Bears Expo 2009 - Sunday May 17th

Pixote

Enjoy Pix, I'm a tad jealous over here

The wife and I went 3 years ago I think, back when it was the Bears Fan Convention and it was 3 days long held at the Hilton Hotel, and we absolutely enjoyed ourselves. I just can't wait especially considering that we get to take a tour of the hollowed grounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now my tickets are purchased and I am waiting for delivery.

No one has responded to this thread indicating they are going to attend. Surely some of you are going????

JOIN THE BEARS AT SOLDIER FIELD!

The 2009 Bears Expo presented by Chase will be held at Soldier Field May 17th! Bears Expo will continue to celebrate the franchise’s past, present and future, and include the best elements from years past.

Come out to the Expo to help kick off the 2009 season with the Chicago Bears and the 4th Phase. Be sure to check out the autograph sessions, seminars (featuring players, coaches and front office personnel), locker room tours, Q&A sessions, kids interactive area, field activities, authentic Bears merchandise, participating vendors and see first hand the ins and outs of the best stadium in the NFL, Soldier Field!

The 2009 Expo seminar schedule will include Inside the Bears, Bears Q&A, Meet the Coordinators, Football Tales, Game Time Equipment, Meet the Rookies and more!

*Seminars are subject to change.

Get your tickets now!

Click here for a list of players attending!

• 2 weeks later...
Getting excited yet Pix??

You betcha, just got my tickets via mail last weekend and printed out the program offered on the Bears Website to plan out my day. I am surprised no one has responded to this thread. I have to believe Gary & I are not the only posters attending.

Yep, will do. It's about 5:30 AM and I am getting ready to make the trip to the Expo. Gary (bowlingtwig) will be picking me up in a few minutes and we are looking forward to some BEAR sightings.

Hope you guys had a great time!!!!

Peace :dabears

Hope you guys had a great time!!!!

Peace :dabears

We had a great time.

In reading the reports from the Trib & Sun-Times, it appears to me there is not a whole lot I can add to the reports. I expected as much for the media usually jumps on any worth while quotes from such events right away. So was it a waste of time & money to go to an event of this nature when I could have read up on it on the net or newspaper? Absolutely not! It was worth every penny (and every sore muscle I am experiencing today after walking around for 9 hours).

On the locker room tour I noticed that the players lockers were grouped a lot by position. Makes sense but something I was not aware of. Olsen & Cutler in the same area, not surprising. These guys are joined at the hip. They signed autographs together at the same booth. They sat next to each other at the seminar where they answered questions. We all know they have enjoyed some night life together. Cutler even joked that Olsen was staying in his guest room of his home (I think he was joking, LOL).

I thought the locker room seemed smaller than I got the impression of in locker room interviews or after game locker room reports. I also was amazed at how small the visitors locker room was (not part of the tour but I got to see it when getting some autographs set up there). You talk about cramped. It had to be half the size of the Bears LR.

Going out on the field was a blast. Remember, I had never been to Soldier Field. Going out onto the field and walking where my beloved play was just awesome. To view the stands from the field was quite an experience. The field looked incredibly small when actually standing on it. I played a lot of FB in HS but the field was not engulfed by such a massive structure. Makes a big difference in perception.

They had field goal kicking opportunities. I am talking very short field goals, less than an extra point attempt. Yet only approximately 10 % made the attempt. Hail to bowlingtwig, he was successful, but I would definitely not sign him to a contract, it was just barely over the crossbar and just a bit inside the left upright, LOL.

In our quest for offensive help, bowlingtwig looked OK in the RB drills but dropped a long pass, hands of concrete, LOL. Scratch him off possible help for Cutler.

We were among the first 4000 fans to enter so got a guaranteed signature opportunity. Did we get Cutler, Olsen, Urlacher, Forte, Pace, NO. Gary & I both got Chris Williams. Now that was not so bad, I like the guy and think he will be a darn good OT. However, when we got in line for the signing and after 45 minutes past the signing time he still had not shown very few in line had much good to say about him ;-)

As a result of his no show 2 things happened, one good, one bad.

On the good side, they had Jarron Gilbert & Johnny Knox replace Williams so I got to meet and get sigs of 2 very impressive rookies. My hats off to them for volunteering to substitute for Williams as they had more signings and a seminar later in the day.

Gilbert is a monster, huge, muscles on muscles, and Knox for a small WR was definitely a regular in the weight room. It was great to meet them and shake their hands.

On the negative, because of the 45 minute delay, we were late getting to the seminar for the "big show" with Cutler, Olsen, Forte, & Pace. Thanks CW! As a result we had lousy views of the players but was able to view them from a distance and on a huge monitoring device set up.

We were able to later get front row seats to the rookies seminar. Gilbert, Knox, Freeman, & Moore.

Knox was a bit uneasy in the prime light. He seemed a bit nervous in the spotlight. He was very open and friendly but just seemed uncomfortable. This guy ran a 4.25 40, man that is fast. He admitted he will need to improve his route running skills but seemed confident in his ability.

Next to him was Freeman. Of all the 4 rookies he seemed the most polished in the interview process, always coming up with excellent responses and never got rattled. I got good vibes from this guy. He could be a huge player for us in the near future.

Gilbert was next to him and also seems a bit awkward in the spotlight. However, he did not shy away from questions and seemed humble. He had rave reviews of RM from rookie camp saying he had already learned a lot from Ron in his limited time. Enormous physical specimen. Huge wing span. Huge muscular build. Could touch the ceiling of his dorm doom flatfooted? Could put his fingers to the floor under a door frame and reach up with the other hand and touch the top of the door frame. Had a 37" vertical leap and over 10' in the broad jump? Man, turn him loose, this could be fun.

Next to him was DJ Moore. This guy was funny and had a bit of swagger to him (like many CBs). Man did he look small. He has great vertical leaping skills which he reminded us of when he was asked about the press & experts questions of his height. He was definitely very comfortable in the "prime time".

DJ was the first to arrive for the rookie seminar and spent a lot of time signing autographs before the start. Tom Thayer was fantastic helping out in the Seminars and spent hours between shows signing autographs, shaking hands, allowing fans to take pictures of him with them, etc. I was super impressed with his rapport and tireless efforts to please the fans attending.

In short, I had a blast!

Awesome! I'm totally jealous!

PS - I can make 20 yard FG's (no wind)! (Too many years playing soccer and a few holding for kickers as a back-up QB in HS allowed me to make a lot of tries!)

We had a great time.

In reading the reports from the Trib & Sun-Times, it appears to me there is not a whole lot I can add to the reports. I expected as much for the media usually jumps on any worth while quotes from such events right away. So was it a waste of time & money to go to an event of this nature when I could have read up on it on the net or newspaper? Absolutely not! It was worth every penny (and every sore muscle I am experiencing today after walking around for 9 hours).

On the locker room tour I noticed that the players lockers were grouped a lot by position. Makes sense but something I was not aware of. Olsen & Cutler in the same area, not surprising. These guys are joined at the hip. They signed autographs together at the same booth. They sat next to each other at the seminar where they answered questions. We all know they have enjoyed some night life together. Cutler even joked that Olsen was staying in his guest room of his home (I think he was joking, LOL).

I thought the locker room seemed smaller than I got the impression of in locker room interviews or after game locker room reports. I also was amazed at how small the visitors locker room was (not part of the tour but I got to see it when getting some autographs set up there). You talk about cramped. It had to be half the size of the Bears LR.

Going out on the field was a blast. Remember, I had never been to Soldier Field. Going out onto the field and walking where my beloved play was just awesome. To view the stands from the field was quite an experience. The field looked incredibly small when actually standing on it. I played a lot of FB in HS but the field was not engulfed by such a massive structure. Makes a big difference in perception.

They had field goal kicking opportunities. I am talking very short field goals, less than an extra point attempt. Yet only approximately 10 % made the attempt. Hail to bowlingtwig, he was successful, but I would definitely not sign him to a contract, it was just barely over the crossbar and just a bit inside the left upright, LOL.

In our quest for offensive help, bowlingtwig looked OK in the RB drills but dropped a long pass, hands of concrete, LOL. Scratch him off possible help for Cutler.

We were among the first 4000 fans to enter so got a guaranteed signature opportunity. Did we get Cutler, Olsen, Urlacher, Forte, Pace, NO. Gary & I both got Chris Williams. Now that was not so bad, I like the guy and think he will be a darn good OT. However, when we got in line for the signing and after 45 minutes past the signing time he still had not shown very few in line had much good to say about him ;-)

As a result of his no show 2 things happened, one good, one bad.

On the good side, they had Jarron Gilbert & Johnny Knox replace Williams so I got to meet and get sigs of 2 very impressive rookies. My hats off to them for volunteering to substitute for Williams as they had more signings and a seminar later in the day.

Gilbert is a monster, huge, muscles on muscles, and Knox for a small WR was definitely a regular in the weight room. It was great to meet them and shake their hands.

On the negative, because of the 45 minute delay, we were late getting to the seminar for the "big show" with Cutler, Olsen, Forte, & Pace. Thanks CW! As a result we had lousy views of the players but was able to view them from a distance and on a huge monitoring device set up.

We were able to later get front row seats to the rookies seminar. Gilbert, Knox, Freeman, & Moore.

Knox was a bit uneasy in the prime light. He seemed a bit nervous in the spotlight. He was very open and friendly but just seemed uncomfortable. This guy ran a 4.25 40, man that is fast. He admitted he will need to improve his route running skills but seemed confident in his ability.

Next to him was Freeman. Of all the 4 rookies he seemed the most polished in the interview process, always coming up with excellent responses and never got rattled. I got good vibes from this guy. He could be a huge player for us in the near future.

Gilbert was next to him and also seems a bit awkward in the spotlight. However, he did not shy away from questions and seemed humble. He had rave reviews of RM from rookie camp saying he had already learned a lot from Ron in his limited time. Enormous physical specimen. Huge wing span. Huge muscular build. Could touch the ceiling of his dorm doom flatfooted? Could put his fingers to the floor under a door frame and reach up with the other hand and touch the top of the door frame. Had a 37" vertical leap and over 10' in the broad jump? Man, turn him loose, this could be fun.

Next to him was DJ Moore. This guy was funny and had a bit of swagger to him (like many CBs). Man did he look small. He has great vertical leaping skills which he reminded us of when he was asked about the press & experts questions of his height. He was definitely very comfortable in the "prime time".

DJ was the first to arrive for the rookie seminar and spent a lot of time signing autographs before the start. Tom Thayer was fantastic helping out in the Seminars and spent hours between shows signing autographs, shaking hands, allowing fans to take pictures of him with them, etc. I was super impressed with his rapport and tireless efforts to please the fans attending.

In short, I had a blast!

I hear ya! My longest was 35... But 20 and in, I was 100%. My soccer leg helped! I was fullback and my job was to kick the ball up to the forwards or just as far as possible! I would have geekde put at the convention and missed a PAT!

I've hit a 45 yarder (a little wind to help me...sucker hit the crossbar dead in the center and bounced over). My real limit is in between the 35-40 as I'm probably about 50% from there. Of course that isn't that great, but thats with only soccer experience.

My trajectory was preety low too... In fact, I'd line up 2 more yards back than normal, and it would help. Never got blocked though! Just missed a lot after 20! ...but it was never in a game situation. Only a so-so rush during practice on occassion.

Oh and I'm fairly certain if there was a line, my % would go down cause I'm certain I'd get blocked a lot.

My trajectory was preety low too... In fact, I'd line up 2 more yards back than normal, and it would help. Never got blocked though! Just missed a lot after 20! ...but it was never in a game situation. Only a so-so rush during practice on occassion.

Great! I'm talking football with bunch of kickers. I bet NFO and Crackerdog were kickers too. :P

Not true! I was just a crummy back-up QB that was bored and kicked w/ our kicker! But, I was officially back-up after the punter... McMahon was my idol! Unfortunatley I mimicked his drinking ability more than his on-field heroics!

Great! I'm talking football with bunch of kickers. I bet NFO and Crackerdog were kickers too. :P