Noots' Notes--Preseason Game 3 Post Game Rant

Noots

The part that concerns me the most is Cutler. I have yet to him look instinctive. Martz's offense is dependent on the QB's ability to anticipate. From what I've seen in my years as a football fan is, a QB either has that ability of not. So far far all I see from Cutler is gunning to an open reciever on talent alone and not leading or anticipating. Martz and Cutler may be a marriage made in hell. This is the stuff 5-11 seasons are made of.

I hate to bring it up again, well actually no i don't, but next season is shaping up nicely for Bill Cowher. After Lovie fails again, not only will he be gone but so will Angelo. Cowher is a guy who wants total control over his team and if Angelo is gone that means Cowher could come in as a coach and GM just how he wants it. Hopefully we get new ownership too and not some old fogies that we got running it now. I want some youth! and I want some passion. Who was it I saw the other day that said the Bears are the most neglected brand in the NFL. I think it was Forbes.

This lack of support and hope that all goes bad is really really disappointing. You can't weigh a whole lot on preseason results. What last year was it the Lions were undefeated in the preseason but got nowhere close to the Super Bowl. I for one am hoping the season goes a lot better than most of you are hoping and Lovie is behind the wheel. Give up this sniveling abot how much you want Cowher. He ain't coming. GO BEARS!!!!

This lack of support and hope that all goes bad is really really disappointing. You can't weigh a whole lot on preseason results. What last year was it the Lions were undefeated in the preseason but got nowhere close to the Super Bowl. I for one am hoping the season goes a lot better than most of you are hoping and Lovie is behind the wheel. Give up this sniveling abot how much you want Cowher. He ain't coming. GO BEARS!!!!

Preseason or not, we are seeing the exact same issues we saw last season when the games counted:

1) OL is bad. No getting around it, our OL is just plain bad and has been for 2 or 3 years

2) DB's take bad angles constantly, if I have to watch Chris Harris blow another coverage (I think we are up to 2 or 3 touchdowns thanks to his cover skills) I may puke

3) 3rd and long coversions...How many times do we play excellent on 1st and 2nd only to blow chunks on 3rd down? How many 3rd and 14's do we have to give up before realizing the Lovie Cover No One scheme does not work anymore?

4) Missed tackles, how many missed tackles due to going for a hit or strip do we have to stomach?

This is not hoping the Bears do poorly, this is simply pointing out that no amount of kool-aid is going to band-aid the hole in the sinking ship that is the Bears season. It is going to take a lot more coaching and innovation than we have EVER seen from this staff to cover the holes in our roster. I simply have little hope, but that doesn't mean I won't be in front of the TV every game with my Jersey on. It just means I expect to throw that jersey down in disgust after the games...

OMG! You're comparing us to the Lions...we are doomed! Agreed. Cowher ain't coming. We will be stuck with the current group of coaches for longer due to players getting used to the system and injuries yet again. It's wrong, but that's what it will be. The sky isn't falling, I'm already stepping in it... Even Robbie Gould was f'ing up...

But, yes it is only pre-season. However, game 3 is supposed to be the best barometer of what to expect. I saw a D get picked apart continually by less than stellar offensive players and I saw a D that looked completely out of sync. I, am worried. We look like a club that isn't dangerous to anyone but ourselves.

The only real positive vibe I got was seeing Peppers blow up a couple of plays. I think that will end of being what I focus on most for the season.

brletich,

I couldn't agree more. Well said.

Preseason or not, we are seeing the exact same issues we saw last season when the games counted:

1) OL is bad. No getting around it, our OL is just plain bad and has been for 2 or 3 years

2) DB's take bad angles constantly, if I have to watch Chris Harris blow another coverage (I think we are up to 2 or 3 touchdowns thanks to his cover skills) I may puke

3) 3rd and long coversions...How many times do we play excellent on 1st and 2nd only to blow chunks on 3rd down? How many 3rd and 14's do we have to give up before realizing the Lovie Cover No One scheme does not work anymore?

4) Missed tackles, how many missed tackles due to going for a hit or strip do we have to stomach?

This is not hoping the Bears do poorly, this is simply pointing out that no amount of kool-aid is going to band-aid the hole in the sinking ship that is the Bears season. It is going to take a lot more coaching and innovation than we have EVER seen from this staff to cover the holes in our roster. I simply have little hope, but that doesn't mean I won't be in front of the TV every game with my Jersey on. It just means I expect to throw that jersey down in disgust after the games...