Some interesting tid-bits from the Score

Pixote

I heard that D Manning will start at FS

D Manning will move to Nickle in that situation with KP relieving him in the nickle package

Omiyale will start at LOG but Beekman will be in the wings if he has trouble

Clark is definately out (I want to see K Davis get a shot!)

D Manning may not return KOs do to the added duty at FS

Good chance we will see Johnny Knox return KOs.

I heard that D Manning will start at FS

D Manning will move to Nickle in that situation with KP relieving him in the nickle package

This was actually the discussed plan in preseason until DM went down w/ an injury. While I didn't care for the idea then, I liked a good bit of what I saw from DM in game one, and like the idea of giving him an opportunity. The only aspect I do not care for his his moving to nickel and Payne playing FS. Sorry, but if ever there is a time I do not want Payne playing FS, it is in passing situation like when we will move to nickel. Payne is okay playing in or near the box, but simply is weak downfield. I would much rather leave DM at FS and insert Graham at nickel.

Good to hear it is even being considered.

Clark is definately out (I want to see K Davis get a shot!)

Agreed. I would really like to see Davis get some opportunities, especially in the red zone.

D Manning may not return KOs do to the added duty at FS

Good chance we will see Johnny Knox return KOs.

This kind of hurts. He is so damn good in the return game, you hate to see him not play in that role. At the same time, you simply do not often see full time players also playing in the return game anymore. I think how long this lasts depends on Knox, and whoever else is tried. Knox definitely has to potential to be very good. If he can play well, then I doubt DM returns. If Knox, and whoever else may be looked at, struggle, then DM will likely return again.

Before everyone goes nuts w/ this one, I would like to remind everyone that only a year ago, everyone went nuts w/ the idea of DM taking over return duties for Hester, but few question that move now. If Knox steps up the way DM did, I doubt many fans second guess this move. If he does not, I bet DM returns.

Guest TerraTor
I hear Detroit, Jacksonville, and St Louis needs fans..

just because your kool-aid is spiked with 99 Bananas, Danniel Manning does one thing well and thats return kickoffs, so of course well put him back where hes terrible.

Come now...

Just because someone disagrees with something doesn't immediately mean they are switching loyalties.

It's as bad a knee jerk response as much of what you claim Terra of...

According to NFL mobil live Kellen Davis WILL play in 2 TE formations. As much as I like DM returning kicks I have no problem with Knox back there. I know that Pix and I have been his biggest fan but when he produces we will sit there and say I told you so. The problem with Knox returning kicks is that he has so much speed he struggles to quickly change directions IMO.

Oh good! I've been dying to see that mountain of a man play more!

I still want to see Hester back there. he's seemed to regained his confidence... But, if it's Knox, I have no issue. I'm curious of results...

According to NFL mobil live Kellen Davis WILL play in 2 TE formations. As much as I like DM returning kicks I have no problem with Knox back there. I know that Pix and I have been his biggest fan but when he produces we will sit there and say I told you so. The problem with Knox returning kicks is that he has so much speed he struggles to quickly change directions IMO.

I suggested that Knox return KO in the first game. I want DManning on the field as part of our secondary and I do like how he plays NB for us. What I don't want is him to push things too far and hurt his hamstring again. If that means we have Knox return some KO for a game or two to let Manning get back in shape that's fine by me.

I suggested that Knox return KO in the first game. I want DManning on the field as part of our secondary and I do like how he plays NB for us. What I don't want is him to push things too far and hurt his hamstring again. If that means we have Knox return some KO for a game or two to let Manning get back in shape that's fine by me.

Here's an idea, but maybe its just the homerism in me. Hester is WR/PR only and Knox is WR/KR only. Manning just concentrates on playing great solid defense. We will go as far as our defense will take us I believe. Let Knox return kicks until he proves that he can't do because his average sucks or he starts to fumble the ball. However I bet if Knox returns kicks the rest of the year he will break at least 1 if not 2 or 3. He is very explosive with the ball in his hands and he reminds me ALOT of Hester when he first came in to the league. The difference is that Knox has better hands and has a true position that he has played for a long time unlike Hester, who had no true position.

just because your kool-aid is spiked with 99 Bananas, Danniel Manning does one thing well and thats return kickoffs, so of course well put him back where hes terrible.

He's terrible? Playing hurt and coming up with a pretty good game against the disciples of Jesus, aka the Packers, was impressive. And don't give me the- wow, it was 1 game- excuse, because then you shouldn't be ripping on the whole organization constantly because of a bad week 1 in 2009.

Come now...

Just because someone disagrees with something doesn't immediately mean they are switching loyalties.

It's as bad a knee jerk response as much of what you claim Terra of...

But seriously, he cries about everything. If a 4 turnover game from our new QB in week 1 is seriously the end of our season, then do us a favor, and leave the site with your constant criticism. Plus, you could contribute to stopping blackouts in St Louis, Jacksonville, and Detroit.

He's terrible? Playing hurt and coming up with a pretty good game against the disciples of Jesus, aka the Packers, was impressive. And don't give me the- wow, it was 1 game- excuse, because then you shouldn't be ripping on the whole organization constantly because of a bad week 1 in 2009.

But seriously, he cries about everything. If a 4 turnover game from our new QB in week 1 is seriously the end of our season, then do us a favor, and leave the site with your constant criticism. Plus, you could contribute to stopping blackouts in St Louis, Jacksonville, and Detroit.

I wouldn't go as far to asking people to leave because they believe the sky is falling. I will just sit back and remember these people for when they try to take credit for something that they thought the season was over with.

I wouldn't go as far to asking people to leave because they believe the sky is falling. I will just sit back and remember these people for when they try to take credit for something that they thought the season was over with.

I know, it's just really annoying. He sits there and types away all day about how we're going to get "raped" against Pittsburgh, how bad Cutler and the WR's are, how dumb Lovie Smith, and how much Danieal Manning sucks. Do you like anybody on the team, or better yet, anyone in the organization?

I know, it's just really annoying. He sits there and types away all day about how we're going to get "raped" against Pittsburgh, how bad Cutler and the WR's are, how dumb Lovie Smith, and how much Danieal Manning sucks. Do you like anybody on the team, or better yet, anyone in the organization?

I know its annoying. Its much more annoying going to work with someone who is a Steelers fan and hates everything about Chicago teams. He litteraly walks around calling Holmes, "Mr. MVP"

great news, i was worried they were going stand pat on this loaf. It was unnerving when i heard his after game interview where he said he though he played decent. Brown was saying how he didn't do enough and this lazy ass was grading himself ok after that loss.

great news, i was worried they were going stand pat on this loaf. It was unnerving when i heard his after game interview where he said he though he played decent. Brown was saying how he didn't do enough and this lazy ass was grading himself ok after that loss.

I believe that if he struggles in the 1st half then he will be done and I point to the fact that the coaching staff has already made several changes where in the past they were always unwilling to change and always stuck to the guys that they liked i.e. Rex Grossman.

I didnt read through all the bickering but I also heard Bowman is starting at corner over Vasher.

I don't know if I like that or not. Vasher is so young, and was soo good just a few years ago. I'd like to see them stick by him and see if he can break out of this funk. I'm not saying I don't like Bowman, but Vasher can't really be "That bad" now and unrecoverable.

Edit: just realized this as i posted. It's crazy he's being bumped from starting CB to 4th now, considering they are moving Manning from FS to CB during nickel situations.

I know its annoying. Its much more annoying going to work with someone who is a Steelers fan and hates everything about Chicago teams. He litteraly walks around calling Holmes, "Mr. MVP"

IMHO one should just stand up for their team. I was born and raised in Chicago we now live in Texas, my wife was born and raised in of all places Pittsburg.....you see where I'm going with the 5 rings and one for the thumb stuff!!! So my son and daughters are siding with my wife and the black and yellow. I have co-workers here that are Steeler fans and theysing and dance about who we are going to lose, so I just point out we are playing at home with a great new QB that has just learned how to beat Pittsburg by losing to the Packers. He will eat their DB'S up..they aren't as fast as Hester or Knox and Olsen will have a big day.

Basket was at his best early on as nickel if I recall correctly. I see mo problem with the demotion. It could mean Smith and crew are finally in the mode to place the nest talent on the field instead if those with nude pix of the staff. I like Bowman. And maybe this lights a fire for Vashy.

I don't know if I like that or not. Vasher is so young, and was soo good just a few years ago. I'd like to see them stick by him and see if he can break out of this funk. I'm not saying I don't like Bowman, but Vasher can't really be "That bad" now and unrecoverable.

Edit: just realized this as i posted. It's crazy he's being bumped from starting CB to 4th now, considering they are moving Manning from FS to CB during nickel situations.