Don't believe the hype...

madlithuanian

Im not sure what was on the video as I can't get it to play. But the Lions are a team to be concerned with. Not sure of the "hype" but I'm starting to think they could be pretty legit. With players like Johnson, Stafford, Pettigrew, Best, Raiola, Fairley, Suh and Tulluch they certainly have been doing some pretty sound building. I had thought they were about another year from doing real well but now loom large in the division. They will be looking to put on a good show next Monday at the Bears expense.

Will the Bears prevail? Perhaps but they will definitely know they played a game.

Old school Public Enemy jam, "Don't Believe the Hype"....

I'm not sure a soul here is not taking them seriously. But it's a good thing that the pressure is square on them nationally to look "great" against us. Vegas has them as 6.5 pt. favorites.

We are supposed to lose. But, we do have their number... And we have Peppers, the China Doll breaker... Break some Stafford, Julius, break some...

Im not sure what was on the video as I can't get it to play. But the Lions are a team to be concerned with. Not sure of the "hype" but I'm starting to think they could be pretty legit. With players like Johnson, Stafford, Pettigrew, Best, Raiola, Fairley, Suh and Tulluch they certainly have been doing some pretty sound building. I had thought they were about another year from doing real well but now loom large in the division. They will be looking to put on a good show next Monday at the Bears expense.

Will the Bears prevail? Perhaps but they will definitely know they played a game.

After watching the Lions last week...they put up a p*** poor performance for most of the game, first half in particular. Stafford and the running game both were really ineffective, the Cowboys didn't hit him a ton but got close enough to him.

The only guy for the Lions who really impressed that whole game was Calvin Johnson, obviously.

Tony Romo literally gift-wrapped them that game.

While I'll admit drinking that drinking kool-aid is quite delicious poison laced or not, but "hype" and "2011 Detroit Lions" don't exaclty mix in my opinion.

How many times in the past would one believe that the LIONS down 20+ points at half time would come back and win the game? Let alone twice?!?! If anyone said yes, you're a liar.

The Lions are a good, resilient, young, and talented team. They made adjustments at the half to obviously win the games. They made the plays and busted their asses.

With that being said, we can all just hope that the Lions are on the receiving end of blowing a 20 point lead tonight.

Go BEARS!

While I'll admit drinking that drinking kool-aid is quite delicious poison laced or not, but "hype" and "2011 Detroit Lions" don't exaclty mix in my opinion.

How many times in the past would one believe that the LIONS down 20+ points at half time would come back and win the game? Let alone twice?!?! If anyone said yes, you're a liar.

The Lions are a good, resilient, young, and talented team. They made adjustments at the half to obviously win the games. They made the plays and busted their asses.

With that being said, we can all just hope that the Lions are on the receiving end of blowing a 20 point lead tonight.

Go BEARS!

So your saying that the poor play that both their last two opponents had in those second halves didn't contribute to those two wins?

Yes Detroit is improved but there are some chinks in their armor. Some of their fans have been chirping big time on whatever blogs you come across. I'm not one to get caught up in all that trash talking but I hope the Bears beat the crap out of the Lions tonight.

So your saying that the poor play that both their last two opponents had in those second halves didn't contribute to those two wins?

Yes Detroit is improved but there are some chinks in their armor. Some of their fans have been chirping big time on whatever blogs you come across. I'm not one to get caught up in all that trash talking but I hope the Bears beat the crap out of the Lions tonight.

Easy there, we're on the same side. I do hope the Bears win tonight too but I don't want us to delude ourselves into thinking the Lions are all "hype". The Lions are a dangerous team as proven by their second half adjustments and winning games that some NFL teams couldn't do FWIW. I'm just saying it'll be a good game but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears go out tonight and get hammered. The Lions are playing in their first MNF game in years and are off to a hot start. Their fans will be off the wall crazy too. It may be a hyperbole but it could be Superdome-esque.

GO BEARS!

There's somuch room for debate...

On one side, who have they beaten? Tampa? Outside shot playoff contender last season...look to be stuggling this season. KC? They are bad. Minny? They have been bad and are bad. If not for an epic collapse, they may have just beaten DET. Dallas? same as Minny. Now, much of their come-back prowess has to be given credit. They did it. Good teams find ways to win. Bad ones, ways to lose. So, they must be given credit.

Then again, who have we beaten? CAR ATL. Car was better than expected, and ATL not so much. We lost handily to 2 of the best teams in the league right now. And both, coming off year to year SB wins. But, we weren't really that competitive in those 2 games.

This is a true test.

How bad do we want it?

I know I want it! The Bears are ready to make a statment! ...I just hope it's a statement in our favor!

And we have to be honest with ourselves, the Lions should have won that first game last year in Chicago. Megaton was cheated on a TD. And that sometimes is enough motivation in and of itself.

I'm concerned. I am placated in knowing Harris will be back. Hopefully Meriweather will start alongside him to aid in deep coverage. The key will be getting to Stafford and stopping Johnson from catching... Anything.

I feel the Bears offense will be mediocre. And it will be enough as the Defense plays up.

Whoa! Harris is back? I was thinking he was out! That's awesome!

We will soon see who has more motivation... I hope it's us!

And we have to be honest with ourselves, the Lions should have won that first game last year in Chicago. Megaton was cheated on a TD. And that sometimes is enough motivation in and of itself.

I'm concerned. I am placated in knowing Harris will be back. Hopefully Meriweather will start alongside him to aid in deep coverage. The key will be getting to Stafford and stopping Johnson from catching... Anything.

I feel the Bears offense will be mediocre. And it will be enough as the Defense plays up.