Steelers @ Bears 9-20-09 3:15 CT

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We took a tough team and outplayed them at the end. We deserved to lose after 1 half and then we came back and took it to them. I still think we are in serious trouble if Forte doesn't get himself going. No falling sky, but there are still some thunderclouds.

The injuries are worrisome too. But let's look at it this way...the Bears can now win games against really good defenses through the passing game. That's something they could not do the last few years.

The injuries are worrisome too. But let's look at it this way...the Bears can now win games against really good defenses through the passing game. That's something they could not do the last few years.

Great point, when was the last time that we could win a game purely based on our ability to throw the ball. I love the fact that this game we started to run the ball and although it wasn't working we continued to go to it to at least soften up the defense.

Great game for the Bears all around. Somewhat ugly, but they were the defending SB champs coming in on long rest. The best part about this win is that this team will only get better as the season goes on. Davis and Knox looked great, and others had some huge plays (Olsen, Hester, AP).

The defense only allowed 2 TDs, and one was after a completely bogus missed holding call against PIT. Other than that, they played pretty well PU (Post-Urlacher). Briggs was hitting people hard, Brown with 2 Sacks, and Tillman with an INT.

If we can clean up the penalties and tighten up the coverage team, this team is going to be hard to beat. Especially if they get Forte going.

A few thoughts from the old man of the forum....

During preseason there was talk from some posters saying Knox would not make the roster and maybe we can put him on the PS. I think it is quite obvious to all that did not believe in this kid that he is the real deal. Tremendous speed, good hands, & gutsy. I look forward to see his continued development.

There was also posters saying we should cut K Davis, we could not keep 4 TEs, Davis was the odd man out, he had not proved he was NFL worthy. He did have one drop today, but he made a lot of great catches in traffic and looked excellent today. I also look forward to see his continued development.

Cutler stepped up big time today. He played smart. He knew when to take a sack and when to throw it away. He had outstanding pocket presence and should be a thrill to watch during the next decade in Chicago. Thanks Denver!

I would not worry too much about Forte at this point. We have faced 2 tough 3-4 defenses in the last 2 games. Let's see what he does against Seattle. Gore totally trashed them this week. My money is on Forte breaking out next week. If he doesn't, then maybe I will get a bit concerned.

Does anyone know the extent of Alex Brown's injury? We sure do not need anyone else on D on the sidelines.

A few thoughts from the old man of the forum....

During preseason there was talk from some posters saying Knox would not make the roster and maybe we can put him on the PS. I think it is quite obvious to all that did not believe in this kid that he is the real deal. Tremendous speed, good hands, & gutsy. I look forward to see his continued development.

There was also posters saying we should cut K Davis, we could not keep 4 TEs, Davis was the odd man out, he had not proved he was NFL worthy. He did have one drop today, but he made a lot of great catches in traffic and looked excellent today. I also look forward to see his continued development.

Cutler stepped up big time today. He played smart. He knew when to take a sack and when to throw it away. He had outstanding pocket presence and should be a thrill to watch during the next decade in Chicago. Thanks Denver!

I would not worry too much about Forte at this point. We have faced 2 tough 3-4 defenses in the last 2 games. Let's see what he does against Seattle. Gore totally trashed them this week. My money is on Forte breaking out next week. If he doesn't, then maybe I will get a bit concerned.

Does anyone know the extent of Alex Brown's injury? We sure do not need anyone else on D on the sidelines.

Great point about Forte. The 3-4 defense is designed to take away a teams ability to run effectively. Now we go back to facing 4-3 defenses in the next 2 weeks with Seattle and then the Lions.

We NEED to run more. I want to see more of a commitment to the run. And not the same darn up-the-middle for 2 yds... How about some cut-back's, sweeps, etc... Mix it up Turner!

Plus, we should run all day long against Seattle. Their run defense is horrible, but from what I've read on some Seahawks message boards, their pass D is pretty respectable.

I think I'll be by you at today's game. Me and the lady will try to stop by. Hopefully we get to cheer on Bears win #1 in the Cutler era!!!

I tried to find you before the game, but in the middle of the game it was too crowded. I was in 350, Row 2 for the game against the Steelers.

Ended up getting on CBS after the game giving my opinion on the Bears W!!!!

Game was a ton of fun to be at. And to top it off, I proposed later on in the evening in downtown and am now engaged.

I tried to find you before the game, but in the middle of the game it was too crowded. I was in 350, Row 2 for the game against the Steelers.

Ended up getting on CBS after the game giving my opinion on the Bears W!!!!

Game was a ton of fun to be at. And to top it off, I proposed later on in the evening in downtown and am now engaged.

can't think of a better way to do it. lol congrats