Giants props to....

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Kellen Davis and my boy J Knox. Both had monster games and really stepped up with big catches

Giants farts to.....

still wanna kill Dann Manning, he just blows....

What the hells up with Forte and the run blocking?

Anybody think we will have Brooks by tuesday? I really hate seeing the middle so wide open on every 3rd down... I think hed be a great pickup for the

season... Get well soon Urlacher.

Yeah, Knox and Davis were huge. Manning is kind of a mixed bag, but he had more bad plays than good. For the run, I think the other teams are completely taking away the run and are making the Bears beat them with the pass. I think you will see more holes for him in the coming weeks as teams will have to start honoring the pass.

For Brooks, I don't know. That was the first game without Urlacher, so I think it is too early to pass judgement on the LBs, especially with Pisa out. Also, the Defense only allowed 2 TDs, and one was after that missed holding call that freed Mendenhall. He doesn't even get 5 yards without that hold. I like our chances when opponents score less than 20.

Guest TerraTor
Giant props to...Terra for being completely wrong. Congratulations, this is becoming common.

BTW- Benson is becoming a pretty good RB. Time to change your sig/avatar.

Hey F-stick. Keep your whining to yourself.

Hey F-stick. Keep your whining to yourself.

Like I said in the other thread, you shouldn't have taken all of this this far. But since we're on topic, I wouldn't be telling another member to stop whining. If we had TB awards, you'd easily win the "Why Am I a Fan" award (aka: biggest Bears hater/pessimist) and probably "Biggest Crybaby" award (aka: the member who's constantly complaining about the state of the franchise and why our organization makes the decisions that it does).

Guest TerraTor
Like I said in the other thread, you shouldn't have taken all of this this far. But since we're on topic, I wouldn't be telling another member to stop whining. If we had TB awards, you'd easily win the "Why Am I a Fan" award (aka: biggest Bears hater/pessimist) and probably "Biggest Crybaby" award (aka: the member who's constantly complaining about the state of the franchise and why our organization makes the decisions that it does).

I still liked bearstalk.com alot more, sucked it went away... had over 3,000 posts on there

All I will say is while I may not always agree with TT, I don't blame him for being negative. What the hell have the Bears done to warrant optimism? They have done nothing in the last 23 years, outside of 2006; and their coaching staff doesn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy that this year will be any different even with Cutler. So while he may be negative, there is no reason to dog him for it because he has every right to be, just like others have their right to be optimistic and NFO has the right to disagree with cracker on whether the sky is blue or not. :cheers

Hey, if Cracker were ever right, I might agree with him.

And by the way, its blue.

All I will say is while I may not always agree with TT, I don't blame him for being negative. What the hell have the Bears done to warrant optimism? They have done nothing in the last 23 years, outside of 2006; and their coaching staff doesn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy that this year will be any different even with Cutler. So while he may be negative, there is no reason to dog him for it because he has every right to be, just like others have their right to be optimistic and NFO has the right to disagree with cracker on whether the sky is blue or not. :cheers

Yeah another thing we agree on, Where is Isacc and Dawebmaster? Hmm

DaWebmaster's Family, Job, and Personal obligations led him to leave Bearstalk a good year before it finally closed shop do to the actions of the sponsoring host. I hope all is going well for Jeff.

Isaac (ITC3) got upset at some posters who were calling him out for some comments he made on the forum. I know at the time Isaac had some major things occuring in his personal life and was under a lot of stress. He asked to be removed from the forum. I tried to talk him out of it and asked that he give it some time to "cool off". He never returned. I think he left approximately 6 months before the move to TalkBears.

I too miss them both and think of them quite often when posting on the forum here.

DaWebmaster's Family, Job, and Personal obligations led him to leave Bearstalk a good year before it finally closed shop do to the actions of the sponsoring host. I hope all is going well for Jeff.

Isaac (ITC3) got upset at some posters who were calling him out for some comments he made on the forum. I know at the time Isaac had some major things occuring in his personal life and was under a lot of stress. He asked to be removed from the forum. I tried to talk him out of it and asked that he give it some time to "cool off". He never returned. I think he left approximately 6 months before the move to TalkBears.

I too miss them both and think of them quite often when posting on the forum here.

Pix dont get me wrong, I like it here but a whole bunch of posters were left in the cold and now all over the place. I wish they would all come here.

Kellen Davis and my boy J Knox. Both had monster games and really stepped up with big catches

Giants farts to.....

still wanna kill Dann Manning, he just blows....

What the hells up with Forte and the run blocking?

Anybody think we will have Brooks by tuesday? I really hate seeing the middle so wide open on every 3rd down... I think hed be a great pickup for the

season... Get well soon Urlacher.

It amazes me how before the season started so many people wanted Knox to be let go and now all of sudden now that people are starting to see what me and Pix have been saying since draft day he is everyones favorite. lol

I personally never wanted to cut him, or try and stash him on the practice squad, but I am surprised. I knew a bit about him prior to the draft, as the local media (especially leading up to the draft) spent a considerable amount of time talking about local/regional prospects, Knox being among them. I thought Knox was a great talent, but really thought he would need more time to develop. I believe I said he might be for us similar to what Devery Henderson was early on for NO. Low number of catches but for big YPC avg and yards. I saw him getting something like 20-25 catches for 400-450 yards. Something like that.

That is a big part of what has impressed me. While his downfield catch against GB was great, that was not (at least for me) so surprising. What is more surprising for me is some of the routes he has been running underneath. I have seen more separation from him running the slant than many any other WRs on our roster. He is making nice cuts and breaks. The staff has said they limited him thus far to learning the slot, but frankly, I have been a bit surprised by how well and quickly he has learned even that.

It amazes me how before the season started so many people wanted Knox to be let go and now all of sudden now that people are starting to see what me and Pix have been saying since draft day he is everyones favorite. lol

I was on board saying we needed to keep Knox on the roster. I too am surprised at how well he played against Pittsburgh. The way he played against Green Bay was how I expected him to look, a bit wide-eyed. His adjustment on inside routes from game 1 to game 2 is phenomenal especially knowing he went in there against one of the most physical defenses in the NFL. His confidence has to be soaring now.

In game one Earl Bennett had a nice game for us. In game 2 it was Knox and most importantly for me were the key plays Hester made. It doesnt' show up big in the stats but it's those quick 5 yards catches on 3rd down that will make him a complete WR for us. None of these guys are a true #1 but it's starting to look like the combination of the 3 can be a solid threat. I still feel DA can be effective for us too.

I was on board saying we needed to keep Knox on the roster. I too am surprised at how well he played against Pittsburgh. The way he played against Green Bay was how I expected him to look, a bit wide-eyed. His adjustment on inside routes from game 1 to game 2 is phenomenal especially knowing he went in there against one of the most physical defenses in the NFL. His confidence has to be soaring now.

In game one Earl Bennett had a nice game for us. In game 2 it was Knox and most importantly for me were the key plays Hester made. It doesnt' show up big in the stats but it's those quick 5 yards catches on 3rd down that will make him a complete WR for us. None of these guys are a true #1 but it's starting to look like the combination of the 3 can be a solid threat. I still feel DA can be effective for us too.

Actually I will kindly disagree with your assessment that we don't have a true #1. I will agree that we don't have that go to guy right now however in time I believe like Pixote and myself have been saying is that Knox will be that #1 guy. Also I have to give a shout out to JA for believing in the WR corp that we have and not going out and getting a guy. Looks like he was right in his assessment about the group and they are starting to turn heads in the NFL.

I think the point is, we do not currently have a #1 WR. Even if you see Knox as a future #1, it is likely not anytime soon. At no point in time this year would I want to put that on the kid.

A fear of mine is that he plays solid from the slot, and we try to move him into the starting lineup. IMHO, a key reason he is playing so well is because we have not over-loaded him the way we did w/ Bennett last year. He was giving one WR position to study and learn (the slot). He has been able to get to a point where he has studied the routes and assignments to the point he can just play. As well as he may look working out of the slot, if we (this season) try to move him into the starting lineup, I fear we would only force him to take a step back.

Maybe one day he will be a #1. He has all the attributes for it. But we need to not rush the development.

Regarding Angelo and the faith in WRs, I think it goes back to his statement before ever even getting Cutler. Angelo said its all about the QB. He said then the QB makes the WRs. It was this statement that had everyone wondering if he just didn't like Orton and was looking to pull off something big.

Ya gotta say. He stuck to his words.

Actually I will kindly disagree with your assessment that we don't have a true #1. I will agree that we don't have that go to guy right now however in time I believe like Pixote and myself have been saying is that Knox will be that #1 guy. Also I have to give a shout out to JA for believing in the WR corp that we have and not going out and getting a guy. Looks like he was right in his assessment about the group and they are starting to turn heads in the NFL.

I think the point is, we do not currently have a #1 WR. Even if you see Knox as a future #1, it is likely not anytime soon. At no point in time this year would I want to put that on the kid.

A fear of mine is that he plays solid from the slot, and we try to move him into the starting lineup. IMHO, a key reason he is playing so well is because we have not over-loaded him the way we did w/ Bennett last year. He was giving one WR position to study and learn (the slot). He has been able to get to a point where he has studied the routes and assignments to the point he can just play. As well as he may look working out of the slot, if we (this season) try to move him into the starting lineup, I fear we would only force him to take a step back.

Maybe one day he will be a #1. He has all the attributes for it. But we need to not rush the development.

Regarding Angelo and the faith in WRs, I think it goes back to his statement before ever even getting Cutler. Angelo said its all about the QB. He said then the QB makes the WRs. It was this statement that had everyone wondering if he just didn't like Orton and was looking to pull off something big.

Ya gotta say. He stuck to his words.

Your absolutely right, I wouldn't want to rush this kid but he seems to play with a chip on his shoulder because he put up such great numbers in college that most teams overlooked him just because it was a D2 school. If he puts up even near the kind of numbers that he did at a top school he would go either 1st or 2nd round at the latest. The best thing that I love about this kid though is that he just wants to play. His attitude is amazing to go along with all the attributes that make defensive coordinators sweat at night.

Seattle has a lot to think about now. In game one GB used one of their top two CB to cover Olsen meaning they didn't respect our WR. It worked early yet as the game went on Cutler started to find Bennett for some good gains. IIRC Pittsburgh used either a S or LB to cover Olsen and Knox likely saw the 3rd CB or S.

As per the Trib article today against Pittsburgh Hester received safety help over the top all game long. Until he lined up in Bennett's spot Knox likely saw the 3rd CB or safety and made them pay. On top of that Knox made that huge play against GB.

The Bears passing game is clearly getting better but our running game has been poor. Are we about to see a team drop back and focus on defending the pass?

Seattle has a lot to think about now. In game one GB used one of their top two CB to cover Olsen meaning they didn't respect our WR. It worked early yet as the game went on Cutler started to find Bennett for some good gains. IIRC Pittsburgh used either a S or LB to cover Olsen and Knox likely saw the 3rd CB or S.

As per the Trib article today against Pittsburgh Hester received safety help over the top all game long. Until he lined up in Bennett's spot Knox likely saw the 3rd CB or safety and made them pay. On top of that Knox made that huge play against GB.

The Bears passing game is clearly getting better but our running game has been poor. Are we about to see a team drop back and focus on defending the pass?

I think a lot of what we have seen is the result of something we have already talked about. Most of us did not expect our receiving corps to come out firing on all cylinders at the beginning of the season. Others teams figured that as well. The best way for them to hinder progress is to take away what has been known to work. IE: Forte(1) and Olsen(2). That placed the onus on all the new guys. Now that Cutler and the young receivers have caused damage. Defenses won't be able to play the same game for too long.

We also have to remember, our OL is 60% different from last year with a new QB to learn how to block for. From week one to two was a pretty big difference in improvement. I expect this trend will continue as the season rolls on. Then, we will see more of Forte, as well the mid to deep passing game once play action is established. So far, I'm very pleased with the progress.

I think our lack of a run game is due to many different things thus far.

One. IMHO, we have always seemed to struggle against the 3-4 scheme. Frankly, I would add in there stunts and misdirection always seem to give our OL fits. Our OL (and backs) seem to struggle to know who they should block. This is NOT an excuses, but I do think the 3-4 has been a big factor. This week will be a significant test as we finally get a 4-3 scheme.

Two. I think there are two issues w/ our OL. (a) as you mention, they lack chemistry. OL is one of the most important areas to have chemistry, and we have 3 new starters on the OL. (B) frankly, I they may simply not be very good. Pace has looked slow. Williams has struggled as well. Omiyale has been flat out awful. It is a sad statement IMHO when Garza isn't our weak link, as I don't think he is very good.

Three. Forte just does not appear to be the same player as last year. It isn't like our OL was anything special last year, and I think he faced more stacked boxes last year, and yet he still ran w/ far more authority. This year, thus far, he seems more hesitant. He doesn't appear to have the pop he did last year, and frankly, his vision has been questionable as there have been plays where I did see a hole open up but Forte just didn't see it.

I hope our run game comes together, and this week should tell us a lot as Gore destoryed Seattle, but right now, our run game really looks off, and I think there are numerous reasons.

I think a lot of what we have seen is the result of something we have already talked about. Most of us did not expect our receiving corps to come out firing on all cylinders at the beginning of the season. Others teams figured that as well. The best way for them to hinder progress is to take away what has been known to work. IE: Forte(1) and Olsen(2). That placed the onus on all the new guys. Now that Cutler and the young receivers have caused damage. Defenses won't be able to play the same game for too long.

We also have to remember, our OL is 60% different from last year with a new QB to learn how to block for. From week one to two was a pretty big difference in improvement. I expect this trend will continue as the season rolls on. Then, we will see more of Forte, as well the mid to deep passing game once play action is established. So far, I'm very pleased with the progress.

I noticed something different at the next level too. There was a sweep play to the left. He had already picked up a few yards, and had some OL in front of him. He was dang near walking behind the OL, and was then brought down from behind. Couple different ways of looking at this.

- Is he trying to more often let his blockers set up for him? You always hear coaches talk about runners needing to be patient and let their blockers open things up. Problem is, that sort of hesitation can also lead to getting dropped from behind, and frankly, the less momentum you have running, the easier you are to bring down.

If it is the above, is this something the coaches have been trying to get him to do, or is it something he is doing on his own.

- The other side of this is, or could be, having to do w/ our new faces on the OL. Maybe he used OL to set up his blocks last year, but St.Clair and Beekman were quicker to get out and block, and thus we didn't "see" Forte play hesitant. Maybe it isn't nearly as much Forte running different as having two new OL on the left.

Honestly, I don't know what the story or reasons are. All I know is Forte seems to be running very different this year.

I certainly agree on Forte being hesitant. He's ok on the plays where there is a hole but when the play is covered well he just doesn't pick his spot and hit it like he did last year. At least then he'd get a couple yards, this year he gets 0 or 1.