Briggs wants new contract

flea

Maybe you can't blame him. Put it this way, maybe you WON'T blame him but I will. Anyone who makes that much money should have no money problems whether he has 2 or 10 kids. He may be a professional athlete but THIS is still the real world and he resides in it. I blame him because he knows he is hurting this team by acting like a petulant little prick. He signed a contract so far that has yielded him something like 5.2M each year for the last 3 years. Now that the amount is decreasing, he has an issue. He signed the contract now it's time to honor it. I don't know what so be it means here but the only so be it I see in this equation is honor your contract Briggs. Period. He did great things for the Bears. The Bears have done great things for Briggs. So what. I wouldn't take a second for him either. I would take a player or players who are proven. No sense in letting Angelo waste another draft pick. Surely there are teams out there that need a WLB. If not, well then, Briggs knows what he's really worth.

People forget that football players are not ordinary people, as much as we make them out to be. Whether we like it or not, they get paid a lot of money to play a sport, and they're millionaries, and Briggs obviously feels like he only has 2 or 3 more years left in him, and he realizes all of his bonuses are gone. He wants an extra $2.5m per year, probably.

I can't blame him. He wants more money for his family. I believe he has 2 or 3 kids with 2 or 3 women. He f***ed up but he has a job in which he can afford that situation. Problem is, he now wants more money for his future. So be it.

Briggs did great things for this franchise, and maybe by February, we're talking about him helping the Bears bring a championship to Chicago.

If they can get a 2nd round pick for him, I'd be all for it.

Let me be the 100000th to say that the timing sucks, though. If you know you want a trade in the offseason, just wait until then. There is no need to be a potential distraction.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is story that relates,

My father was at a wedding for one of his workers from the steel mill, He saw his old union rep there and they started to talk. My father being salary was no longer a union member so he askked the rep "what you asking for this year?" His response " Dont really know, but we will think of something"

Now being that is for an average wage of 20 dollars an hour jobs, saeeing this from a millionaire is really quite sickening. Just figure that we get rid of him before he infects the rest of the team. Forte deseves the cash , Briggs already got it, so screw him.