Top 5 football things you hate

jason

Since it's packer week, I got to thinking about the things in football I hate the most. Mine, in order, are the following:

1) The packers

2) Brett Farv

3) Ridiculous seat prices and PSLs that continue to rise

4) Locked Thanksgiving home games for Dallas and Detroit

5) John Madden

What are yours?

1 Green Bay packers

2 Brett Favre

3 ridiculous NFL celebration penalties

4 Ridiculous overseas shipping prices for NFL shop

5 all the ads

honourable mention to Vick & Tebow as ya just know they will be favres replacement for the commentator suck up

Great thread!

1a) Packers

1b) Favre

2) Vikings

3a) PI penalty at spot of the ball, should be 15 yrds max

3b) wussifying rules that render the D not as potent

4) 16 game season, should be 14, each game meant more...and please no 18 game season!

5) Too many franchises, expansion diluted talent..at least no more please

No arguement w/your list, except Madden. I love his video game and loved him before the Britfar fulffery. Now that he's removed, of which I'm glad, I do find I miss the lug every now and then especially when Joe Buck is on.

Since it's packer week, I got to thinking about the things in football I hate the most. Mine, in order, are the following:

1) The packers

2) Brett Farv

3) Ridiculous seat prices and PSLs that continue to rise

4) Locked Thanksgiving home games for Dallas and Detroit

5) John Madden

What are yours?

1. Puckers

2. Bret F*&^%

3. Cheese Heads

4. Peter King a$$ kissing anyone who plays against the Bears

5. No online radio or TV for international fans

I have watched every bears game this year. When not on national tv I watch it on www.atdhe.net. I can see all the games no matter the team. I also watch my bulls games that way.

I have watched every bears game this year. When not on national tv I watch it on www.atdhe.net. I can see all the games no matter the team. I also watch my bulls games that way.

I'll try it, though many sites aren't available outsidde the U.S.

Not necessarily in order:

1) Any team who beats or ANYone who knocks the Bears

2) The fact that the Bears have not won ALL the Superbowls

3) The "Lombardi" trophy? Really??? (should be the Halas trophy)

4) LeBron James didn't sign with the Bears instead of the loser Heat

5) Brett Favre and all "Fudge"packers not named Aaron Rodgers

Very honorable mention: The fact that Sweetness wasn't immortal. RIP Walter.

1. Packers

2. Instant Replay (explained more below)

3. Burt Favor (or whatever her name is)

4. Obvious Bear-hate from all national sports commentators

5. Vikings Fans

On Replay... Why can't a coach throw his challenge flag in the last two minutes? It could be the most critical call of the damn game and the booth could be slow to act! Further, the challenge process depends so much on TV coverage that the away teams aren't usually getting the same opportunities to see a play and potentially challenge as the home team. Lastly, I certainly don't want more challenges but if the refs are so poor you need to challenge a 4th time and you've been right all the other times, why not?

1) We just need to make plays

2) They need to make plays

3) Somebody has to make a play

4) All we want to do is come out and make plays

5) That's what this league is all about...making plays

I often want to scream out "PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!"

In no order:

1. Cornerbacks who are right on a guy and let him catch it anyway. You're right there...rip his arm off if you have to! Especially with the new rules requiring maintaining possesion, there's just no excuse.

2. The ubiquitous holding/clipping call on a return that had nothing to do with the play.

3. Giving QBs too much credit for losing/winning. Teams win games.

4. Fans whining. [yes, I get the irony here]

5. NFL selling out any opportunity to watch Bears football every week on the TV unless you switch providers to DirecTV. If they don't want my money or fandom enough to give me a reasonable way to purchase their product, then fine, I won't. By other means I still watch almost every week.

1A. Packers, Vikings

1B. The rest of the teams not named Bears

1C. The Vikinigs Stupid First Down Horn.

2. Eastern Seaboard Programming Network deepthroating the NFC and AFC Easts

3A. TD, Extra-Point, Commercial, Kickoff, Commercial...Delay of Game or Time-Out...You have at least 4 minutes to pick a play!!!

3B. Stop the Advertising feces all over the stadium. I will by a Coke at the stadium because it's all you have, but I will not buy one at the 7-11 because I remember the ad I saw 5 hours ago. I will buy it because I'm f*ckin' thirsty.

4. TOTALLY AGREE ON THE INTERNATIONAL BROADCAST...I bought the package because I got tired of all of us voting and still getting the Saints.

4B. Ballot Stuffing Saints Fans.

5. Two weeks between Conference Championships and the Super Bowl. One week is fine...play the damn game!!!

1. The Freakin Cheese Heads & Everyone associated with them

2. Minnesota ViQueens

3. The overly biased so called experts and commentators

4. The stupidity of the NFL for their exclusiveness with DirecTV

5. How old the officials are that are still refs in this league

6. That the Super Bowl Trophy is not names for Papa Bear

7. That the McCaskey family is still in charge of this beloved Franchise

8. Jerry Angelo

I am sure there are a few more however, my brain is starting to hurt from attempting to come up with more than this at this point. I may add more later.

1. Favre

2. The Pro Bowl

3. Icing kickers

4. Illegal Contact foul being an automatic first down

5. Cold weather Super Bowls

Oooh...Icing kickers. Good one. I hate that last second time out garbage.

But why are you against cold weather Super Bowls? Wouldn't a Super Bowl in Soldier Field be awesome?

1. Packers

2. Vikings - and their stupid annoying horn

3. Cowboys - they are not americas team, so enough w/ every prime time game

4. ESPN-they hate CHI. Draft coverage they go to commercial, hi-lites they show farve, sanchez, anything but a good play by CHI

5. Jerry Angelo's draft strategy-So many blown drafts, no offensive linemen.

1. ownership:

a) mike mccaskey - for running this franchise into the ground for decades with the help of his family

B) ted phillips - for doing nothing to help this franchise win. knows absolutely nothing about running football operations. is only a punching bag buffer and money man between mikey (who was/is running this franchise) and the fans and media.

c) jerry angelo - whose poor drafts over 8 years have decimated the quality of players not only currently on this roster but our future players as well. it could well take 3 years of good drafts to recover from once all the aging players on this roster either retire or are too old to play at a high level. his only redeeming factor has been a few good free agent acquisitions.

2. expansion teams - the nfl for the sake of money has diluted the quality of play by adding about 9 expansion teams over the last 35-40 years. this means that there are a total of 477 less players to go around and has taken away from a limited amount of quality college draftable players, about 56 players per draft, in a league that suffered from a lack of quality quarterbacks and key players to start out with. adding more is virtual suicide.

3. regular season games played abroad - again for the sake of the dollar regular season games are played elsewhere giving one team, it's fans and their cities financial structure, a disadvantage.

4. rupert murdock, nfl channel and espn - for making a portion of games watchable on a pay-per-view basis and changing the rules of the game to sell more media and commercial time. if you don't have satellite you don't watch games on the nfl channel. if you don't have cable or satellite subscription you can not watch monday night football. to pay for the high price of sunday ticket and the networks overpaying for game broadcasts they have changed the rules of the game to fit in more commercials and to appease the mentally deficient who need basketball scores to keep an interest in the game.

5. any consideration of an 18 game season - look at the injuries at this time of year even with a 16 game season. the superbowl could virtually field 3rd and 4th string talent even in the diluted nfl of today.

Oooh...Icing kickers. Good one. I hate that last second time out garbage.

But why are you against cold weather Super Bowls? Wouldn't a Super Bowl in Soldier Field be awesome?

The NFL cancelled Eagles/Vikings because of 5 inches of snow. What do they expect in February in NYC? If there's heavy snow, do they postpone it again?

But yes, one at Soldier Field would be awesome.

1. Mike McCaskey

2. Packers

3. 18-26 year old Packer fans who were born and raised in the Chicago area who are Packer fans because Wanne/Jauron were garbage and Favre was made out to be God when we were growing up.

4. Neutral site Super Bowls Seriously, why are you depriving season ticket holders of the chance to see their team win the championship? If a team has a better record, it should be in their home stadium. They earned that right.

and finally...

5. Single elimination Super Bowl-To me, this is the worst thing about the NFL. I can live with the playoffs being single elimination, but the Super Bowl should be double elimination. You have to beat a team twice to win. Go to a 14 game season to get it done. The 2001 Patriots and 2007 Giants were NOT better teams than the 2001 Rams and 2007 Patriots. Those two teams would have beaten the their SB opponent 9/10 times; they just happened to win that one game. Furthermore, I think a 14 game season with the teams with the four best records in each conference making the playoffs, where each playoff round is double elimination would be ideal, and make for a better, more exciting playoff season. And you would always know who the best teams are. Eliminate 2 preseason games, go to a 14 game season starting the last week of August, with a 1-1-1 playoff system with the four best records from each confrence making the playoffs. Furthermore, there should be no inter-confrence games. The only meeting between AFC and NFC is in the championship series.

The NFL wants more football, and IMO this is the best way to do it. Don't add it to the regular season, add it to the playoffs. An 18 game season with the maximum amount of playoff games in current system= 18+4=22 games. 14 game season with maximum amount of playoff games=14+9=23 games with the possibility of only 14+6 games=20 which is the same amount of games that it takes a team that takes a wild card round team currently to go to the super bowl and win it.

Damn. Frogot the McCaskey's...must be trying to shield my memory of any thought of them!

1. Mike McCaskey

2. Packers

3. 18-26 year old Packer fans who were born and raised in the Chicago area who are Packer fans because Wanne/Jauron were garbage and Favre was made out to be God when we were growing up.

4. Neutral site Super Bowls Seriously, why are you depriving season ticket holders of the chance to see their team win the championship? If a team has a better record, it should be in their home stadium. They earned that right.

and finally...

5. Single elimination Super Bowl-To me, this is the worst thing about the NFL. I can live with the playoffs being single elimination, but the Super Bowl should be double elimination. You have to beat a team twice to win. Go to a 14 game season to get it done. The 2001 Patriots and 2007 Giants were NOT better teams than the 2001 Rams and 2007 Patriots. Those two teams would have beaten the their SB opponent 9/10 times; they just happened to win that one game. Furthermore, I think a 14 game season with the teams with the four best records in each conference making the playoffs, where each playoff round is double elimination would be ideal, and make for a better, more exciting playoff season. And you would always know who the best teams are. Eliminate 2 preseason games, go to a 14 game season starting the last week of August, with a 1-1-1 playoff system with the four best records from each confrence making the playoffs. Furthermore, there should be no inter-confrence games. The only meeting between AFC and NFC is in the championship series.

The NFL wants more football, and IMO this is the best way to do it. Don't add it to the regular season, add it to the playoffs. An 18 game season with the maximum amount of playoff games in current system= 18+4=22 games. 14 game season with maximum amount of playoff games=14+9=23 games with the possibility of only 14+6 games=20 which is the same amount of games that it takes a team that takes a wild card round team currently to go to the super bowl and win it.