Hester, Harris advocate Bears sign Santana Moss

balta1701-A

Link

"Anybody that can come in and help out the team, I’m down for it, and a guy like (Moss) can come in and really help out a lot," Hester said of his fellow Miami Hurricane. "I’m hoping we can get him."

Moss, 32, is on the Bears’ radar, and he is viewed as productive player and positive locker room influence. He had a career-high 93 catches for 1,115 yards and six touchdowns with Washington last season and has four 1000-yard seasons in 10 years.

@ChrisHarrisNFL Chris Harris

Me Too

I'd much rather have a number of other guys instead of another short dude.

But, I'd take him over nothing at all.

I'm just wondering if Martz who continues to say that height is not as important as guys who can change direction quickly may think of Olsen as his big receiver. When we look back over the years at the receivers he had with the Rams they weren't that big.( Bruce,Holt,Proehl and Akim.)

I just htink too much is made of the greatest show on turf compared to what we have...we don't have that line-up to perform like that. We don't have a Warner, Faulk, OL, and WR crops to pull that off.

He needs to adjust to our personnell. And that requires having a big body WR that Cutler can count on when he's running for his life.

I'm just wondering if Martz who continues to say that height is not as important as guys who can change direction quickly may think of Olsen as his big receiver. When we look back over the years at the receivers he had with the Rams they weren't that big.( Bruce,Holt,Proehl and Akim.)

I'd much rather have Vincent Jackson. I'm getting tired of 5'9" WR's running routes for the Bears. But, he'll likely command lots of money and no one is completely sure of the FA rules once the lockout is over.

If he's available, which is now seeming possible, there's probably no other addition the Bears could make that would have a bigger positive impact on their roster. And with the Bears supposedly being under the salary floor and having a ton of cap space...that might be the best move they could make this offseason.

If he's available, which is now seeming possible, there's probably no other addition the Bears could make that would have a bigger positive impact on their roster. And with the Bears supposedly being under the salary floor and having a ton of cap space...that might be the best move they could make this offseason.

Agreed. None of those OL pop out to me. Perhaps Tyson Clabo would be a nice addition at OG, but for the money he's going to want and the fact that he's going to be 30 in October, I'd rather pass unless he comes cheaper than I think he will.

Agreed. None of those OL pop out to me. Perhaps Tyson Clabo would be a nice addition at OG, but for the money he's going to want and the fact that he's going to be 30 in October, I'd rather pass unless he comes cheaper than I think he will.

Well, the Bears still do need something on the O-line...they need to at least bring back Kreutz.

I dunno about the O-line. It's hard for me to think that this O-Line isn't hugely upgraded from last year's already.

LT: Carimi (Rookie)

LG: Williams (in his 2nd season at position)

C: Kreutz

RG: Garza

RT: Webb (in his 2nd season at position)

You've taken Omifail out of the LT spot and put him where he belongs; as a backup/injury replacement, where he's not a bad option, you've added Carimi, you've got an extra year under the belts of both Williams and Webb. Kreutz and Garza could take steps back, and that does worry some, but if you're going to bring in a FA, you need one who is clearly good enough to send one of them to the bench. That means the Bears only have a handful of guys who would be practical.

Well, the Bears still do need something on the O-line...they need to at least bring back Kreutz.

I dunno about the O-line. It's hard for me to think that this O-Line isn't hugely upgraded from last year's already.

LT: Carimi (Rookie) 6'7'' 300+lbs

LG: Williams 6'6'' 300+lbs

(in his 2nd season at position)

RT: Webb 6'8'' 300+lbs

(in his 2nd season at position)

You've taken Omifail out of the LT spot and put him where he belongs; as a backup/injury replacement, where he's not a bad option, you've added Carimi, you've got an extra year under the belts of both Williams and Webb. Kreutz and Garza could take steps back, and that does worry some, but if you're going to bring in a FA, you need one who is clearly good enough to send one of them to the bench. That means the Bears only have a handful of guys who would be practical.

With the exception of Krutz and Garza the OL is much bigger. Maybe Herman Johnson or Asiats (spelling?) could challange for RG. I do not have much confidence in Garza. There is no doubt Tices influence on the OL roster depth.

LT: Carimi (Rookie)

LG: Williams (in his 2nd season at position)

RT: Webb (in his 2nd season at position)

Word is that Carimi is headed to RT and Webb will be our LT.

Word is that Carimi is headed to RT and Webb will be our LT.

Well, ok, however it works, that's still a much upgraded (on paper) line from last year. It doesn't have any need of a tackle, and if you want to upgrade it, you need to find an upgrade that is obviously substantially better than one of the people in the rotation. Garza was probably the Bears best O-lineman last year, so he's hard to replace, 3 of the guys there are young and hopefully settle in this year (and you wouldn't want to replace them anyway since they are young), and then Kreutz is the captain in the center.

Guest TerraTor
Webb at LT scares the hell out of me. Lets not sugercoat it & try say he was anything less than bad last season.

Couldnt say that any better. Omiyale at best is a RT sub as well

Carimi played LT on a pro style O for 4 seasons. Put the guy there and be done with it.

Couldnt say that any better. Omiyale at best is a RT sub as well

Carimi played LT on a pro style O for 4 seasons. Put the guy there and be done with it.

Agreed. If the season starts with Carimi playing RT and Webb playing LT, the coaches should be investigated for the attempted murder of Jay Cutler. There is no way Webb should be a starting LT in the NFL, nor should he be on the depth chart ahead of Williams at RT. And I'm not even going to discuss Omifail.

As for the topic at hand, Moss only moderately intrigues me. I don't think he'd be a significant addition other than to the Bears' wallet.

Hester should just stick to returning punts, once in awhile catching a pass and leave the player signing to the people that get paid to do it. Figures he would want Moss. Not much competition there. If we're going to go out and sign midgets, I'd rather sign one that's really been there and done that in Steve Smith. Personally, I think he' s an asshole but he's probably better than anything we have on the roster. I'd also look at Rice, the Moss that can see over the windshield, as in Randy. Hell, I'd even take a strong look at Mike Williams. Just about anybody before Midget Moss. Cutler needs some real targets to throw at.