Moss waived

ChileBear

Sign that fucker NOW!!!! Of course he's gotta get to us in the waiver list but if he does we could desperately use Moss. We need a #1 guy and we all know Cutler likes to throw it up there. How bout Moss and Aromashodu going up for Cutler's bombs?!

No. 1, I don't see him getting awarded to us on waivers. There are too many teams with worse reords that are going to want to give him a try.

No. 2, another WR that quits on routes? No, I really think we will need to move on with the lot we got.

No. 1, I don't see him getting awarded to us on waivers. There are too many teams with worse reords that are going to want to give him a try.

No. 2, another WR that quits on routes? No, I really think we will need to move on with the lot we got.

Yeah I don't think he'll get to us either, I think Dallas or St Louis will try to get him.. And Moss would make Martz throw 60 passes instead of 40 which isn't a good thing.. I still would like to have him on the team for the sake of having a #1 receiver and he could also be on a 9 game trial run with us because he's a FA after the year so if he plays well for us he might resign with the Bears, if he doesn't then he won't and we won't be affected.

Guest TerraTor
I'd take him. I want to see what a so called elite Wideout can do in our offense. Plus, we already know Hester is being used less and DA has been ignored so it would be nice to have one big target for Cutler to go to.

Unless he can block a DE who cares

There is a great deal of risk in regards to the distraction provided by events such as the press conference that he held after the last game, which I am sure is the reason he was let go. Can you say "out of control."? No way RM gain outweighs the potential loss...bye bye Randy, you should have learned long ago that you are not bigger than the game.

Anyone who has said, "OMG! We need a #1 WR!" - Here is your chance to speak up. The Bears probably won't get him, but you can't be against the Bears signing him and NOT be a hypocrite. Moss is a #1, perhaps one of the best WRs of all time.

Of course, the realistic side to this is that the Bears really don't need a WR. They need an OL. If the OL gets better, then Cutler and the WRs suddenly start looking like superstars.

I've been clamoring for both...and I say nab Randy if it's possible. And if it all goes down in flames, I eagerly await the new staff.

Anyone who has said, "OMG! We need a #1 WR!" - Here is your chance to speak up. The Bears probably won't get him, but you can't be against the Bears signing him and NOT be a hypocrite. Moss is a #1, perhaps one of the best WRs of all time.

Of course, the realistic side to this is that the Bears really don't need a WR. They need an OL. If the OL gets better, then Cutler and the WRs suddenly start looking like superstars.

OK I'll bite. I am one that once said that Chicago needed a #1 WR but that was before I realized how badly they need someone on the OL more. Does that make me a hypocrite? Hardly. Not even contradictory like your post is.

Moss is bad news and for what in skills he may still have he loses in leadership. Me thinks Minn saw that too late or why else would they be willing to piss away a third round pick for a player they used for only three weeks? And not only that but risk a Det, GB or even Chicago signing him?

So I say no thanks and am glad to see Minn falling apart. At this rate the only real competition in the division is going to be Detroit.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TOMORROW!!!!

OK I'll bite. I am one that once said that Chicago needed a #1 WR but that was before I realized how badly they need someone on the OL more. Does that make me a hypocrite? Hardly. Not even contradictory like your post is.

Moss is bad news and for what in skills he may still have he loses in leadership. Me thinks Minn saw that too late or why else would they be willing to piss away a third round pick for a player they used for only three weeks? And not only that but risk a Det, GB or even Chicago signing him?

So I say no thanks and am glad to see Minn falling apart. At this rate the only real competition in the division is going to be Detroit.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TOMORROW!!!!

Yes Moss is bad news, but we still need a receiver. Yes we need O-Line but we NEED a receiver. I'm not saying we're gonna get the second coming if we sign Moss, but what do you think NE expected when they got him from Oakland after lackluster years? I say it can't hurt because he'll still draw double coverage and that will open up our other receivers. That might open up the running game as well because the pass threat would make teams put in an extra DB...now if only Martz would call a run and do 3-5 step drops on pass plays.

Yes Moss is bad news, but we still need a receiver. Yes we need O-Line but we NEED a receiver. I'm not saying we're gonna get the second coming if we sign Moss, but what do you think NE expected when they got him from Oakland after lackluster years? I say it can't hurt because he'll still draw double coverage and that will open up our other receivers. That might open up the running game as well because the pass threat would make teams put in an extra DB...now if only Martz would call a run and do 3-5 step drops on pass plays.

Like it or not...the phrase "yes we need O-line BUT..." immediately makes me disagree with your post.

Yeah, I'm with you guys: unless Moss can put on 150 pounds and play tackle, no thanks. Cutler needs a go-to receiver, but Moss isn't the right one. He's pretty much exclusively a deep-ball guy at this stage in his career, and the Bears can't pass-protect long enough for Cutler to air it out, so what's the use?

On the other hand, I'm starting to wish they'd made a play for Vincent Jackson, if the price was right. This season, I think Cutler's showing how he needed Brandon Marshall around to bail him out sometimes. A big receiver who fights for the ball should be high on the shopping list in the next draft, right after some o-line help.

Here's a thought - does anybody else think there's a chance Moss ends up in Detroit? Scott Linehan's his old coordinator and Nate Burleson's his old teammate. On top of that, they're pretty high up in the waiver order and Burleson has been just adequate as a #2 option when he's not hurt. Moss and Calvin Johnson on the same offense would be a nightmare for other teams' secondaries. Here's hoping he goes to St. Louis or somewhere.

Like it or not...the phrase "yes we need O-line BUT..." immediately makes me disagree with your post.

Ok call common sense that Moss can't fill 2 needs on our offense, but in reading all the posts and watching the games, we NEED a WR and O-Line. If I'm not mistaken Moss is still a good WR and better than anything Angelo has put together. Yes we need a Line and if there was a viable solution, I would like to think the front office would make a move, just as I would think they would make a play to better our WR core with adding Moss.

Logic! Thank you for that post...

Our WR's suck. Our OL sucks more. Do you not get a cheap WR just becasue your O Line sucks more?

At least doing something about one issue is better than doing nothing about 2 issues...

Ok call common sense that Moss can't fill 2 needs on our offense, but in reading all the posts and watching the games, we NEED a WR and O-Line. If I'm not mistaken Moss is still a good WR and better than anything Angelo has put together. Yes we need a Line and if there was a viable solution, I would like to think the front office would make a move, just as I would think they would make a play to better our WR core with adding Moss.

Logic! Thank you for that post...

Our WR's suck. Our OL sucks more. Do you not get a cheap WR just becasue your O Line sucks more?

At least doing something about one issue is better than doing nothing about 2 issues...

[/quote

Again, I would love to get a top-quality WR, but not with the baggage, including work-ethic and distractions, that RM brings.

1. I hope your capitalization was not meant to imply that the Bears NEED a WR more than they need OL help. Because that would be retarded.

2. "I say it can't hurt..." - I disagree. It could potentially hurt the growth of the Bears' young WRs by keeping them on the bench and/or learning from a guy who has a bad attitude.