#140 - Johnny Knox, WR

Clawhammer

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/...ayers/8547.html

Hmmmm.......I like this kid!

On second thought, I did like that Airese Currie kid too a few years back...

Currie was basically a track star playing football. Know is actually a football player.

He could be a really good slot receiver in a few years.

This is one of the kids I thought the Bears would target because they seem to try to find these diamonds in the rough. I watch this guy workout and he can absolutely fly. I like this pick and the Moore pick. I wonder what the Bears are becoming Vandy North?

Local guys here in Dallas have talked about Knox a lot. Talent is incredible. Great combo of hands and speed, and what speed he has.

W/ that said, we need to hold off on early expectations. He is going to take some time. He was at a JUCO school and transfered to a bigger, yet still small tier school. Competition level he is used to is minimal. Also, he was able to dominate w/ speed, but his routes will need work and refinement. Could be a very good receiver for us in time, but early on will more likely play teams and maybe specific plays on offense, but I do not see him as a very productive WR early on.

Local guys here in Dallas have talked about Knox a lot. Talent is incredible. Great combo of hands and speed, and what speed he has.

W/ that said, we need to hold off on early expectations. He is going to take some time. He was at a JUCO school and transfered to a bigger, yet still small tier school. Competition level he is used to is minimal. Also, he was able to dominate w/ speed, but his routes will need work and refinement. Could be a very good receiver for us in time, but early on will more likely play teams and maybe specific plays on offense, but I do not see him as a very productive WR early on.

This is the kind of pick I'd expect from Jerry and in most years it would be a huge BUST. But we now have a QB so maybe JA's prototypical blazer with a huge upside makes sense now. Let's just hope he isn't a huge pussy like Bradley. I like the pick given our team make-up now.

I like the pick because

(a) as you said, we have a QB who can help the develolpment of a downfield WR, rather than hinder,

(B) we have worked to upgrade the OL, which buys a WR time to work deep routes, and

© we drafted a possession WR earlier, and thus he Knox will not be forced into action too soon.

Honestly, I think Knox has potential, but will take 2 or 3 years to develop. Anyone expecting much this year I think will be disappointed.

This is the kind of pick I'd expect from Jerry and in most years it would be a huge BUST. But we now have a QB so maybe JA's prototypical blazer with a huge upside makes sense now. Let's just hope he isn't a huge pussy like Bradley. I like the pick given our team make-up now.

I like the pick because

(a) as you said, we have a QB who can help the develolpment of a downfield WR, rather than hinder,

(B) we have worked to upgrade the OL, which buys a WR time to work deep routes, and

© we drafted a possession WR earlier, and thus he Knox will not be forced into action too soon.

Honestly, I think Knox has potential, but will take 2 or 3 years to develop. Anyone expecting much this year I think will be disappointed.

I'll put it this way,Devin Hester made an impact immediately on returns and I believe Knox is going to be utilized there first. I also remember Berrian catching a TD from Krentzel in his first year. If Knox gives 2 or 3 TDs his first season I think that would be more than I expect.

I'll put it this way,Devin Hester made an impact immediately on returns and I believe Knox is going to be utilized there first. I also remember Berrian catching a TD from Krentzel in his first year. If Knox gives 2 or 3 TDs his first season I think that would be more than I expect.

I completely agree. In the first year I want him to just be able to get on the field for a handful of plays per game. This is 1 kid I have really high hopes for.

When Britney said in concert her pussy was hanging out, was she talking about Bradley???? ;)

Peace :dabears

I completely agree. In the first year I want him to just be able to get on the field for a handful of plays per game. This is 1 kid I have really high hopes for.

I know what you mean. I have a lot of respect for JA in the 4th,5th and 6th rounds for the guys. Regardless of what we want one of JA's 4th rounders netted this team Jay Cutler. and that's Orton.

A faster and more agile version of Rashied Davis and he can catch! I'm in. I agree we can't expect much from him this year but I also think we won't be able to put him on the practice squad. It would be nice to add a veteran WR to the ranks but if we do we'll end up keeping 6 WR.

Hester, Bennett, Iglesias, Davis, Knox, FA vet

A faster and more agile version of Rashied Davis and he can catch! I'm in. I agree we can't expect much from him this year but I also think we won't be able to put him on the practice squad. It would be nice to add a veteran WR to the ranks but if we do we'll end up keeping 6 WR.

Hester, Bennett, Iglesias, Davis, Knox, FA vet

I love this idea. This way, if Bennett doesn't pan out split outside or in the slot, Iglesias can be split out and Knox can take the slot.

Whatever happens, we have options...for a great QB.