The light go out now on practice...

madlithuanian

They had some crappy luck this season. First the Sod at Soldier Field, then the rain last Monday, and now the practice field lights went out at dusk. I was at the practice and what really sucked was that the players had a short practice, yet when they left the field they didn't take any extra time to sign anything for the fans waiting for them on the way back to the locker rooms. You would have sworn the practice field was on fire they were out of there so quick!

It sucked for all the kids there waiting.

Most of Chicagoland has suffered this same problem from late Spring and up to this point in Summer. So the power outage doesn't surprise me but the fact that the team didn't insist on Olivet Nazarene having a backup generator for the field lighting has me scratching my head. I'm sure that there are backup systems on campus for other things like the cafeteria etc. and even if the Bears had to foot the bill for it, some plan should have been in place.This organization(using the word loosely) continues to do things as if they are doing them for the first time. Everything from coaching hires to watering the grass all seems to be done as if they are the most difficult tasks in the world.

Most of Chicagoland has suffered this same problem from late Spring and up to this point in Summer. So the power outage doesn't surprise me but the fact that the team didn't insist on Olivet Nazarene having a backup generator for the field lighting has me scratching my head. I'm sure that there are backup systems on campus for other things like the cafeteria etc. and even if the Bears had to foot the bill for it, some plan should have been in place.This organization(using the word loosely) continues to do things as if they are doing them for the first time. Everything from coaching hires to watering the grass all seems to be done as if they are the most difficult tasks in the world.

These things act as the cloud of cheapness that hangs over the Bears and negates the high profile, big money signings of guys like Peppers and Cutler.

No that is funny!!!!!

really do you guys think this was the Bears fault? Im sure they or the ONU rented the lights or where the lights already there. I would think this has nothing to do with the bears.

I've been there and it looks like the lights are permanent. The problem was not with the lights but with the electricity. That is why I mentioned about having a generator or some sort of backup power source. That area gets a lot of storms every Summer and this is not the Bears first year down there.

Not in the least. However, it's a string of incidents that give the national and local press too much room to embelish the haplessness of the Bears that is preceived be far too many.

No that is funny!!!!!

really do you guys think this was the Bears fault? Im sure they or the ONU rented the lights or where the lights already there. I would think this has nothing to do with the bears.

Good point...

I've been there and it looks like the lights are permanent. The problem was not with the lights but with the electricity. That is why I mentioned about having a generator or some sort of backup power source. That area gets a lot of storms every Summer and this is not the Bears first year down there.

It is a "non" issue. Come on guys. How often has this occurred? If it were a situation that happened 2 or 3 times a year, year after year, then it would be an issue. Of all the years I have been following the Bears, before a few of you were even a twinkle in your parents eye, I have not heard of this happening before. It is unfortunate that on a season when time is of an essence and other events occurred causing interruptions in our practice schedule that it should happen but I do not think the outcome on one single game, preseason or regular, will be effected by this power outage.

It is a "non" issue. Come on guys. How often has this occurred? If it were a situation that happened 2 or 3 times a year, year after year, then it would be an issue. Of all the years I have been following the Bears, before a few of you were even a twinkle in your parents eye, I have not heard of this happening before. It is unfortunate that on a season when time is of an essence and other events occurred causing interruptions in our practice schedule that it should happen but I do not think the outcome on one single game, preseason or regular, will be effected by this power outage.

Pix my comments are based on an accumulative sum of events this year and as you stated in a year where it is actually "old school" and all teams have to get in shape at TC , I feel that it is imperative that we need to have as much practice time as possible. The fact that the team left Soldier Field when it was deemed unplayable and went through a practice back in Bourbonnais tells me they think that reps are very important to them. There are several additions on offense that I want all up to speed on the opening Sunday.

No issue with the power outage. It was a random thing and the field they went to is only a block or so away. Practicing some on the field turf at BBCHS was probably a good thing also. It's unfortunate that the fans that were there weren't allowed in to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised if they practice over there again since it's close and they can get a feel for preparing for games on that type of surface.

Right on Pix. This is just silly.

The turf was the Park District's fault. The lighting is Com Ed's fault. I hear the idea about the backup generator, but that is a ridiculous expense for something that could run the lights when all they had to do is move down the street.

We seriously need some football so people will quit bitching about stupid and meaningless sh!t.

Right on Pix. This is just silly.

The turf was the Park District's fault. The lighting is Com Ed's fault. I hear the idea about the backup generator, but that is a ridiculous expense for something that could run the lights when all they had to do is move down the street.

We seriously need some football so people will quit bitching about stupid and meaningless sh!t.

Thank you!!!

Peace :dabears

OMG This is uch a Non=issue I cant believe someone is bitc-ing about this. Lets see, JA's tie did not match Lovies sox. Holy crap Iam gonna stop watching the Bears.

Agreed. Seriously, who cares if the lights went out.

AON: Where are those Gestapo forum admins from the Bulls board. I seen them threaten to ban an OP for creating a topic with similar discussion merits.