3-0

Ed Hochuli 3:16

From my vie. at the game-

1. The defensive scheme is still frustrating but with a healthy Urlacher, rejuvenated Briggs and Peppers, it seems to working perfectly.

2. Speaking of Peppers, I've seen a lot of stuff saying he was great tonight. Besides the blocked FG and semi-forced false starts, I didn't see it. Someone help..

3. Cutler didn't have his best game, but in the past, he's needed his A game to win. This shows he's truly maturing as a QB and I hope Martz sticks around for 2-3 years here because these 2 really are gelling well.

4. Hester was electric tonight. When the PA played his Soulja Boy song, he really felt it and then got a TD the next time. BTW- keep Manning on KR and Hester at PR.

5. I'm sick of Lovie going for it on 4th and 1 from the 1. I know it was an easy catch for Clark but take the 3 and the tie.

6. Green Bay is a very dumb team coached by a guy I used to like but he even had some stupid calls today like some play selection as well as that challenge where Urlacher had the FF. Rodgers is a beast. I love this guy.

7. If the season ended now...Cutler for MVP?

7. Beat NY.

As for Peppers, he was held on almost every play, It was totaly sick how many times he was held. But his persistence payed off by making Rogers move. Early they negated Peppers by the quick pass and wr screen. But overall Peppers was an effect. He was worth evey penny.

I think Gruden said that a holding penalty is equal to a sack. Now, if wwe coud just get some pressure from the rest of the line.

I think Gruden said that a holding penalty is equal to a sack. Now, if wwe coud just get some pressure from the rest of the line.

The only difference with a holding penalty is you don't get the precious loss of down or precious chance for a fumble/INT like you do if the QB is hit.

If Peppers is the only one getting pressure...yeah it's an annoyance...but it's something you can live with as long as the other guys are stuffing the run.

1. The defensive scheme is still frustrating but with a healthy Urlacher, rejuvenated Briggs and Peppers, it seems to working perfectly.

2. Speaking of Peppers, I've seen a lot of stuff saying he was great tonight. Besides the blocked FG and semi-forced false starts, I didn't see it. Someone help..

3. Cutler didn't have his best game, but in the past, he's needed his A game to win. This shows he's truly maturing as a QB and I hope Martz sticks around for 2-3 years here because these 2 really are gelling well.

4. Hester was electric tonight. When the PA played his Soulja Boy song, he really felt it and then got a TD the next time. BTW- keep Manning on KR and Hester at PR.

5. I'm sick of Lovie going for it on 4th and 1 from the 1. I know it was an easy catch for Clark but take the 3 and the tie.

6. Green Bay is a very dumb team coached by a guy I used to like but he even had some stupid calls today like some play selection as well as that challenge where Urlacher had the FF. Rodgers is a beast. I love this guy.

7. Beat NY.

1. I agree with the frustration, but I'd hardly call letting the Packers march up and down the field "working perfectly."

2. I think it's somewhere in between. He wasn't great, but he was easily better than any other DLineman.

3. He had a few boneheaded throws, but overall a good game. I agree with the Cutler+Martz thoughts.

4. Agreed. Soulja Boy needs to be played before every Bears punt return if it gets Hester hyped.

5. I'm also sick of it. The OL can't run block at all. And it wasn't an easy catch for Clark. It was behind him and low. Bad pass by Cutler.

6. Agreed on everything except the Rodgers love. Beast? Yes. Love him? Hell no.

7. Interesting...

8. You had 7 twice. :blink: :dabears

1. I agree with the frustration, but I'd hardly call letting the Packers march up and down the field "working perfectly."

I'll bet that was literally it working perfectly. The Bears wanted the Packers to be unable to run the ball...the Pack couldn't. They wanted to break down their O-line...they did, to the point that the Packers chose to hold to keep guys off of Rogers. The Bears were willing to give up the short completion to move the chains as long as they didn't give up the deep ball, and the Bears knew that if they made the Packers pass enough times, they were going to generate a TO or two because their guys are good at aiming for that.

From my view:

1. That game was produced and televised as though the packers won the game. pre-game and post game was all about the packers. The commentators couldn't help themselves. The material they had prepared was for the packers.

2. Commentators saying that Cutler should have been picked off 5 times. I can maybe buy that if the pass interferences on at least two of those "should have's" not been so obvious. He also "should have" had at least one more touchdown with the clark drop in the end zone.

3. I re-watched the game and saw at least five more passing plays (quit counting after five) in which peppers was held.

4. Part of a win is to be disciplined. Packers were not. How can you be considered to be such a great team if in the fourth quarter you commit let a team strip you or have obvious pass interference calls or silly personal fouls. Those are the results of a team that isn't mentally ready to play.

Bottom line is that I am almost glad that we are still under appreciated. I hope new york feels the same.

From my view:

1. That game was produced and televised as though the packers won the game. pre-game and post game was all about the packers. The commentators couldn't help themselves. The material they had prepared was for the packers.

2. Commentators saying that Cutler should have been picked off 5 times. I can maybe buy that if the pass interferences on at least two of those "should have's" not been so obvious. He also "should have" had at least one more touchdown with the clark drop in the end zone.

3. I re-watched the game and saw at least five more passing plays (quit counting after five) in which peppers was held.

4. Part of a win is to be disciplined. Packers were not. How can you be considered to be such a great team if in the fourth quarter you commit let a team strip you or have obvious pass interference calls or silly personal fouls. Those are the results of a team that isn't mentally ready to play.

Bottom line is that I am almost glad that we are still under appreciated. I hope new york feels the same.

This game against the Giants we may be the favorites but mainly because Giants are a team in flux making silly mistakes as well.

I don't know why but this was the first time I had ever heard of the 1-5-5 defense aka the "Pyscho defense". And it got me to thinking, it's a really cool defense because it has so many disguises. Why don't the Bears try to use it a few times a game? We don't really have much of a pass rush again this year and when we do, Peppers is really the only one who brings it. Why not use Peppers as the one down lineman in the 1-5-5 setup with 3 or 4 LB's and 1 nickel back to go along with our other defensive backs? Our LB's are good enough in coverage to run it and we could bring some serious pressure as well. I just think it's such an interesting defense and I was thinking of how boring our scheme is, why not spice it up a little bit? Too bad we don't have another Martz on defense to do it because I don't trust Mareneli or Lovie to come up with anything.

7. Beat NY.

Peppers was a complete animal in the 2nd half. There was a reason GB was getting called for all those holdings and false starts and it was Julius Peppers. Guy was a monster. If you couldn't see it, than I don't know what to say.

Peppers was a complete animal in the 2nd half. There was a reason GB was getting called for all those holdings and false starts and it was Julius Peppers. Guy was a monster. If you couldn't see it, than I don't know what to say.

Besides the fact the guy is an animal I saw something from him that we haven't seen in a while from a dlineman. Its could a motor that just doesn't stop. Even when Rodgers rushed passed him and he was getting held he still did everything he could to get to the ball.

The Giants look F***ing awful.

They've also played 2 pretty good teams (Indy and Tenn). Giants are a team in desperate need of a win and it will be a primetime game on Sunday night. They will be ready to play and I certainly hope the Bears will be ready. Gonna be a tough one, especially with the Giants pass rush and Fewell's agressive defensive scheme (which might not have worked thus far, but the Giants are better than that, imo).

They've also played 2 pretty good teams (Indy and Tenn). Giants are a team in desperate need of a win and it will be a primetime game on Sunday night. They will be ready to play and I certainly hope the Bears will be ready. Gonna be a tough one, especially with the Giants pass rush and Fewell's agressive defensive scheme (which might not have worked thus far, but the Giants are better than that, imo).

1 thing that I am not worried about and that is Peppers. They mentioned it last night before the game that the bigger the game the better he gets. Obviously after the game they were right. We have quite a few primetime games this year so here is hoping that Peppers continues. I think despite the not so good game by Cutler he can take confidence away from it though because he wasn't as bad as he was last year in those same games. I think we are all completely shocked we have started off 3-0 and someof us probably really starting to drink the kool aid especially now that it seems Hester is back. Hopefully for the home games the play that soulja boy song before every punt because that got Hester pumped.

So true! So sickening! f the Packers and their sycophants!

From my view:

I wasn't doubting him. Calm down. I said I couldn't see "greatness" from him being there live.

One thing Peppers is not getting enough credit for is his run defense. During the speed of the game it's just not obvious how much he destroys blocking schemes. He is often in on tackles you don't think it's him.

One example from last night: Packers called a run up the middle and had it blocked perfectly. Peppers came up the right side as is his first assignment, saw the run up the middle, shed his block and ran behind the DTs to make the tackle holding the play to just a 4yd gain. I doubt the RB even knew anyone was there and if he hadn't been there they have gained another 10yds.

I have watched the majority of the Detroit and Dallas game in slo-mo replay and he made this kind of play often. Sometimes teams have run to the right side (left on defense) and Peppers came all the way from the RE to make a tackle. IMO the improvement in run defense is in part having Url back but Peppers is a huge part of it.

Peppers is also not getting enough credit for his ability to rush off either edge. It means teams can't scheme their protection as easily as say what is done for Jared Allen. It also means you can't scheme your running plays to go away from him because you don't know which side he'll line up on.

If there is one problem we have it's that we've left him out on the field for too many snaps and that is taking away some of his effectiveness. There was an article about that before the Packers game and it sounded as if the coaches recognized they need to reduce his play count but I don't know what he was on the field for last night.

So far whenever I've slowed down the plays Peppers has stood out as a man among boys and so far he's worth every $$$ we're paying him. Having said that, you have to realize he can't make every play. It's hard to hit a QB on a 3 step drop, or make a tackle when the play goes the other way, for example, but it is clear to me he's the one player on our defense that the offense must scheme for.

From what I saw of the Giants Oline against the Colts, Eli better bring his track shoes next week. I'm not comparing our rush to the Colts with Freeney and Mathis, but the Giants had far more miscues on blocks with the speed players than anything I've seen from the Bears this season. I don't think the Titans can rush as well as we can so last week isn't much of an indicator. We should get opportunities for sacks.