Kreutz leaving?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F&*K ALL! It's it's really 500K Connor better be ready for me spew "cheapness" like the excorcist scene!

My question is: How much is he worth on the open market? I just don't see anyone giving him 4.5, so why should the Bears? Just seems like a lot of loot for a lower tier starting center.

My question is: How much is he worth on the open market? I just don't see anyone giving him 4.5, so why should the Bears? Just seems like a lot of loot for a lower tier starting center.

If that's a lot for a lower tier starting center...then the Bears ought to have found a middle-tier starting center somewhere. Or signed a guard so that they can move one of their current guards to C. Something. They don't have the horses right now.

If that's a lot for a lower tier starting center...then the Bears ought to have found a middle-tier starting center somewhere. Or signed a guard so that they can move one of their current guards to C. Something. They don't have the horses right now.

If you compare Olin to Jeff Saturday. Saturday makes 1.9 mil.

Multiple sources on twitter saying the Bears are close to a deal with ex-Seahawks C Chris Spencer.

I actually like this. The O-line has been under the "leadership" of Kreutz for the last two years and has been an unholy mess, due in part to his poor play. I'd like to see these guys grow up a little bit and become leaders themselves, and that was never gonna happen with Kreutz.

I agree, Tice can get Linnekohl up on calls, He is another Kruetz type center. if you watch him he reminds me alot of Olin in his earlier years.

Pretty intersting. 31 reps on the Bench

That was my point and if eveyone else is a veteran they too can step up to help the cause. Be it Garza, Williams or Linnekohl stick them out there and coach 'em up.

I have followed the draft for a very long time and when Kreutz came out he had character issues tied to anger management. When he broke his teammates' jaw at a FBI shooting range on a day off, that told me his anger managemenet issues still are hovering around. You watch his interviews with the media and you can tell he is uncomfortable doing them and it really annoys me that everyone seems to think he runs the lockerroom. I wonder if that is through fear of what he might do or through real respect. I say let him go and see if someone else will give him what he wants.

Whats the word B 4 ever, I heard nothing so far.

I'm not sure. Im still trying to find out about it. Supposedly it was on the Bears board earlier but I couldn't find which threat it was in. All I heard was what I said. Urlacher I guess wasn't very happy with Angelo about not resigning Kreutz, Lovie was involved in a discussion with him as well and it apparently wasn't the most friendly of conversations.

I'm not sure. Im still trying to find out about it. Supposedly it was on the Bears board earlier and I couldn't find which threat it was in. All I heard was what I said. Urlacher I guess wasn't very happy with Angelo about not resigning Kreutz, Lovie was involved in a discussion with him as well and it apparently wasn't the most friendly of conversations.

Lovie, Angelo, and Urlacher were all huddle together having a heated moment. The speculation was that it was in regards to Kreutz not being resigned.

From the early appearance of things, it sounds like the coaches and players wanted Kreutz back, while upper management (e.g., Angelo and company) didn't necessarily want him back.

Yeah, upon further review, I get the feeling that we were just ready to move away from Kreutz. The money did appear to be a gift. Now I read he's contemplating retirement.

For our long term needs, Spencer may prove far better. But for the here and now, this will hurt. ...especially hurt Cutler.

4 mil's a damn gift if we're using last season as a barometer for what we should expect moving forward. I'd tell him goodbye at this point. He's one of my all-time faves but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Agreed. I was more angry at manaement earlier, but this is a 2 way street. And it appears to me, thre team was ready to move on w/o him.

Yeah, you can look at this and say, "why the f*** is JA not giving him an extra 500k?" But you can also look at it and say, "why the f*** can't Kreutz just take $4 million rather than $4.5 million?"