Knox taking over KR Duties

Cutsizzle

http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/08/06/to...-return-duties/

Fantasy wise, this is sick. His offensive production + KR yards/TD's should he have any increase his stock a lot.

Knox went to the pro bowl as a rookie for his returns, had a pretty high average.

Knox is good, but Hester is the best return man ever. Not having Hester do it full time is foolish.

Knox is good, but Hester is the best return man ever. Not having Hester do it full time is foolish.

I hate to deflate your balloon, but he is not even the best kick off return man on the Bears all time. That would be Gale Sayers.

Sayers in 91 kick off returns had 6 touchdowns averaging 30.6 yards per return

Hester in 113 kick off returns has 4 touchdowns averaging 24,1 yards per return

There is no argument that Hester is the greatest punt returner of all time. In 178 returns he has 10 TDs averaging 12.4 yards per return.

Peace :dabears

Seems mind boggling to me that you wouldn't make the best player to ever return kicks your primary kickoff returner. Knox is a WR and Hester is your returner. I sure hope Hester isn't expected to start over Knox this year. Quite frankly I wish they would just give up on Hester as a receiver unless it's in spots.

A great replacement for Manning. But I still contend it should be Hester...the greatest ever.

http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/08/06/to...-return-duties/

Fantasy wise, this is sick. His offensive production + KR yards/TD's should he have any increase his stock a lot.

Knox went to the pro bowl as a rookie for his returns, had a pretty high average.

Geez...just throw in argueably (sp?) one of the best football players ever at us!

OK, second best ever!

...and since Gale isn't available to play Sundays, I say let's go to the #2 guy, Hester!

I hate to deflate your balloon, but he is not even the best kick off return man on the Bears all time. That would be Gale Sayers.

Sayers in 91 kick off returns had 6 touchdowns averaging 30.6 yards per return

Hester in 113 kick off returns has 4 touchdowns averaging 24,1 yards per return

There is no argument that Hester is the greatest punt returner of all time. In 178 returns he has 10 TDs averaging 12.4 yards per return.

Peace :dabears

I could not agree more. But this staff is stubborn...

Seems mind boggling to me that you wouldn't make the best player to ever return kicks your primary kickoff returner. Knox is a WR and Hester is your returner. I sure hope Hester isn't expected to start over Knox this year. Quite frankly I wish they would just give up on Hester as a receiver unless it's in spots.

You give me one guy, one play...TD is needed. Do or die. Who do you have back there? I sat Hester. And by that logic, shouldn't he be back there every KO? SImply give himthe next few plays off on O if he doesn't run it in.

Hasn't Hester seemed to struggle on kick returns while whipping the world on punt returns?

Throw my 2 cents into the "Hester at KR" side as well. It makes no sense not to use him at KR. He's too dangerous, too explosive, and has even a psychological advantage over other teams. Putting Knox back there potentially minimizes the impact he may have at WR.

Throw my 2 cents into the "Hester at KR" side as well. It makes no sense not to use him at KR. He's too dangerous, too explosive, and has even a psychological advantage over other teams. Putting Knox back there potentially minimizes the impact he may have at WR.

Agreed and a lot of people have forgotten how in that SB year how teams were kicking alot balls out of bounds on kickoffs to keep it away from him. I also do believe that he is the only player to ever return the opening kick for a TD in SB history.

I have always maintained that my childhood idol(Sayers) was the Bears' best ever but Hester is no slouch and is the one player on the Bears that we know teams game plan for.

I think it's ok to have Knox as primary and keep Hester in reserve for kickoffs. Hester is still a significant part of our offense and he needs to have something left in the tank. Plus the new rules mean kickoffs will basically be a formality. If it's late in the game and we need a huge return throw him out there. It's a totally different look for the coverage team and that just adds to his potential for a big return IMO.

I think it's ok to have Knox as primary and keep Hester in reserve for kickoffs. Hester is still a significant part of our offense and he needs to have something left in the tank. Plus the new rules mean kickoffs will basically be a formality. If it's late in the game and we need a huge return throw him out there. It's a totally different look for the coverage team and that just adds to his potential for a big return IMO.

That's very true, it's going to be much harder to do real damage in the kickoff game this year.

...and if one man could, I know that one man is Hester.

I have no probelm spelling him...but he should be back there at least once per game just to make the other team think about it.

That's very true, it's going to be much harder to do real damage in the kickoff game this year.