Im sorry but

Guest TerraTor

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to regret this trade also. I'm not 100% behind the deal, lets just say that right now..

Why you want more 1st round busts. This team can't draft in the first round. And please don't give me the if we only had Kyle Orton. We had him and he sucked. We picked up a pro bowl QB and turned him into crap this year. Kyle Orton went from looking like crap to looking better the minute he left here.

Why you want more 1st round busts. This team can't draft in the first round. And please don't give me the if we only had Kyle Orton. We had him and he sucked. We picked up a pro bowl QB and turned him into crap this year. Kyle Orton went from looking like crap to looking better the minute he left here.

Kyle Orton does not suck, and did not suck last year. The Bears thought they could take advantage of the Cutler situation and upgrade their QB position and made the trade. Obviously it has turned into a nightmare and Cutler looks like the farthest thing from a Pro Bowl QB.

Kyle Orton does not suck, and did not suck last year. The Bears thought they could take advantage of the Cutler situation and upgrade their QB position and made the trade. Obviously it has turned into a nightmare and Cutler looks like the farthest thing from a Pro Bowl QB.

Cutler was a pro bowl QB. Its not like that didn't happen. The only thing that happened is he came here to this mistake of a team.

im not going to debate Orton's suckness in Chicago, but i will ask you "has Orton not looked 10 times better for Denver"??????????

Why do you think he looks better?????

It's so freaking simple it makes me want to puke!

Absolutely. Give him some sort of coaching and help. This was the first game all season where he was inaccurate and even than he was getting knocked on his ass again all game.

I'm so freakin sick of all the whining crybabies. The way Chicago Bears fans have treated their last QB's, they should all be ashamed. And I mean it. No one deserves the heat Grossman/Cutler have gotten. Its really freakin pathetic and embarassing.

Technically we could trade high picks for more low picks, or just not pick (was it minny that did that once) and let our pick fall until it was where we liked. But you're not supposed to win when you give up that many points, and we had poor running for a large portion of the game and penatlties or important missed calls. My point is that I think Cutler played well enough to win, though not well enough to justify his cost to us. I pointed out in preseason that Cutler's deep pass success was only marginally better than Orton's (and that was when he was on Denver). You shouldn't have expected miracles there. Having said that, Olson was not sprinting on that Cutler deep ball that grazed his finger tips. I'm not even sure he fully extended his arms. He was also the least open of the 3 missed deep passes, justifying Cutler throwing it at a safe distance. That makes that missed TD Olson's fault IMO. He makes that catch and we're not having this discussion because Cutler finishes with 2 TDs and no picks and we win.

On a side note, what was the deal with Afalava on that deep pass coming right up on the WR, slowing up and extending his hand out as if he's bracing for a potential jump ball only to have it sail way over his head for a TD? Just a misjudged depth? That was ridiculous. Did some bookie pay him to 'take a dive'?

Absolutely. Give him some sort of coaching and help. This was the first game all season where he was inaccurate and even than he was getting knocked on his ass again all game.

I'm so freakin sick of all the whining crybabies. The way Chicago Bears fans have treated their last QB's, they should all be ashamed. And I mean it. No one deserves the heat Grossman/Cutler have gotten. Its really freakin pathetic and embarassing.

Agreed. The clown car of coaches at Soldier Field needs to go. Pep"Zippy' Hamilton is not helping Cutler in the least. Ron Turner and his bubble screens are a joke. The defense has regressed under Lovie. I'm all on board for a change now.

Peace :dabears

Our coaching is so bad that, at one point, Collinsworth made a comment basically saying we were better off w/ Cutler calling the plays. This is not to excuse Cutler from missing the WRs, but Collinsworth pointed out that on several of those plays where the WRs were wide open, they came on plays where Cutler made the playcall from the huddle, rather than from the sideline.

Fire friggin everyone

Our coaching is so bad that, at one point, Collinsworth made a comment basically saying we were better off w/ Cutler calling the plays. This is not to excuse Cutler from missing the WRs, but Collinsworth pointed out that on several of those plays where the WRs were wide open, they came on plays where Cutler made the playcall from the huddle, rather than from the sideline.

i think one of the things coll was talking about was that previously they showed the sidelines and cutler has the chalkboard writing up plays and talking to offensive players around him. the next series i believe he marched down the field and our offense looked reasonably sharp. during cutler writing this up, one of our coaches is halfway paying attention to what cutler is writing and watching the field with no input.

later in a series it showed a coach (hamilton?) doing what cutler was doing on the sideline. that series we bombed. makes ya wonder don't it?

i want to again comment on our beloved coaches clock management... just prior to the 2 min warning in the 4th qtr, the eagles got a very generous spot that gave them a first down. this in essence burns up a lot of clock left. lovie at that period decides to call a freaking timeout which i believe was our last and NOT throw a red flag to challenge the spot.

it made absolutely NO sense to me at all. lovie should have challenged the spot especially in this instance as he had basically NOTHING to lose doing so since he used the timeout anyway. in fact IF we didn't have any more timeouts we couldn't even USE a flag if we wanted to OR couldn't use one within the last 2 min of the game anyway.

these are the small/large things that lovie just doesn't seem to get. it's like his head is not in the game in a general sense and this can and has cost us big time. it's not like a first, this has happened before.

Agreed.

This mess needs to be blown up, and the sooner the better. Too bad, it won't.

Prep for another 2 years. We'll get a new OC, flounder around, and then possibly Smith goes. Or we smoke n mirror it to 9-7 and Smith goes one more year. So Cutler will have at minimum 3 OC's in a 3 or 4 year period. Nothing like consistency...

Fire friggin everyone

I'm truly torn... Right now, it looks like we were fleeced. But, given a good staff around him, I think he can be salvaged. The problem, is that a good staff will not be put around him. So in that regard, we would probably be better served by JA wasting 1st round picks...

How many people would do the Cutler trade over again? Show of hands?

Agreed.

This mess needs to be blown up, and the sooner the better. Too bad, it won't.

Prep for another 2 years. We'll get a new OC, flounder around, and then possibly Smith goes. Or we smoke n mirror it to 9-7 and Smith goes one more year. So Cutler will have at minimum 3 OC's in a 3 or 4 year period. Nothing like consistency...

here is something to think about...

right now there are an unprecedented amount of very good previous head coaches on the sidelines. bill couher, mike shannahan, and mike holmgren.

besides FIRING lovie and staff would anyone like to see angie FIRED, ted phillips (a freaking BEAN COUNTER in charge of football operations) FIRED, and someone like holmgren come in as either our GM or team president of football operations? then hire a shannahan or couher as our head coach? instead...

we owe lovie about $10 mil. whether this organization believes lovie is worth salvage or not, if they drag their collective feet they can save his salary AND not have to worry about paying REAL headcoaches top money to come here. by the time lovie is launched they are off the board (hired by other franchises like the freaking buffalo bills) and we do the same thing in the same way as we have done for decades.

we hire some nobody and train *him for 2 years to see if he has it or not at some minimal salary like we ALWAYS do. if he even makes it to the playoffs we are so shocked by average success that we up his contract extention and we are stuck for at least 4-6 freaking years to eat up his salary even if he sucks or at best is average. THEN we fire this coach and angelo.

it's dejavu all over again.

*if anyone thinks hiring toub is the answer to ANYTHING as our head coach they are sadly mistaken. although it's a perfect move for the mccaskey's it is the same thing we always do.

I think everyone that could be fired should be. That means Teddy on down. If we could fire the owners, I would.

JA should be fired. Ted is probably a great finance guy, but should not be president. We need real football minds... Not accountants.

Your dismall assessment I fear is spot on.

I'd settle for JA firing Smith...it would at least be a start. But JA is equally responsible, if not moreso for this hot mess.

here is something to think about...

right now there are an unprecedented amount of very good previous head coaches on the sidelines. bill couher, mike shannahan, and mike holmgren.

besides FIRING lovie and staff would anyone like to see angie FIRED, ted phillips (a freaking BEAN COUNTER in charge of football operations) FIRED, and someone like holmgren come in as either our GM or team president of football operations? then hire a shannahan or couher as our head coach? instead...

we owe lovie about $10 mil. whether this organization believes lovie is worth salvage or not, if they drag their collective feet they can save his salary AND not have to worry about paying REAL headcoaches top money to come here. by the time lovie is launched they are off the board (hired by other franchises like the freaking buffalo bills) and we do the same thing in the same way as we have done for decades.

we hire some nobody and train *him for 2 years to see if he has it or not at some minimal salary like we ALWAYS do. if he even makes it to the playoffs we are so shocked by average success that we up his contract extention and we are stuck for at least 4-6 freaking years to eat up his salary even if he sucks or at best is average. THEN we fire this coach and angelo.

it's dejavu all over again.

*if anyone thinks hiring toub is the answer to ANYTHING as our head coach they are sadly mistaken. although it's a perfect move for the mccaskey's it is the same thing we always do.