At 105, it's Melton

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Guest TerraTor
Gawd.. Another idiotic pick. We continue to neglect the need of OL and Safety for another DLineman who isn't going to make the team..Great

gotta agree with you there.. I think this staff forgets we have a god awful secondary

The Bears added three offensive lineman this off-season, one a long time probowler, one a mediocre starting tackle who will provide great depth, and another a young guy who might just turn into a beast of a guard. Plus we have a 1st round draft pick technically added to the ranks. The Bears had far bigger needs than oline, imo. Our defense was absolutely freakin horrid last year and it started with the inability to get to the QB.

The Bears now have gotten a DT and DE that are freaks athletically and who should really help the Bears get pressure. Plus, Brown and Oguneley are old and Ogunleye and Anderson are due to be FA's so the Bears are really protecting themselves. I have zero problem with these moves.

People complaining about D-Linemen need to realize that we had NO pressure on the quarterback last season. Anderson regressed, Ogunleye is getting older, Brown had a great season but how much longer will he be a big factor, Harris has injury issues, and between Adams and Harrison, we weren't really blowing anyone away.

I REALLY wanted Maiava there but he went to CLE the pick before us.

The Bears added three offensive lineman this off-season, one a long time probowler, one a mediocre starting tackle who will provide great depth, and another a young guy who might just turn into a beast of a guard. Plus we have a 1st round draft pick technically added to the ranks. The Bears had far bigger needs than oline, imo. Our defense was absolutely freakin horrid last year and it started with the inability to get to the QB.

The Bears now have gotten a DT and DE that are freaks athletically and who should really help the Bears get pressure. Plus, Brown and Oguneley are old and Ogunleye and Anderson are due to be FA's so the Bears are really protecting themselves. I have zero problem with these moves.

+1

Gawd.. Another idiotic pick. We continue to neglect the need of OL and Safety for another DLineman who isn't going to make the team..Great

JA's an idiot! We need help at FS and OG but he picks two DL??? We don't need any more of them we already have harrison, harris, brown, ogun, anderson, adams, and idonije. So yeah, the first pick may be okay but two??? REALLY??? we could really use an OG like robinson so we can actually get some push in the run game cause garza sucks and did I mention that we have some incompetent cast offs at safety??? Bullocks and Glenn can't be a solution and now we'll have a piss poor pass Defense for another year cause JA is a jackass! I'm hoping this will be his last draft for this team cause his antics of "thinking" he's the best at finding defense sleepers in the late part of the draft are gettig old. Hey JA you found briggs, harrison and graham and that's about it because vasher's done squat the last couple years and your reaches for defensive talent are killing this team go see your second rd pick you cut last year or even okwo! Quit screwing around and pick our needs like OG AND FS!!!

Melton had some off the field issues with a DUI back in 2007. It should also be pointed out that this guy is a converted RB whose playing DE. He was a backup RB at Texas for his first two years and really has limited experience at the end spot. However, athletically he's a freak and could turn into one of those ends that can get to the QB and play the run very well. I like that we are getting guys that are athletically strong, especially since we have the best dline coach in football who can help them develop and improve there techniques.

Flat do not like this pick. I talked about Melton pre-draft, and just never cared for him. He was a RB for a couple years at Texas, and a big one at that. actually liked him in that role more than after he was converted to DE. There is raw, and there is Melton. I don't mind raw w/ the vets and satff we have, but at the same time, I don't see the upside here I would want in a raw player. All the way around, this is just not a pick i like.

But w/ a stud DT, the WR I wanted, oh yea, and a franchise QB, I'll give my BFF a pass :)

We need to boost the DL, especially the DE. Ya, were fine for 2009, but if we don't add someone this year, were screwed in 2010. Just like on offense, it starts with the line on defense also. The front four on defense makes the DB's look a lot better if there getting pressure on the QB

We have more than enough DLineman, Mareneli was brought in for a reason, to enhance their play. There were other glaring needs this team could have covered. The first guy, okay. That last pick was just stupid.

We have Oguns on the decline and out after this season, Brown the overachiever, Anderson the underachiever who can walk after this season, and Izzy, who is a nice swing man. Not exactly studly at DE.

We have more than enough DLineman, Mareneli was brought in for a reason, to enhance their play. There were other glaring needs this team could have covered. The first guy, okay. That last pick was just stupid.

This guy is a "Jerry fell in love with him" guy. I hope I'm wrong or we're able to trade off some of our excess DL for picks next year. Otherwise, we've got a lot of guys already that Marinelli was supposed to be able to "coach up" and we're giving up on them.

I reserve the right to change my mind as I read more about him but right now I'm kinda pissed off.