Tate?

azbearsfan

What are the thoughts on Brandon Tate?

I read Brad Biggs piece on him and he sounds like a Desean JAckson or Eddie Royal type of player.

Will we be able to get him?

He was rated at the top of the list of WRs till he tore his knee up. Suppose to be ok, but wont be ready till june. Probably goes in the 3rd or 4th round.

Thanks for the video.

he looks good.

he's under 6 feet tall, weighs about 180, was never a very productive WR, is coming off an ACL injury, is not a good route runner, can't beat press coverage, isn't very tough. I don't really see him being a good buy for us anywhere before the end of the draft. i can't believe he's being discussed as a third round pick.

All I can tell from the video is that he seems to be able to track the ball in the air but he doesn't have blazing speed. Good speed, yes, but he doesn't pull away from guys like Maclin does, and that was before the injury.

he's under 6 feet tall, weighs about 180, was never a very productive WR, is coming off an ACL injury, is not a good route runner, can't beat press coverage, isn't very tough. I don't really see him being a good buy for us anywhere before the end of the draft. i can't believe he's being discussed as a third round pick.

Really? From everything I have read, he was a playmaker on the lines of a Harvin or Maclin before he got hurt and ran good routes.

Just curious, have you watched him alot or is that impression from other sources you have read.

Really? From everything I have read, he was a playmaker on the lines of a Harvin or Maclin before he got hurt and ran good routes.

Just curious, have you watched him alot or is that impression from other sources you have read.

With no offense or prejust to short people....what we need on the team are tall fast WR'S to create more mismatches in the other teams secondary for Gutler to take advantage of on the outside like Moss TO Fitzgerald, Buress etc, wiyh the little quick guys in the slot Hester, Bennett,Davis.

With no offense or prejust to short people....what we need on the team are tall fast WR'S to create more mismatches in the other teams secondary for Gutler to take advantage of on the outside like Moss TO Fitzgerald, Buress etc, wiyh the little quick guys in the slot Hester, Bennett,Davis.

I don't think we necessarily need a fast WR as we currently have fast WR's on our team now. I have been saying for a while though I am looking for a tall WR who can catch and run good routes. I believe this year you are going to see alot of underneath stuff to our TE's and RB's because teams are going to have to respect the fact that Cutler can fling the ball downfield which will open up stuff underneath. The one WR I like in the draft is Ramses Barden. He doesn't have the speed but with his height and his ability to catch and run clean routes I believe he could develop into a very nice #3 guy and possibly a #2.

I don't think we necessarily need a fast WR as we currently have fast WR's on our team now. I have been saying for a while though I am looking for a tall WR who can catch and run good routes. I believe this year you are going to see alot of underneath stuff to our TE's and RB's because teams are going to have to respect the fact that Cutler can fling the ball downfield which will open up stuff underneath. The one WR I like in the draft is Ramses Barden. He doesn't have the speed but with his height and his ability to catch and run clean routes I believe he could develop into a very nice #3 guy and possibly a #2.

Well the only real fast guy we have is Hester. I can see needing the height aspect too.

I was just wondering about Tate because of the Biggs piece.

Well the only real fast guy we have is Hester. I can see needing the height aspect too.

I was just wondering about Tate because of the Biggs piece.

I can't quite seem to figure out the scouting reports for Tate. Most of them seem to operate on the impression that he was poised to be a potential first round pick this year, but I can't quite understand how he would have gotten such great press considering he only had 30 catches prior to this year, though he was a great return man. So, it's an incredibly small sample for him. But his ypc this year, in only 16 catches) was still an insane 23.5. The videos seem to show he has legitimate WR skills, but the injury scares me.

I can't quite seem to figure out the scouting reports for Tate. Most of them seem to operate on the impression that he was poised to be a potential first round pick this year, but I can't quite understand how he would have gotten such great press considering he only had 30 catches prior to this year, though he was a great return man. So, it's an incredibly small sample for him. But his ypc this year, in only 16 catches) was still an insane 23.5. The videos seem to show he has legitimate WR skills, but the injury scares me.

That's why I compared him to Jackson And Royal. The return factor.

Maybe Biggs is wrong though.

Tate was never considered a 1st rounder. However, he was rising up boards throughout the whole year, and before his injury, he was considered possibly the best SENIOR wideout. This was his breakout year, and he is a very good prospect. But with the injury, he's probably at best a 4th rounder.