least not a high RD one. Right now we have a decent group that can become better with better D-Line play. Tillman, Graham, Vasher, McBride, Bowman, Manning have all shown flashes and my sleeper to step up this year is Bowman.

Heres my take:

1-Hakeem Nicks WR - He is really starting to grow on me and I think he can become a #1 threat that would complement Hester very well

2-Phil Loadholdt RT - He definately has some work cut out for him in terms of pass blocking, but the Bears can really use a mauler on the right side to open up lanes for Forte.

3-Trevor Canfield G - After Canfield, the next 2-3 best G prospects have had recent knee injuries. If Canfield still available, he'd be too good to pass up.

3bb-David Bruton FS - Has decent speed that Lovie likes and can possibly be insurance behind Atowge when we sign him

4-Phillip Hunt DE - A quick DE that has a knack for getting to the QB

5-Drew Willy QB - Decent size QB, Doesn't make a lot of mistakes, comes out of MAC conference.

6-Herb Donaldson RB - coming out of our far back yard at Western IL, Donaldson is 5-11 220 has good size/speed but played in Div 1-AA. With approx. 1800 yds and 21 TD's he outshined his small division which shows something. This will be JA's small school talent.

7-Travis McCall FB - known for playing as a FB/TE at Bama and he can definately block. He only had 8 carries last year

Thoughts?

I like that mock. As some other people have said, I'd rather have Jairus Byrd than Sherrod Martin, but I doubt Byrd lasts until the 3rd. Some evaluators have him as the #2 DB overall, behind Malcolm Jenkins. Green looked great in Senior Bowl practices, and Oher/Britt would both be big additions. The only minor quibble I have is at DE: I'm not sure we need to add two guys. I really like Veikune, though. I'm not sure he'll last until the 7th, but if he does, Chicago would be dumb not to grab him.

WARNING: RAMPANT TRADE SPECULATION BELOW

Really, I wish the Bears had another 2nd-rounder this year, so they could go get one of the borderline DB prospects like Byrd, Alphonso Smith, or Sean Smith. My dream trade scenario (for now, at least) goes like this: now that the Pats have Kansas City's second rounder (#34) I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears swap #18 and #49 for #23 and #34, then trade our 3rd-rounder and a pick next year (probably would have to be another 3rd) for New England's pick #58.

The Bears move down in the first, up to the top of the second, then get an extra second out of the deal, which we need. The Pats still have San Diego's mid-second-round pick, they move up in the first, and they get an extra third this year and next. To sum up:

Bears pick #23, #34, #58, and our compensatory 3rd-rounder.

NE picks #18, #47, #49, #83, and #84, plus they get a 2010 pick.

This way, the Bears can go Oher or Beatty/Britton at 23 (depending on how far Oher falls) then get Nicks/Robiskie/Britt at #34 and Byrd at #58, then get an OG like Green with the compensatory pick. I think Byrd might be the one DB in the draft who could step in at free safety as a rookie, and we'd be in a great position to have our pick of the borderline-first wide receivers at #34.

I like that mock. As some other people have said, I'd rather have Jairus Byrd than Sherrod Martin, but I doubt Byrd lasts until the 3rd. Some evaluators have him as the #2 DB overall, behind Malcolm Jenkins. Green looked great in Senior Bowl practices, and Oher/Britt would both be big additions. The only minor quibble I have is at DE: I'm not sure we need to add two guys. I really like Veikune, though. I'm not sure he'll last until the 7th, but if he does, Chicago would be dumb not to grab him.

WARNING: RAMPANT TRADE SPECULATION BELOW

Really, I wish the Bears had another 2nd-rounder this year, so they could go get one of the borderline DB prospects like Byrd, Alphonso Smith, or Sean Smith. My dream trade scenario (for now, at least) goes like this: now that the Pats have Kansas City's second rounder (#34) I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears swap #18 and #49 for #23 and #34, then trade our 3rd-rounder and a pick next year (probably would have to be another 3rd) for New England's pick #58.

The Bears move down in the first, up to the top of the second, then get an extra second out of the deal, which we need. The Pats still have San Diego's mid-second-round pick, they move up in the first, and they get an extra third this year and next. To sum up:

Bears pick #23, #34, #58, and our compensatory 3rd-rounder.

NE picks #18, #47, #49, #83, and #84, plus they get a 2010 pick.

This way, the Bears can go Oher or Beatty/Britton at 23 (depending on how far Oher falls) then get Nicks/Robiskie/Britt at #34 and Byrd at #58, then get an OG like Green with the compensatory pick. I think Byrd might be the one DB in the draft who could step in at free safety as a rookie, and we'd be in a great position to have our pick of the borderline-first wide receivers at #34.

I think if one of DHB/Maclin falls to us, we could potentially trade down with the Giants, who have an extra 2nd round pick to spare. They might want to replace Plax. I think the numbers would work out for us to swap firsts and pick up on of the Giants second rounders. We could take Nicks or Britton in the first, then fill 2 of the OG/WR/RT/FS spots in the second.