Cutler

OmahaBear

That was an absolutely embarrassing performance by the Bears tonight. We need serious help at 15 of the 22 starting positions, not to mention depth. This season is a tribute to an egotistical GM and egotistical coach who refused to believe they needed to do anything different. I think we will be lucky if we are 8-8 this year. What a waste of another season of Jay Cutler's career...

I agree

That was an absolutely embarrassing performance by the Bears tonight. We need serious help at 15 of the 22 starting positions, not to mention depth. This season is a tribute to an egotistical GM and egotistical coach who refused to believe they needed to do anything different. I think we will be lucky if we are 8-8 this year. What a waste of another season of Jay Cutler's career...

I agree

I honestly don't think we will win 8 games. 7 is stretching it.

Minnesota W (3)

TB L

Philly W (4)

Detroit L

SD L

Oak L (Because it's a later game on FOX)

KC W (5)

Den L

Sea W (6)

GB L

Min W (7) only because it will put us in the middle 10 of the draft rather than the upper 10

We need to clean house because we absolutely suck balls and this performance was down right pathetic.

Minnesota W (3)

TB L

Philly W (4)

Detroit L

SD L

KC W (5)

Den L

Sea W (6)

GB L

Min W (7) only because it will put us in the middle 10 of the draft rather than the upper 10

We need to clean house because we absolutely suck balls and this performance was down right pathetic.

Even for how bad we are playing, we have some very winnable games. SD, DET, and GB are the only really tough games remaining.

Even for how bad we are playing, we have some very winnable games. SD, DET, and GB are the only really tough games remaining.

I agree, which worries me. Because then the Bears will skate by, the management will probably think all is great, all the coaches will probably get extensions, and we'll have a virtual repeat of everything from this year. The following could easily happen:

Minnesota W (3)

TB W (4)

Philly L

Detroit W (5)

SD L

Oak L

KC W (6)

Den W (7)

Sea W (8)

GB L

Min W (9)

That does nothing but give the Bears an early exit in the playoffs and a middle-late draft pick.

The only games I think we would be favored in are MIN, KC, Den and SEA. And MIN could beat us given the divisional compnent, KC could surprise, Den could be revived with Tebow, and SEA is playing better as of late.

Nothing is a gimme. Especially when you have no line on O or D.

Minnesota W (3)

TB L

Philly W (4)

Detroit L

SD L

KC W (5)

Den L

Sea W (6)

GB L

Yup. That is my fear as well.

I agree, which worries me. Because then the Bears will skate by, the management will probably think all is great, all the coaches will probably get extensions, and we'll have a virtual repeat of everything from this year. The following could easily happen:

Minnesota W (3)

TB W (4)

Philly L

Detroit W (5)

SD L

Oak L

KC W (6)

Den W (7)

Sea W (8)

GB L

Min W (9)

That does nothing but give the Bears an early exit in the playoffs and a middle-late draft pick.

I honestly feel sorry for him. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he said screw it and walked out on this team.

The guy has wasted three years of his prime in Chicago. He's gotten zero protection and the Bears have provided him with no weapons, other than Forte, and he could be even better if it weren't for our crappy line. Its really sad and its time that Angelo gets fired for these problems.

No, I don't blame Lovie Smith at all for this. Angelo failed.

The game Cutler played last night was insane. I really don't think any QB in the league could have done what Jay did. He would have had only 3 incompletes despite having time to set his foot maybe 2 to 3 times all night. Other than that, the other 7 or so passes not caught were drops. Sanz had at least 2, Hester dropped a TD, etc.

Emotions are running high after Monday's loss, to say the least. Jay had a great night, but let's not forget it was just the week before that he sucked. The same but opposite could be said for the offensive line. This isn't a consistent team and any one week's snapshot just isn't going to be representative, and that includes the D not allowing any real points except due to big plays.

With respect to the D, there was plenty of bend AND break going on last night but then I've seen the bend but don't break work exactly as planned too...it's how we beat the Falcons. I went over the Falcons forums and saw their fans lamenting putting up yards but just no points.

I'm sorry. Yeah, Cutler looked off last week for sure. But the O line did not look good. They have yet to look good in any pass rotection except the odd Atlanta game.

The Falcons are not a good team. Beating them should not make us feel happy.

Emotions are running high after Monday's loss, to say the least. Jay had a great night, but let's not forget it was just the week before that he sucked. The same but opposite could be said for the offensive line. This isn't a consistent team and any one week's snapshot just isn't going to be representative, and that includes the D not allowing any real points except due to big plays.

With respect to the D, there was plenty of bend AND break going on last night but then I've seen the bend but don't break work exactly as planned too...it's how we beat the Falcons. I went over the Falcons forums and saw their fans lamenting putting up yards but just no points.

I'm sorry. Yeah, Cutler looked off last week for sure. But the O line did not look good. They have yet to look good in any pass rotection except the odd Atlanta game.

The Falcons are not a good team. Beating them should not make us feel happy.

Pass protection maybe still not 'good', yeah, but they only allowed 1 sack (and Frank got pulled for it) and dominated the run game. It'd be crazy unfair not to call it good overall...I think Noots gave 'em a B+. And they were not to blame for Cutler's poor game that week. Obviously that doesn't make cutler bad or our oline secretly good, nor was it my point, it just means I think I supported my argument well when I said not to judge this team purely by a snapshot of Monday night.

EDIT: I want to add that I wouldn't give JA or Lovie better than a C+ grade over the years myself (you have to consider the record and a SB appearance...but also that they inherited Urlacher/Briggs/Tillman and made the SB in a weak year...and lost to the Pack twice last year, simultaneously losing us another SB appearance and giving the Pack a SB). I just think there's enough blame to throw around without hyperbole fueled by last Monday night. And I think its hard to win in the NFL. For every winner there's a loser. That's a lot of losers.

You're letting numbers cloud what you saw. Cutler was harrassed endlessly. he was hit a ton of times. Just becasue it's not an official sack, doesn't mean all was great. The Panthers minyou, have one of the worst rush defenses...probably now one better than us! We gashed them last year. It's not an appropriate barometer. Seriously, if you think Monday night was the only bad pass protection game the O line had, you haven't been watching many games. I get that you're trying to give them credit for the running game...but I think you're simply rationalizing. Part of the reason for our run success is that teams are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at sacking Cutler. One in a while, your RB will get past the initial wave...and trhat's where Forte is getting a lot fo his yards. Yet, when they knew we were going to run in the 3-1 and 4-1...they stopped it cold.

There sure is a lot of balme to go around. Over the years, I've spewed my bile about JA and Smith to fill enough pages that would rival "War & Peace". All I'm saying now is that it's simply time for a re-set. They have run their course. It has been a good run. Not good enough, but good. We'll take some great memories of games and plays to log into the memory banks, but it is time to try something different and hopefully much better.

Pass protection maybe still not 'good', yeah, but they only allowed 1 sack (and Frank got pulled for it) and dominated the run game. It'd be crazy unfair not to call it good overall...I think Noots gave 'em a B+. And they were not to blame for Cutler's poor game that week. Obviously that doesn't make cutler bad or our oline secretly good, nor was it my point, it just means I think I supported my argument well when I said not to judge this team purely by a snapshot of Monday night.

EDIT: I want to add that I wouldn't give JA or Lovie better than a C+ grade over the years myself (you have to consider the record and a SB appearance...but also that they inherited Urlacher/Briggs/Tillman and made the SB in a weak year...and lost to the Pack twice last year, simultaneously losing us another SB appearance and giving the Pack a SB). I just think there's enough blame to throw around without hyperbole fueled by last Monday night. And I think its hard to win in the NFL. For every winner there's a loser. That's a lot of losers.

You're letting numbers cloud what you saw. Cutler was harrassed endlessly. he was hit a ton of times. Just becasue it's not an official sack, doesn't mean all was great. The Panthers minyou, have one of the worst rush defenses...probably now one better than us! We gashed them last year. It's not an appropriate barometer. Seriously, if you think Monday night was the only bad pass protection game the O line had, you haven't been watching many games. I get that you're trying to give them credit for the running game...but I think you're simply rationalizing. Part of the reason for our run success is that teams are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at sacking Cutler. One in a while, your RB will get past the initial wave...and trhat's where Forte is getting a lot fo his yards. Yet, when they knew we were going to run in the 3-1 and 4-1...they stopped it cold.

There sure is a lot of balme to go around. Over the years, I've spewed my bile about JA and Smith to fill enough pages that would rival "War & Peace". All I'm saying now is that it's simply time for a re-set. They have run their course. It has been a good run. Not good enough, but good. We'll take some great memories of games and plays to log into the memory banks, but it is time to try something different and hopefully much better.

Thank you for saving me the time of replying. Anyone rationalizing this OL into something other than "one of, if not the worst in the NFL" is either not watching the games or completely lying to themselves.

Thank you for saving me the time of replying. Anyone rationalizing this OL into something other than "one of, if not the worst in the NFL" is either not watching the games or completely lying to themselves.

They're not even worthy to be in the NFL after that performance. I was truly ashamed of that display they put on. The referees needed new whistles after all thos false starts.

I gotta say, when I watch these Bears games I think to myself I know when I see a week where Jay was harassed incessantly, and I know when he wasn't, because when he is it's so bad and a clear difference. Yet with some of you, your memory in retrospect is that its every week. You may think you're just being tough and everyone else is a softie, but what you're really doing is diminishing the ones that are real stinkers by lumping them in all together.

I have a problem with anything that feels false and a pet peeve that if you're right, you don't need to exaggerate to prove it. Anything less than the truth is at best misguided. If other Ds throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Jay in terms of pass rush means we allow one sack and rack up 200+ yds rushing...I'll take that happily every week.

It wasn't my intention to make it seem numbers guide my opinion. My opinion is always guided primarily with what I see on the field. I just thought (since you're not likely to re-watch the game) that it might give you pause to think if it were presented to you how unlikely it is that 1 sack allowed a game by a single numbnutz could compare to 6 sacks in a half and the like. The difference is significant. In my opinion, a coach who can't tell the difference won't last very long.

Also I don't get that bit about rationalizing. I've heard it before and I always think 'yes, thank you. being rational is kind of the point.'

I think you are simply grading on a curve. Jay has been harassed in every game really other than Atlanta. Some more than others. The OL play has been bad. Again, some worse than others. We aren't talking about offensive line performances that are ranging between and A and an F...it's like C (at best) and F.

NO threw everything at us. I honestly can't recall CAR...but I know DET didn't. They pretty much rushed 4, and hit Jay a lot. Not a lot of sacks, but he was hurried, flushed, and hit a ton. The stats don't tell the whole story. Otherwise top stat teams would always win the Super Bowl.

Apparently we watched the same games and came up with different conclusions. I don't like what I see. Sacks are generally worse than hits, but not always. The pure stats don't paint the whole picture. What happened in NY last year and what happened on Monday were different. But, both were poor performances by the OL no matter how you slice it. Again, one worse than the other, but both bad. Are you used to such shoddy play that only the most greivous performances warrant criticism?

I gotta say, when I watch these Bears games I think to myself I know when I see a week where Jay was harassed incessantly, and I know when he wasn't, because when he is it's so bad and a clear difference. Yet with some of you, your memory in retrospect is that its every week. You may think you're just being tough and everyone else is a softie, but what you're really doing is diminishing the ones that are real stinkers by lumping them in all together.

I have a problem with anything that feels false and a pet peeve that if you're right, you don't need to exaggerate to prove it. Anything less than the truth is at best misguided. If other Ds throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Jay in terms of pass rush means we allow one sack and rack up 200+ yds rushing...I'll take that happily every week.

It wasn't my intention to make it seem numbers guide my opinion. My opinion is always guided primarily with what I see on the field. I just thought (since you're not likely to re-watch the game) that it might give you pause to think if it were presented to you how unlikely it is that 1 sack allowed a game by a single numbnutz could compare to 6 sacks in a half and the like. The difference is significant. In my opinion, a coach who can't tell the difference won't last very long.

Also I don't get that bit about rationalizing. I've heard it before and I always think 'yes, thank you. being rational is kind of the point.'

Ding Ding Jason and the one poster who likes to question us by asking some bogus question like "What plays did you think that O-line was the worst in the NFL?" has been conspicuosly quiet on the O-line subject.

I have watched a lot of bad Bears teams in my 45 years of watching and this by far is the very worst line they have ever had. Even in the year when they went 1-13 and lost the coin flip for Terry Bradshaw but had a 1000 yd rusher (Sayers) even though everyone knew he was going to get the ball. The other talent on that team except for a HOF MLB, a solid OLB and an ok CB was it.

Ding Ding Jason and the one poster who likes to question us by asking some bogus question like "What plays did you think that O-line was the worst in the NFL?" has been conspicuosly quiet on the O-line subject.

I have watched a lot of bad Bears teams in my 45 years of watching and this by far is the very worst line they have ever had. Even in the year when they went 1-13 and lost the coin flip for Terry Bradshaw but had a 1000 yd rusher (Sayers) even though everyone knew he was going to get the ball. The other talent on that team except for a HOF MLB, a solid OLB and an ok CB was it.

How much do you think the OC factors into the line looking like a putrid mess?