Cutler/Game Thoughts

Daventry

What does losing the game have anything to do with it? Rivers played on a god damn torn ACL. That's being a tough SOB. Donovan McNabb played through the 4th quarter on a broken leg a few years back, hell Byron Leftwich had to be carried back to the huddle in a meaningless college football game and played on a broken leg. We all know about Brett Favre. The point being, this is the biggest game of the guys career and he did not want to continue playing.

How do you know Cutler didn't want to keep playing? Jamie Dukes and Tom Waddle are ripping everyone for saying he's not tough right now on NFL Network. Tune in, champ.

As for "what does losing the game have to do with it?", what the hell are you talking about? You're right, this wasn't about winning. If he would've came back, played with the injury, kept playing like he did in the 1st half (like pure s***), it would've all been fine and dandy because he would've shown "toughness." BULLS***. Do you think Chargers fans are so happy about Rivers playing that game? Man, that really paid off. SWEET!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does losing the game have anything to do with it? Rivers played on a god damn torn ACL. That's being a tough SOB. Donovan McNabb played through the 4th quarter on a broken leg a few years back, hell Byron Leftwich had to be carried back to the huddle in a meaningless college football game and played on a broken leg. We all know about Brett Favre. The point being, this is the biggest game of the guys career and he did not want to continue playing.

So you would of been fine if Cutler played the entire game and threw 5 picks because he couldnt get anything on the throw. Bullshit.

According to Lovie, trainers & doctors made the decision. It wasn't Cutler's decision. When Cedric refused took himself out of the Super Bowl, the doctors said he was fine and he had no lasting injuries. If that's the case with Cutler, I'll be happy to curse him. If reports are accurate, he had a serious injury.

What makes me furious is that Todd Collins was our #2 . . . are you freaking kidding me? Terrible.

Link

"Jay was hurt," Urlacher said. "I don't question his toughness. He's tough as hell. He's one of the toughest guys on our football team. He doesn't bitch. He doesn't complain when he gets hit. He goes out there and plays his ass off every Sunday. He practices every single day. So, no, we don't question his toughness."

Cutler tried to test the knee by riding a stationary bike on the sideline, where he remained throughout the game.

Shortly after the game, fans began calling sports talk shows to question Cutler's toughness. Urlacher was told that some players around the league were doing the same via Twitter.

"Nothing like jealous people who are sitting home watching," Urlacher said. "Players around the league you said, right? Yeah, love jealous people when they're watching our game on TV while their season is over."

In a postgame show on Fox, Urlacher again defended his quarterback when told fans were critical.

"Who cares what they think?" he said. "That's my response to them. They are not playing in this game. Jay was hurt, obviously. There's no reason for him to be out there if he can't get it done. He was obviously hurt pretty bad or he would have played.

"For them to question his toughness is stupid to me."

Packers players were surprised Cutler didn't come back.

"You know if he doesn't come back it had to be serious, not to come back and play in this game," Charles Woodson said.

Bears center Olin Kreutz said he could see Cutler's leg shaking during a huddle in the second quarter.

Cutler is believed to have injured his knee on the final series of the first half.

Bears coach Lovie Smith said Cutler was disappointed.

"He was hurt, and he couldn't go," Smith said. "Trainers, doctors and all, they are the ones who really made that decision. As far as Jay he is like everyone else; he was disappointed he couldn't go out and play to help his team win."

Smith wasn't happy when asked again about Cutler not returning.

"He hurt his knee and he was out, all right? There's nothing else for me to tell you on that," Smith said. "I don't know exactly when it happened. He couldn't go, and we moved on. Let's go to some other questions, how about that?"

Bears receiver Rashied Davis also supported Cutler.

"You know yourself better than anybody, and Jay is a very tough guy. You've seen it," Davis said. "For him to go out of a game, something had to be wrong. I don't know what it is, but Jay is a pretty tough dude."

According to Lovie, trainers & doctors made the decision. It wasn't Cutler's decision. When Cedric refused took himself out of the Super Bowl, the doctors said he was fine and he had no lasting injuries. If that's the case with Cutler, I'll be happy to curse him. If reports are accurate, he had a serious injury.

What makes me furious is that Todd Collins was our #2 . . . are you freaking kidding me? Terrible.

Voice of reason. Thank you.

So you would of been fine if Cutler played the entire game and threw 5 picks because he couldnt get anything on the throw. Bullshit.

Voice of reason II. Thank you.

How do you know Cutler didn't want to keep playing? Jamie Dukes and Tom Waddle are ripping everyone for saying he's not tough right now on NFL Network. Tune in, champ.

As for "what does losing the game have to do with it?", what the hell are you talking about? You're right, this wasn't about winning. If he would've came back, played with the injury, kept playing like he did in the 1st half (like pure s***), it would've all been fine and dandy because he would've shown "toughness." BULLS***. Do you think Chargers fans are so happy about Rivers playing that game? Man, that really paid off. SWEET!

I would take a dead Jay Cutler over Todd Collins any day of the week and in most cases, Caleb Haine. Luckily Caleb came in and played his heart out and shocked alot of people, but we will never know what would have happened if Jay had played the whole game. I would have atleast taken my chances though. You live and die by Cutler. I don't care if you had to adjust the gameplan and run the ball more, I want Jay Cutler in the game if he's alive.

I would take a dead Jay Cutler over Todd Collins any day of the week and in most cases, Caleb Haine. Luckily Caleb came in and played his heart out and shocked alot of people, but we will never know what would have happened if Jay had played the whole game. I would have atleast taken my chances though.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. Cutler has missed ONE start since he was drafted 4.5 years ago. I don't think you ever decide to make a career in a sport and then QUIT on your team for a right to get to the championship.

YOU GUYS ARE A F***ING JOKE!

You are the same clowns who say OMG THE BEARS NEED OL IN THE DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY. So WTF? This was bound to happen eventually. He got concussed in NY on national television and today, with the whole world watching, took a hit to the knee. This is complete and utter BS that you people think he quit on the team. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Did you hear Urlacher after the game? "My QB is tough as hell. He gets hit and never b****es and never complains." Or Kreutz? "It's a ligament tear." Or even Cutler himself? "I couldn't plant and throw, and the doctors wouldn't let me back out there."

Philip Rivers played on a torn ACL? Oh really? And they lost 21-10 you f***ing idiots. Who gives a rat's a$$ then?

You people are sick and make me f***ing sick. It's time to get back to the drawing board people. Caleb Hanie f***ing sucks and there's a reason he'll never be a full-time starter on an NFL roster. Oh, and Kyle Orton f***ing blows too, so don't give me any of that bulls***. If you don't like Cutler, his attitude, his "toughness", then keep your eye out for Orton this offseason when he'll be on another damn team because HE F***ING SUCKS. When he's playing for the Titans or Dolphins, you all can hitch your bandwagons on that f***ing train.

Where were the rollouts today? Did Earl Bennett play the 1st 3 quarters? Why the f*** did Lovie not kick a 52 and 49 yard FG with Robbie Gould? Mr. "Good as Gould", Mr. "Highest Paid Kicker in Football."

Personal attacks and comments are never helpful.

It was obvious that there would be questions about what happened with Cutler today, he left the game with no obvious injury and did not appear injured on the sidelines. Who would not question?

Caleb Hanie did more than Cutler did in the brief time he was in the game....Cutler looked like crap while he was in the game today.

Lots of reasons we lost today, certainly not at all just on Cutler, but Cutler gets paid alot of money and much was given for him to come to Chicago...so much is expected. And today, little was delivered.

Personal attacks and comments are never helpful.

It was obvious that there would be questions about what happened with Cutler today, he left the game with no obvious injury and did not appear injured on the sidelines. Who would not question?

Caleb Hanie did more than Cutler did in the brief time he was in the game....Cutler looked like crap while he was in the game today.

Lots of reasons we lost today, certainly not at all just on Cutler, but Cutler gets paid alot of money and much was given for him to come to Chicago...so much is expected. And today, little was delivered.

Exactly. I never said Cutler was good in his time in the game. That's actually my point. He sucked when he was healthy, and for him to come back in on a torn-up knee would've made s*** 6x worse.

For me at least my anger against Cutler right now is how he carried himself when he was out...from the coverage we saw there was no buddy buddy aspect with his other QBs...he sat there like there wasnt a team on the field...i am just glad he smiled when Caleb got that first TD...I defend him when the media walks all over him for being a douche...but when it seems like he is acctualy being a douche on gameday it bothers me..

For me at least my anger against Cutler right now is how he carried himself when he was out...from the coverage we saw there was no buddy buddy aspect with his other QBs...he sat there like there wasnt a team on the field...i am just glad he smiled when Caleb got that first TD...I defend him when the media walks all over him for being a douche...but when it seems like he is acctualy being a douche on gameday it bothers me..

Agreed...it is hard to stomach your franchise, overly paid QB, sitting on the sidelines in the NFC Championship game with a coat on and a sour look on his face while the game goes on around him. I too was a big supporter but today has made me wonder....when it looks like a monkey, and smells like a monkey....it usually is a monkey.

I felt very frustrated that the defence did not blitz more earlier when it was obvious Rogers was going to pick them apart. There would have been little to lose to go to a more aggressive package earlier.

More downfield shots would have also been welcome if Cutler had shown any signs of being able to complete one...

I agree the better team won today, the Pack are tough and solid and there is no shame in losing to them.

If we bolster the O Line, get a big time WR, and hopefully Cutler comes back strong, we will be really good next year IMO...

I would agree with all of this. However, I have to cut Marinelli a little slack on the blitzing. Rogers has a pretty high passer rating against it. They eventually did a good job of mixing it up.

I would also agree with your list of needs but, as usually, I think we're going to have to add defensive line to it. Though they really didn't do badly I think they need a three technique tackle to run this defense right.

I empathize with the frustration. Tough game to watch. I'm really surprised they kept the score as close as they did. The defense has a habit of starting bad, then gradually tightening up in such a way that you kind of blink and realize the other offense hasn't scored in a while. Wish they'd start that way.

Cheers,

Tom S.

Exactly. My only issue with the entire situation was that Collins was still on the team. What a waste of a uniform.

Cutler was told he could not return to the game. His teammates know the beating he took this year and didn't have any issues with it.

Everyone just needs to take a step back and relax.

Peace :dabears

Exactly. My only issue with the entire situation was that Collins was still on the team. What a waste of a uniform.

Cutler was told he could not return to the game. His teammates know the beating he took this year and didn't have any issues with it.

Everyone just needs to take a step back and relax.

Peace :dabears

I will wait to see whether Cutler was told he could not return to the game via medical reports etc...either way, I am relaxed. His teammates may have been telling the truth or they may have toeing the company line. I can not believe that anyone who watched today's game would not have questions. It does not mean that Cutler was absolutely in the wrong, but there are many reasons for questions.

Regardless of what everyone thinks about the Cutler situation, if he ends up having a torn ACL (Which I doubt) but you never know, he'll miss atleast 3/4 of the season next year. What the hell would we do then?

Why would he miss 3/4 of the season. Its a pussy injury anyways. Just tell him to be a man and ignore the pain

strong words

I see lots of amateur internet doctors making assumptions on the ability for Jay to play today based on his body language. I mean how much could this hurt. You know from my couch it seems so easy. I also played the game on Madden 11 and Jay doesn't look hurt on there either. Plus he is dating a chick from the hills so he probably doesnt care and wants to leave the game early.

Jay Cutler will have an MRI on his left knee Monday and it is believed that he suffered a torn MCL in Sunday's season-ending loss to the Packers.

Cutler is coming under heavy fire for not gutting it out and getting back in the game, but perhaps a torn knee ligament will make the critics back off. Then again, Philip Rivers did play on a torn ACL in the 2008 AFC Championship Game. Regardless, a torn MCL does not always require surgery and Cutler will likely be fine for training camp. We'll find out Cutler's exact diagnosis Monday afternoon.

Link

Agreed...it is hard to stomach your franchise, overly paid QB, sitting on the sidelines in the NFC Championship game with a coat on and a sour look on his face while the game goes on around him. I too was a big supporter but today has made me wonder....when it looks like a monkey, and smells like a monkey....it usually is a monkey.

I can give a shit about body language, it's the same way he is every game. What I care about is how bad he played. Over threw Hester twice. Under threw Knox(be nice if Knox fought for the ball too). Bad pass to Olsen. Fumble on the sack. He played terrible. That's what I care about. If he wasn't a good cheerleader after getting knocked out of the most important game of his life, I can live with it.

Agree with the other complaints about Collins. He was horseshit and demoted to the #3 and then for reasons only known to this coaching staff, upgraded back to #2. It didn't mean anything at the time, but I was still pissed about it. All I heard from people was, well hopefully we don't have to worry about the #2. Well what do ya know...we did today in the biggest game of the season. It would have been nice if Hanie had a few reps with the 1's. Kid played great against a top defense, in a pressure situation with receivers he has no timing with. Ran the hurry up like nobody's business. When is the last time you think that kid has practiced a hurry up. He showed some real good qualities today.

This is kind of where I am at now. I suppose I just wish he would have been cheering or at least doing whatever he can to help Hanie when he had a chance. Im still not sure how to take all of it. Im upset about the loss and hate wondering what if. I take some solace in the fact that I think Hanie did better then what Cutler had been doing and maybe if Cutler stayed in we would have been routed.

The 2 series with Collins were infuriating though. It was two completely wasted possessions with decent field position. The reverse on 3rd and 3 off a wasted time out that should have been used on 4th down was also frustrating.

It was great watching Forte playing without fear and showing us he can be the back we envisioned when we drafted him. I was also really impressed with the statement the D made in the second half and how they kept us in the game.

The guys in there left it all on the field and with that I am happy. I think this whole season went a lot better then anyone thought.

Why would he miss 3/4 of the season. Its a pussy injury anyways. Just tell him to be a man and ignore the pain

I agree. If it's a torn ACL and he's 50% by September, he needs to remember he's the QB and he makes tons of money. He should get his a$$ out there. Philip Rivers did it once. So did Donovan McNabb. Cutler is a p***y. F***ing quitter.

Regardless of what everyone thinks about the Cutler situation, if he ends up having a torn ACL (Which I doubt) but you never know, he'll miss atleast 3/4 of the season next year. What the hell would we do then?

Not necessarily. I had a torn MCL and a partially torn ACL. I was back in action after four months.