#2 seed and an underdog?

fudgeripple2000

Listening to sports radio this morning one would think the bears were the underdog. According to these "experts" the bears not only don't "deserve" to be there but that the seahawks should win here are some of the points they made.

1. Hasselback sees the bears defense very well and knows how to attack it.

2. If Hester hadn't scored the special teams TD the loss would have been worse.

3. The bears/cutler are due to have a let down.

Here are the facts.

1. The only quarterback that "saw" our defense well was Brady. An 87.7% passer rating with only one TD does not make Matt the equivalent of Brady.

2. If we are counting "ifs" then what if we had gotten the onside kick and we won. I hope that Seattle treats the bears special teams with that mentality of Hester having a lucky break.

3. The three losses we had before the bye week were let downs. The loss to the Patriots was a let down only in the way we lost it. The patriots are great. The loss to the packer in green bay was not. We had nothing to play for other than pride and they had the playoffs riding on that game.

I don't see the bears giving up 6 sacks again to seattle.

I don't see the bears not getting 1 sack.

I don't see Lynch getting over 100.

I do see the bears out rushing the hawks. The hawks have been outrushed 7 times in the last 9 avg. 134 yds allowed. the bears averaged 110 yds in the same 9 game span and outrushed 5/9 times.

I do see the bears winning the battle of special teams. If you kick to Manning or Hester they will get to the 40 on average. if you don't we will start at the 40 on average.

The Bears threw the ball 47 or so times and only ran it 12 times when they played Seattle week 6. This WILL NOT happen again, I can guarantee it. Even if Martz has a relapse, he isn't dumb enough to not realize how well Forte has been running. With a balanced attack, the Bears should be able to win the game.

The Bears have proven themselves, particularly over the last half of the year, to be a very good team at best and mediocre at worst. They have improved their weak points significantly, ie O line, and if the line can play well and Cutler is on we are hard to beat.

We host the Packers in the championships after shutting down the Seahawks 24-10!

PS-I think we took it easy and played conservatively against the pack so they would not be ready for the full package when it matters.

I do see the bears winning the battle of special teams. If you kick to Manning or Hester they will get to the 40 on average. if you don't we will start at the 40 on average.

I just wanted to comment on this bit.

It appears to me that the best strategy on kickoffs to the Bears is to kick it to an up back around the 20. At that point, they have a decent chance to hold the return to about the 30 yard line with really good coverage. That's about the best average that could be achieved without risking the really long returns.

I think FUDGE is referring to "underdogs" as the Bears are still getting no love nationally. Walterfootball.com, my favorite sports site, picked Seattle 20-17 too. Skip Bayless, one of my favorite personalities and former writer in Chicago who LOVES Cutler, and Jemele Hill on First Take today, in other words, both said Hasselbeck > Cutler. People are saying- Seattle has nothing to lose. What does that even f***ing mean? Seattle has as much to lose as the other 7 teams left. They want a chance to win a championship too.

I think FUDGE is referring to "underdogs" as the Bears are still getting no love nationally. Walterfootball.com, my favorite sports site, picked Seattle 20-17 too. Skip Bayless, one of my favorite personalities and former writer in Chicago who LOVES Cutler, and Jemele Hill on First Take today, in other words, both said Hasselbeck > Cutler. People are saying- Seattle has nothing to lose. What does that even f***ing mean? Seattle has as much to lose as the other 7 teams left. They want a chance to win a championship too.

Thanks for beating me to that. I made that statement, not based on what vegas had, but what I was hearing in the media. I hate/like Cowherd. He is able to be somewhat objective sometimes. He once said that, radio commentators are not in the business of being fans, but to lure listeners in with controversy and good stories. Point is that Seattle is a good story. 7-9 potentially going to the superbowl would be a story. I want the bears to be underdogs. I want all the media attention to be on the seahawks. The seahawks are happy just to be there. They know that if they lose they will be able to say 7-9 shouldn't take us far. The bears had a first round bye. If they lose, they lost to 7-9, in chicago.

Ugh. Jemele Hill. Worst freaking person on ESPN. Period. She's a moron. If she's picking Seattle, then suddenly I feel confident about a Bears win.

Ugh. Jemele Hill. Worst freaking person on ESPN. Period. She's a moron. If she's picking Seattle, then suddenly I feel confident about a Bears win.

They didn't pick the game. They'll probably do that tomorrow or Friday.

Also, they had S.Young on again. He went about saying that the Bears can win it all if Cutler doesn't f*** up. No s*** Steve, or maybe if the D doesn't f*** up. If they play like they did vs the Jets or Patriots against Seattle, you can forget it, a**hole.

The Bears will win or lose this game. The offense will need to move the ball and protect the football and if our oline plays solid (our oline solid, not normal oline solid) than we will win this game, imo. If not, we'll be in trouble.

Key to our defense will be to stop the run and get some pressure on Hassel early. Rattle him early and he won't be able to get into a rhythm against us. The tough part is, Hassel is good at quick releases and it makes it difficult to get to him. He had all day last time these two teams met.

Lets go Bears!!!

Agreed. I pretty much feel other than the Pat's, we are our own worst enemy.

The Bears will win or lose this game. The offense will need to move the ball and protect the football and if our oline plays solid (our oline solid, not normal oline solid) than we will win this game, imo. If not, we'll be in trouble.

Key to our defense will be to stop the run and get some pressure on Hassel early. Rattle him early and he won't be able to get into a rhythm against us. The tough part is, Hassel is good at quick releases and it makes it difficult to get to him. He had all day last time these two teams met.

Lets go Bears!!!

Lets go Bears!!!

I see what you did there.