Carimi is a bear

fudgeripple2000

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how a guy coming off of a serious hip problem, who was a bust until Favre got to him, is this huge priority to go blow our wad on. I'd much rather go hard for Ashmunga at CB.

Just my 2 cents and I'd be fine if the Bears spent there money on Rice cause he's better than what we have, I just think there are major risks there.

Thats just a person showing how much they truly know. But always quick to call out the Bears without really watching games. Its typical around here.

I don't get how a guy coming off of a serious hip problem, who was a bust until Favre got to him, is this huge priority to go blow our wad on. I'd much rather go hard for Ashmunga at CB.

Just my 2 cents and I'd be fine if the Bears spent there money on Rice cause he's better than what we have, I just think there are major risks there.

Asumuguah would be awesome. Sidney Rice is the big tall possession receiver this team is lacking.

Asumuguah would be awesome. Sidney Rice is the big tall possession receiver this team is lacking.

To me, the key is, without time to throw to the big fancy wideout, we are in trouble. Now, we have another young olineman to go with a guy that i really believe in (Tice). I'm going to hope that the Bears still go out and sign another lineman and we can really see things figure out. I don't know what the hell the Bears are going to do with the oline and where guys will play, but I'm starting to think we at least have some talent on our line.

Bears4ever this why Carimi was taken as well as being the pick they targeted all along.

"Some knocked Carimi for his brash nature, but he should fit in nicely with offensive line coach Mike Tice, who knows him well. Tice's son Nate is a reserve quarterback for the Badgers."

Chicago trib article

Bears4ever this why Carimi was taken as well as being the pick they targeted all along.

"Some knocked Carimi for his brash nature, but he should fit in nicely with offensive line coach Mike Tice, who knows him well. Tice's son Nate is a reserve quarterback for the Badgers."

Chicago trib article

If Baldwin AND Bowers were both gone by the time we picked I wouldn't have a problem with the pick.

Didn't realize Tice's son played up there with Carimi. Tice should have known everything you'd ever want to know about this guy before drafting him. If in fact the Bears were trying to trade up to get him, when you know that's not our style, it says a lot about how strongly they felt about him. I think we just drafted our next leader of the Oline (down the road of course). Not only should Cutler be happy so should Matt Forte. Now find a big RG to line up next to Carimi and the road to the playoffs will be paved.

So do you guys think we play him at RT or will he be at guard? If he's at RT, who will our LT be?

I wouldn't give up on him at LT yet. Depending on how the draft/FA shakes out, our best O-line might be Carimi at LT, Williams at G, and Webb at RT.

Angelo just said his attempt to move up was for Carimi, not Baldwin.

As for tomorrow, I think JA takes a hard look at Will Rackley, but ends up with Stephen Paea from Oregon State. He always wants to improve the DL, and it'll be no different after releasing Harris.

BTW, I think Carimi starts out at RT. JA wants to give Webb a shot at LT (scary, I know). If that fails, Carimi may play a lot of LT next season.

And you don't know that.

Interesting nugget here from Biggs column...

"If Carimi had not been available, the Bears were poised to select Oregon State defensive tackle Stephen Paea."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2019720.story

Baldwin was considered a reach when he was taken. Why would the Bears trade up for a reach? I'd also throw out that Martz doesn't like the bigger WR's.

I think he starts at LT. I can't really see moving JWebb over to the left side and I don't think Chris Williams is better at LT than Carimi. I prefer JWebb's size at RT over Chris Williams. I think the best bet is to leave Williams at LG and let him develop there. Draft a rookie to challenge for the RG spot.

That should leave us with Omiyale as our backup OT, plus we'd have Williams available in an emergency. Assuming Webb improves in his second season that's pretty good depth at OT.

The big question is if the Bears really think Edwin Williams can be a starter at C. If not, then we're going after a starting center in this draft moreso than an OG. I hope that's not the case and we can focus on OG.

Baldwin was considered a reach when he was taken. Why would the Bears trade up for a reach? I'd also throw out that Martz doesn't like the bigger WR's.

It's a QB driven league...period. Don't protect your QB and it doesn't matter if he's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning they won't get the job done even if they have Pro Bowl players like Reggie Wayne to throw to.

Hey, if everybody praised the pick it would be boring, right? We don't have to all agree.

It does seem a bit much to call it stupid to go for an OT that the offensive coach new well, that we were willing to trade up for, who says he wants to play LT, won the Outland Trophy, played four years against the highest level of competition, has a significant mean streak/self-confidence (and hopefully motivation will derive from that) and came from a school famous for it's great Oline. I didn't know the guy before the draft, but I'm loving what I'm hearing about the guy now. For some icing on the cake, looking at measurables, Gabe is significantly more strong and athletic than Sherrod is (who some predicted we'd take...and the Pukers actually did).

Bowers was the best available player we could have gotten. He's going to make more of an impact on defense than this carimi guy will on offense. Knowing how JA picks offensive lineman, this guy is probably going to be the next Chris Williams.. Waited all damn day to see Bowers fall right through us. I am beyond pissed off right now.

First of all, there is no way you though Bowers would drop that far. He has injury issues or he wouldnt be there. All we need is a failed injured 1st round pick, because you liked him, deal with it. Carmi is needed and to save our Cutler, or who ever is on defense wouldnt matter.

Great pick, very happy with getting a quality O Linesman. Best area to focus on is the O Line, we need to give Cutler more time and less damage if he is going to fulfil his potential.

Agreed. And Carimi being there at 29 is all the more surprising given the news on Angelo's blown attempt to trade up. I think Angelo needs to be sat down and read the riot act, after we give our 4th rnd. pick to the Ravens. Luckily for JA both us and the Ravens ended up with the guy they wanted. But still, JA is gaining a history of these "little" gaffes that any professional at his level should not have.

And I love the pick!