After 3 Games

adam

No game is a gimme with our offensive offense.

CAR is proving to be a team that will play you tough. Detroit is the darling of the season and will be very tough. Tampa is proving to be a tough team. lastly, Minny has to beat someone int eh grand scheme...and those wins tend to happen in divisional games. I am worried for all of those games.

2-2 could be the record. But 3-4 is pretty crummy in the division and conference we're in.

Looks like we could go 2-2 in those next 4. We should definitely beat Carolina and Minnesota but Detroit is already better than we are and we play Tampa in foreign territory.

No game is a gimme with our offensive offense.

CAR is proving to be a team that will play you tough. Detroit is the darling of the season and will be very tough. Tampa is proving to be a tough team. lastly, Minny has to beat someone int eh grand scheme...and those wins tend to happen in divisional games. I am worried for all of those games.

2-2 could be the record. But 3-4 is pretty crummy in the division and conference we're in.

If we lose to Carolina and then to Detroit, we might as well just fold the tent and start aligning ourselves some better draft position. I'd like to think this Bears team will have enough sense of urgency to really start stringing together a couple of W's because we are already 3 games behind both Detroit and GB in the standings. We can't afford to lose too many more games this early in the season.

According to many pundits before the season started, we're in the best division in football. Detroit is 3-0 and Chicago and GB both battled it out for NFC champion last year. I remember thinking I thought I'd never hear that. Before the season I think people had some respect for the Vikings too, though now that Minny is 0-3 they might adjust their opinions.

The problem is that its ok to struggle in a poor division (see last year's Seahawks); we don't get that luxury. And maybe that's what you were getting at.

According to many pundits before the season started, we're in the best division in football. Detroit is 3-0 and Chicago and GB both battled it out for NFC champion last year. I remember thinking I thought I'd never hear that. Before the season I think people had some respect for the Vikings too, though now that Minny is 0-3 they might adjust their opinions.

The problem is that its ok to struggle in a poor division (see last year's Seahawks); we don't get that luxury. And maybe that's what you were getting at.

We are essentially 4 games behind GB due to the tie breaker right now and the obvious 2 behind the Kitty Cats. We better start stringing some W's together or JA will squander a high pick.

I had the Bears at 1-2, so as long as they can rattle off 4 straight wins (CAR, DET, MIN, TB) and go into the Bye at 5-2, I won't mind. Anything less will be a complete failure.

I told myself that 1-2 would not be that bad considering who we were playing. I really have a bad feeling about this season right now tho. I hope that changes next week.

1. Martz is not calling the same type of game that won so many games last year.

2. Oline is suppose to be a better run blocking group but we cant and dont run the ball.

3. Cutler really threw some horrible passes yesterday, passes that could have changed the whole game. Hit Williams on that Fly route instead of the INT we are talking about a whole different ball game. Is the beating he took last week and all last year getting into his head?

4. Roy Williams is turning out to be a joke. I hope its the injury and he can prove to be a wise pickup. Injuries can throw people off track.

I won't blame ownership.

Sorry, but if you look around the league, many teams have total shit ownership. And the funny thing is (in a sad way) so many of their fan bases make the same comments about not winning with their ownership.

Sure, you can blame ownership because they haven't fired everyone. But I prefer to focus on the "everyone".

The one good thing about how bad we look "might" be we could finally get changed so many of us have hoped for.

This team will continue to be a joke as long as the McCaskeys own it.

I'm sorry but I'm a traditionalist and this saying the team is a joke because of the ownership doesn't set well with me. The team was built by Papa Bear Halas. The team colors and history chosen by Halas. The players wear his initials on their jerseys as a symbol of respect. George chose a few things before his passing, Mike Ditka as Head Coach and his daughter Virginia to succeed him as owner. There have been good and bad times with the Bears throughout their history but one thing is constant, that there always has been a Halas somehow involved. That to me is cool, not a joke. What might be cool to others is unfortunate and if that be the case then maybe the Dolphins are more to your liking where JLo is part owner.

Agreed Alaska,

I better understood the hate against ownership when the team was in fact super cheap. We could get away with being cheap back in the day before FA. Halas was well known as being among the cheapest in football. But then came FA, and teams who spent simply did better. Players went for the big signing bonuses and upfront money, which we would not fork over, and thus we didn't get the top tier FA.

But those days have changed. For the last decade, this ownership has shelled out money in line with the big boys. I think it started with Brockemeyer, and has continued down the line with the likes of Peppers. They don't all pan out, but the team can't be called cheap today as we once did.

Further, I remember a time when we went a long stretch w/o a GM. Fans screamed to get a GM in here. No more "VP of player personnel" like Hatley. They wanted a man in charge, and got one.

Sure, you can blame ownership because Angelo/Lovie et al still have jobs, but I don't buy the ownership hate. Look around the league. There are some really really bad owners out there. You should hear the Jerry Jones hate here in Dallas. Snyder in Wash. Should I even mention Oakland? Even the Rooneys in Pitt, while mostley loved, often get hate because they are simply so cheap. Like no team I know of, they lose quality players in FA because they are too cheap to pay them.

So I don't hate on our ownership like some. Maybe because I don't live in Chicago, I've seen how bad owners are around the league. To me, a big problem is, too many times we are at a deciding point in terms of coach/gm, only to see them have a good season. Thus we continue with the status quo. How often have we seen the team do well in the coaches final season, or a year when they are on the chopping block, only to be re-signed, whether it be Jaroun or Lovie. Ditto Angelo.

I want to clean house. I have NEVER liked Angelo, and think he, not ownership, is out #1 problem. Get a new GM, and let that GM hire a new coaching staff. For those who say ownership will never pull the trigger, let me ask this. Were you also in the group that said we would never eat part of Jauron's contract? We were part of the group that said this ownership wouldn't hire a GM? Were you in the group that said we would never get the big name FAs because we were too cheap?

It may not always be on our time line, but that doesn't mean our ownership won't make the changes we want/hope to see.

I'm sorry but I'm a traditionalist and this saying the team is a joke because of the ownership doesn't set well with me. The team was built by Papa Bear Halas. The team colors and history chosen by Halas. The players wear his initials on their jerseys as a symbol of respect. George chose a few things before his passing, Mike Ditka as Head Coach and his daughter Virginia to succeed him as owner. There have been good and bad times with the Bears throughout their history but one thing is constant, that there always has been a Halas somehow involved. That to me is cool, not a joke. What might be cool to others is unfortunate and if that be the case then maybe the Dolphins are more to your liking where JLo is part owner.

I blame.

Everyone. Top to bottom. Barring a handful of players and one coach in Toub.

I won't blame ownership.

Sorry, but if you look around the league, many teams have total shit ownership. And the funny thing is (in a sad way) so many of their fan bases make the same comments about not winning with their ownership.

Sure, you can blame ownership because they haven't fired everyone. But I prefer to focus on the "everyone".

The one good thing about how bad we look "might" be we could finally get changed so many of us have hoped for.

Not to sound too much of a downer here, but is there truly anything we can do about anything besides just discuss among ourselves? Isn't that why we're all here?

We can only vote with our dollars, and even if every single poster here boycotted with their money and sent endless e-mails, none of it would catch the attention of anyone in power.

My anger is focussed. It's focussed on everything that makes me angry! :P

Fine, but I'd rather focus my anger/energy on that which we have a chance to do something about.

Disagree all you want, but telling people on this board to be Dolphins fans is weak stuff Alaska... You know that comment was out of line and completely irrelevant to the discussion. You had a lovely reasonable argument until you completley soured it at the end.

Disagree all you want, but telling people on this board to be Dolphins fans is weak stuff Alaska... You know that comment was out of line and completely irrelevant to the discussion. You had a lovely reasonable argument until you completley soured it at the end.

Sorry. It was called comparitive reasoning. You don't have to like it but that is how i was rationalizing my disdain for showing disrespect. If I offended you in doing so, then my apologies. But as you said yourself we are all here to express our frustration or jubilation.

I'm Alaskan Grizzly and I support this message. :bears

When management makes a decision that we disagree with, we rip it. That's what we do, just because the McCaskey part of the Halas tradition keeps giving us ammo to rip, doesn't mean we don't respect Papa Bear or anything he did. Even if we had community ownership like GB, we would bitch about the moves the majority made that we didn't agree with.

But to bring up JLo...that's just low...Her music, not her, sucks balls and her acting pleases no-one. However, bringing her into ownership would be a morale boost for the O-Line, because FINALLY, the would collectively have more talent than her...LOL.

:dabears :dabears :dabears

Jo-L jokes aside, I think you all are missing his point a bit. He isn't ripping Bear fans for criticizing, or even flat out attacking Bears players, management, etc. He is commenting on fans who not only blame ownership, but say they want new ownership. Who say they want Virginia to sell and go away. Stuff like that. His point is he takes pride, and so should we, in that we have the same ownership (family) who was in charge at the start of football. Just just the start of the team, but the start of football. That history warrants a lot of respect, and I agree, that respect is too often lost today.

Will I trash Mikey and family at times. Absoletely. But am I calling for Mark Cuban to buy the team. Fuk no!

When management makes a decision that we disagree with, we rip it. That's what we do, just because the McCaskey part of the Halas tradition keeps giving us ammo to rip, doesn't mean we don't respect Papa Bear or anything he did. Even if we had community ownership like GB, we would bitch about the moves the majority made that we didn't agree with.

But to bring up JLo...that's just low...Her music, not her, sucks balls and her acting pleases no-one. However, bringing her into ownership would be a morale boost for the O-Line, because FINALLY, the would collectively have more talent than her...LOL.

:dabears :dabears :dabears

This team is owned by incompetents. Anyone who would argue otherwise has simply has been living in a cave. That doesn't mean they haven't made some decent moves. The incompetence comes in the form of who they've entrusted this organization to. Ted Phillips, Jerry Angelo for starters. We'll get to Lovie in another thread. This one belongs to Angelo. The incompetence of handing over the reigns to Phillips and Angelo was compounded by ignoring that THEY had become the problem. Failed draft after failed draft. Bringing in a thoroughbred QB and surrounding him with garbage. Angelo's INSANE belief that the QB will make everyone around them better therefore don't worry about building a line to protect him and giving him competent WRs who can actually run good routes, get open and catch the ball consistently. Even on defense, going to the bargain basement looking for safteties because the ones you drafted aren't cutting it. We passed on Palomalu and ended up with Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman. Meanwhile we all know how Palomalu fared.

Had Mugsy Halas lived, perhaps things would have been different. Maybe they wouldn't have. He was afterall his father's son but let's all remember that it was Mugsy who brought in Finks to be GM who had the best draft in Bears history I believe in 83 when he got Covert, Gault, Bortz, Thayer, Dent, Duerson, Richadrson. Let's also remember that it has been only in recent years that the McCaskey's spent that money. It's not like they opened the checkbook to build the 85 team. That team was built through the draft. I commend George Halas for getting back to letting a GM run the org. I fault Mike McCaskey for singleheadedly dismantling a legendary team that won a SB in 85 and I disdain his idiot mother for allowing him, against her fathers wishes, to run the team. That said, the incompetence of allowing Angelo and Phillips to stay is simply beyond understanding given the epic draft failings and bad FA acquisitions.

Every other organization in football understands that the olds days of great defense and workable offense wins championships is dead. Offenses today are prolific and must be cultivated. You don't stumble upon them. In closing, The McCaskeys can be the biggest idiots in the world but they don't have to make matters worse by employing the likes of Phillips and Angelo. Phillips has fulfilled his destiny anyway. Once he got the stadium deal, he should have been given his golden parachute and a thank-you and been sent on his way for a REAL football maven.

I won't blame ownership.

great points...

This team is owned by incompetents. Anyone who would argue otherwise has simply has been living in a cave. That doesn't mean they haven't made some decent moves. The incompetence comes in the form of who they've entrusted this organization to. Ted Phillips, Jerry Angelo for starters. We'll get to Lovie in another thread. This one belongs to Angelo. The incompetence of handing over the reigns to Phillips and Angelo was compounded by ignoring that THEY had become the problem. Failed draft after failed draft. Bringing in a thoroughbred QB and surrounding him with garbage. Angelo's INSANE belief that the QB will make everyone around them better therefore don't worry about building a line to protect him and giving him competent WRs who can actually run good routes, get open and catch the ball consistently. Even on defense, going to the bargain basement looking for safteties because the ones you drafted aren't cutting it. We passed on Palomalu and ended up with Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman. Meanwhile we all know how Palomalu fared.

Had Mugsy Halas lived, perhaps things would have been different. Maybe they wouldn't have. He was afterall his father's son but let's all remember that it was Mugsy who brought in Finks to be GM who had the best draft in Bears history I believe in 83 when he got Covert, Gault, Bortz, Thayer, Dent, Duerson, Richadrson. Let's also remember that it has been only in recent years that the McCaskey's spent that money. It's not like they opened the checkbook to build the 85 team. That team was built through the draft. I commend George Halas for getting back to letting a GM run the org. I fault Mike McCaskey for singleheadedly dismantling a legendary team that won a SB in 85 and I disdain his idiot mother for allowing him, against her fathers wishes, to run the team. That said, the incompetence of allowing Angelo and Phillips to stay is simply beyond understanding given the epic draft failings and bad FA acquisitions.

Every other organization in football understands that the olds days of great defense and workable offense wins championships is dead. Offenses today are prolific and must be cultivated. You don't stumble upon them. In closing, The McCaskeys can be the biggest idiots in the world but they don't have to make matters worse by employing the likes of Phillips and Angelo. Phillips has fulfilled his destiny anyway. Once he got the stadium deal, he should have been given his golden parachute and a thank-you and been sent on his way for a REAL football maven.