Favre to sign with Vikings

bowlingtwig

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

I have now lost all respect that I had for him. I hope he gets killed during a game.

I don't know why anyone is surprised. I called this after his last re-re-re-retirement. Favre just didn't want to go to TC. I predicted that he would change his mind after the Vikes broke camp leaving him a month of preseason where he can sleep in his own bed at home instead of a dorm room.

It's just more prima donnaness out of the douche.

I'm not worried for our team because I bet his arm has fallen off by the time he has to play us this year.

I don't know why anyone is surprised. I called this after his last re-re-re-retirement. Favre just didn't want to go to TC. I predicted that he would change his mind after the Vikes broke camp leaving him a month of preseason where he can sleep in his own bed at home instead of a dorm room.

I'm not worried for our team because I bet his arm has fallen off by the time he has to play us this year.

I am not shocked one bit. I would be shocked if anyone is surprised by this.

I understand that, but just like what the radio show hosts from minnesotta said couldn't they have put into his contract 5 months ago that he didn't have to go to camp and avoid looking like a complete dumbass? I mean really he has retired more than anyone has ever attempted to do. He's really making himself look like a fool. But hell i'm not gonna complain we've owned him for the last couple years and I have berrian on my fantasy team lol!

no kidding. people complained last year that he didn't build any relationship with his teammates last year and he was with them for the preseason games. I guess you can forget about any relationship this year as well.

I hope Favre realizes the only reason he has a job right now is because of how desperate Minny is. Childress had better hope that he will get them deep into the playoffs otherwise he will be looking for a new job as well.

I'm hoping for two things here:

1. Favre's arm isn't 100% after the surgery

2. His presence rips the team apart

I think there's a good chance of either or both of these happening. If neither happens, the Vikings must be considered one of the top contenders in the NFC.

It's going to be a very interesting season, regardless.

No clue about his arm, but I really don't think his presence will have a negative effect on the team. From everything I have read, it seems like most of the players really wanted him, and quite a few of the veterans/leaders were even calling him trying to get him to sign. Jackson and Rosenfels may not be thrilled, but I don't think either have a big "camp" on their side, thus I don't think Farve creates a rift on the team.

Two things I think could be interesting.

One. Wasn't it Favre who was known as a crappy indoor QB, for whatever reason. I don't have the stats, but I thought Farve was always weakest playing indoors. If that is true, it will be interesting to see how he does now that he will play so many games in doors.

Two. Farve style would seem to contradict what Minny is otherwise set up to do. Farve is not a QB who can be conservative. W/ the OL and RB set up Minny has, they are really built to run the ball. Turning the ball over is never a good thing, for any offense, but a running team is hurt far worse than a passing team by turnovers. If Farve start turning the ball over, which you know he will, will that force Minny out of their element, and if so, would that not get away from what Minny does best?

Farve is better than what they had, and thus this has to be viewed as an upgrade. At the same time, I really question whether a QB like Farve is right for that team, and whether he will in the end really help them that much. I would much rather face a big helping of Farve at this point than AP and Minny's ground attack.

I'm hoping for two things here:

1. Favre's arm isn't 100% after the surgery

2. His presence rips the team apart

I think there's a good chance of either or both of these happening. If neither happens, the Vikings must be considered one of the top contenders in the NFC.

It's going to be a very interesting season, regardless.

The only justice the football gods can provide is a career ending injury for this dickhead so that we never have to hear ESPN slobber all over him again, we never have to hear about the games-played streak again, and we never have to hear about the possibility of a comeback...AGAIN.

No clue about his arm, but I really don't think his presence will have a negative effect on the team.

I'm not saying it will but I think one thing I read could push it along that road... According to Chris Mortenson, this deal has been "done" for two months. How many players, fans and members of the media were deceived in the last 60 days?

This has the potential of blowing up on them. I doubt it will. Favre will smile and say something "back woods" and they'll all start sucking his dick.

God I hate this guy.