Sum up your thoughts here..

Ed Hochuli 3:16

1. MadLith- I love your posts, but today is a game that I could make an argument that Hester lost for the Bears. His presence did nothing today. The Bears never got great field position on punts because of him. He would've had a 0 yard catch but instead ran backwards for a loss of 6. He dropped an easy TD. Yes, he made a tough catch, but again, he ran on that kick-off, caught it, and went out at the 6. He's a moron, and if a team wants to give the Bears a 2nd and a 4th for him, be my guest. I'll drive his expensive, wasteful a** to the airport.

2. Is anyone still questioning Cutler now? Dude's a beast. It's a shame his career has come to this. He would've won a Super Bowl in 2009 with McDaniels. Shame.

3. This goes back to #3, but JA should be canned. He has done d**k to help Cutler's progress. Great job trading up for Stephen Paea. I think he'll be a solid DT one day, but they could've used that on a decent WR or OG.

4. Carimi couldn't come back any sooner. Omiyale should be charged with the attempted murder of Cutler. Webb is trash, too.

5. Urlacher and Briggs were MIA today, and Peppers (although he got hurt) was once again invisible. Melton (also again) was nowhere to be found. Anthony Adams and Matt Toeaina are garbage, BTW. And, if Chris Harris was 75% today, then he should've just sat again. For the record, Meriweather is horrible.

6. Matt Forte is a beast. Big ups to him (again).

7. Jahvid Best had like 60 yards all season, and had about 160 today. Great job preparing YOUR defense, Lovie. All week Lovie talked about how this is a must-win and HIS "great" LB's didn't show up and neither did HIS d-line.

8. Why did Lovie go for it on that 4th and 1? They had a chance to go up 3-0 in a hostile environment. But since he didn't and chose to go for it, where the f*** was Barber? If they're not going to use him on a 4th and 1, why is he even on the team?

All in all-

GOOD: Cutler, Forte

BAD: Everyone else (no joke, coaches included)

1. Ha! No way! Hester didn't help, I agree... But Hester should also not be foreced into the O like he is by JA and Smith. he should just be returning kicks and punts and line up on O every once in a while for an odd play or 2. But the O line and D completely lost the game for us. Hester can't be miracle man every week. If we didn't have him, we'd be 1-4. If you drive him to the airport, I'm picking him back up and driving him back! ;)

2-8. 100% agree

:cheers

1. MadLith- I love your posts, but today is a game that I could make an argument that Hester lost for the Bears. His presence did nothing today. The Bears never got great field position on punts because of him. He would've had a 0 yard catch but instead ran backwards for a loss of 6. He dropped an easy TD. Yes, he made a tough catch, but again, he ran on that kick-off, caught it, and went out at the 6. He's a moron, and if a team wants to give the Bears a 2nd and a 4th for him, be my guest. I'll drive his expensive, wasteful a** to the airport.

2. Is anyone still questioning Cutler now? Dude's a beast. It's a shame his career has come to this. He would've won a Super Bowl in 2009 with McDaniels. Shame.

3. This goes back to #3, but JA should be canned. He has done d**k to help Cutler's progress. Great job trading up for Stephen Paea. I think he'll be a solid DT one day, but they could've used that on a decent WR or OG.

4. Carimi couldn't come back any sooner. Omiyale should be charged with the attempted murder of Cutler. Webb is trash, too.

5. Urlacher and Briggs were MIA today, and Peppers (although he got hurt) was once again invisible. Melton (also again) was nowhere to be found. Anthony Adams and Matt Toeaina are garbage, BTW. And, if Chris Harris was 75% today, then he should've just sat again. For the record, Meriweather is horrible.

6. Matt Forte is a beast. Big ups to him (again).

7. Jahvid Best had like 60 yards all season, and had about 160 today. Great job preparing YOUR defense, Lovie. All week Lovie talked about how this is a must-win and HIS "great" LB's didn't show up and neither did HIS d-line.

8. Why did Lovie go for it on that 4th and 1? They had a chance to go up 3-0 in a hostile environment. But since he didn't and chose to go for it, where the f*** was Barber? If they're not going to use him on a 4th and 1, why is he even on the team?

All in all-

GOOD: Cutler, Forte

BAD: Everyone else (no joke, coaches included)

1. The OL sucks. This is not up for debate.

2. JA should at least be on the hot seat for not addressing the problem.

2a. Tice should be on the hot seat for not producing more.

2b. Martz should be on the hot seat for not calling plays that mask the inadequacies of Tice and JA, but he shouldn't be blamed as much.

3. The cover-2 defense, or whatever variation the Bears run, is flawed and has been for quite some time.

4. The Bears still don't have a FS. They have a bunch of SS wannabes.

5. Marinelli is not a DL genius. If anything, the Bears have regressed under his tutelage.

6. Lovie and his staff are player's coaches, meaning the players love playing under them. Most likely it's because they are moderately demanding, and choose to be friends first and coaches second.

7. Omiyale should be cut. ASAP.

8. Webb should be told he's close to being cut.

9. Hester should be exclusively used on kickoffs and punts. Enough with the WR stuff. Concentrate on your specialty, and remember to run forward, not laterally.

10. The Bears + MNF = Bad Games. This seems to have been the truth for quite some time.

1. Ha! No way! Hester didn't help, I agree... But Hester should also not be foreced into the O like he is by JA and Smith. he should just be returning kicks and punts and line up on O every once in a while for an odd play or 2. But the O line and D completely lost the game for us. Hester can't be miracle man every week. If we didn't have him, we'd be 1-4. If you drive him to the airport, I'm picking him back up and driving him back! ;)

2-8. 100% agree

:cheers

I was disgusted the whole game. Cutler played his ass off and the ESPN crew actually did a great job pointing that out so kudos to them.

Jay and Forte...If it wasn't for them, we would have gotten our asses handed to us 30-0. If I were them two, I'd leave as long as JA is in charge. Unless they're playing for the money, it's like getting in the ring with Tyson in his prime.

I was excited about Harris playing tonight...HORRIBLE. It like going on a date with the girl you've wanted for a long time then when you finally get a chance with her, she has a fake leg.

Hester...DAMMIT!!! Catch the ball. If you absolutely cannot make a play, don't force it!!!!

OLINE...They know the damn snap count...they're in the huddle when Cutler tells them...WTF?!!! Omiyale has to be the absolute worst player in Bear history if not NFL history. He can't play dead. He is a disgrace and should've been cut before he showered after the game.

The defense, I hate to say it...is way past it's prime. Yes, the DB's suck but we always had LB play. Tonight, the LB core looked old. Jahvid Best rushed for a buck sixty and looked amazing.

I will give props to DJ Moore. Nice pick and and a huge tackle on 3rd down.

Coaching staff...what a collective bunch of morons. How do you burn a timeout, lose a challenge, not gain a single Goddamn yard, in a span of 4 seconds?

HORN THE WHOLE F'N TEAM NOOTS except Jay and Forte.

Well said 74!

I was disgusted the whole game. Cutler played his ass off and the ESPN crew actually did a great job pointing that out so kudos to them.

Jay and Forte...If it wasn't for them, we would have gotten our asses handed to us 30-0. If I were them two, I'd leave as long as JA is in charge. Unless they're playing for the money, it's like getting in the ring with Tyson in his prime.

I was excited about Harris playing tonight...HORRIBLE. It like going on a date with the girl you've wanted for a long time then when you finally get a chance with her, she has a fake leg.

Hester...DAMMIT!!! Catch the ball. If you absolutely cannot make a play, don't force it!!!!

OLINE...They know the damn snap count...they're in the huddle when Cutler tells them...WTF?!!! Omiyale has to be the absolute worst player in Bear history if not NFL history. He can't play dead. He is a disgrace and should've been cut before he showered after the game.

The defense, I hate to say it...is way past it's prime. Yes, the DB's suck but we always had LB play. Tonight, the LB core looked old. Jahvid Best rushed for a buck sixty and looked amazing.

I will give props to DJ Moore. Nice pick and and a huge tackle on 3rd down.

Coaching staff...what a collective bunch of morons. How do you burn a timeout, lose a challenge, not gain a single Goddamn yard, in a span of 4 seconds?

HORN THE WHOLE F'N TEAM NOOTS except Jay and Forte.

Spot on...

2b. Martz should be on the hot seat for not calling plays that mask the inadequacies of Tice and JA, but he shouldn't be blamed as much.

3. The cover-2 defense, or whatever variation the Bears run, is flawed and has been for quite some time.

5. Marinelli is not a DL genius. If anything, the Bears have regressed under his tutelage.

6. Lovie and his staff are player's coaches, meaning the players love playing under them. Most likely it's because they are moderately demanding, and choose to be friends first and coaches second.

9. Hester should be exclusively used on kickoffs and punts. Enough with the WR stuff. Concentrate on your specialty, and remember to run forward, not laterally.

10. The Bears + MNF = Bad Games. This seems to have been the truth for quite some time.

If that's the truth, then it shocks me.

It is. 6-1 until they lost last night. Lovie does very well in those games. By the way, I'm with Brian. I've always said Hester is overrated and I'd gladly take picks for him. I think our special teams is good because of Toub, not Hester. Hester is great, don't get me wrong, but I think Manning would have had near as many punt returns for TD's if he was the primary return man in his day and I think Knox could be similarly productive as well. I might be an idiot for saying it and I'm sure 99% of Bears fans would disagree with me but I don't think he is as special as others think (Toub and our blocking system is what is special).

On offense, wow. I've been saying for years our wideouts suck and I don't think I could have ever been more right. In an era where teams are loaded with offensive weapons, the Bears have Matt Forte and crap. Thats not to say I don't mind Knox, he's fine, but for pete sake, our wideouts wouldn't start on most teams. They'd be about the 6th best wideout on the Saints, Colts or Packers.

Manning is no Hester. Discount his contribution all you want, but don't belittle his greatness returning kicks by thinking anyone could do it. That kind of talent is simply not found as easily as you make it seem.

He just needs to be solely employed as a returner.

It is. 6-1 until they lost last night. Lovie does very well in those games. By the way, I'm with Brian. I've always said Hester is overrated and I'd gladly take picks for him. I think our special teams is good because of Toub, not Hester. Hester is great, don't get me wrong, but I think Manning would have had near as many punt returns for TD's if he was the primary return man in his day and I think Knox could be similarly productive as well. I might be an idiot for saying it and I'm sure 99% of Bears fans would disagree with me but I don't think he is as special as others think (Toub and our blocking system is what is special).

On offense, wow. I've been saying for years our wideouts suck and I don't think I could have ever been more right. In an era where teams are loaded with offensive weapons, the Bears have Matt Forte and crap. Thats not to say I don't mind Knox, he's fine, but for pete sake, our wideouts wouldn't start on most teams. They'd be about the 6th best wideout on the Saints, Colts or Packers.

Manning is no Hester. Discount his contribution all you want, but don't belittle his greatness returning kicks by thinking anyone could do it. That kind of talent is simply not found as easily as you make it seem.

Agreed. Best returner EVER!!! Wasn't even a WR at the U, why try it and why keep it when it's failed?

Hate our entire staff, with the exception of Toub. Angelo, Smith, Martz and Tice are ask on the hook for the OL. Its horrible when some of the posters on this board have been crying for OL for 4 plus years now and our staff can't see the need. The same can be said for more years of receiver ineptitude. I'm tired of being portrayed as being negative for being right. The ownership cheaped out on us this year, by pocketing millions at Cutlers expense. Then sent their sock puppet in front of the media to blow smoke up our asses to claim they did their due diligence. I love my team, but am overly discontent with the status quo. Lovie will once again escape unscathed by having the likes of Martz and Marinelli fall on the sword this off season. Angelo simply needs to retire. His reliving glory days of Tampa are archaic at best and his insistence on drafting unproven players in hopes of hitting the jackpot are insane. I dont know what else to say, yet my mind is full of words.

Good post Mongo...

Hate our entire staff, with the exception of Toub. Angelo, Smith, Martz and Tice are ask on the hook for the OL. Its horrible when some of the posters on this board have been crying for OL for 4 plus years now and our staff can't see the need. The same can be said for more years of receiver ineptitude. I'm tired of being portrayed as being negative for being right. The ownership cheaped out on us this year, by pocketing millions at Cutlers expense. Then sent their sock puppet in front of the media to blow smoke up our asses to claim they did their due diligence. I love my team, but am overly discontent with the status quo. Lovie will once again escape unscathed by having the likes of Martz and Marinelli fall on the sword this off season. Angelo simply needs to retire. His reliving glory days of Tampa are archaic at best and his insistence on drafting unproven players in hopes of hitting the jackpot are insane. I dont know what else to say, yet my mind is full of words.

In retrospect, what was the OL free agency move we should've made? I asked this question at about this time last year too, but it's because I don't scout out other teams and junk (I only know about the Bears) so I'm curious what others think and now we have some benefit of hindsight to make more educated suggestions.

In retrospect, what was the OL free agency move we should've made? I asked this question at about this time last year too, but it's because I don't scout out other teams and junk (I only know about the Bears) so I'm curious what others think and now we have some benefit of hindsight to make more educated suggestions.

Well, for starters, they could have thrown the checkbook at either Logan Mankins or Matt Light. Or both. It would have been tough for NE to compete in a bidding war with another team for two of their players.

I'd go into more detail, but the possibilities are nearly endless. The point is, more could have been done. A lot more. This is a good source (just look for OG, OT, C):

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011recap.php

Well, for starters, they could have thrown the checkbook at either Logan Mankins or Matt Light. Or both. It would have been tough for NE to compete in a bidding war with another team for two of their players.

I'd go into more detail, but the possibilities are nearly endless. The point is, more could have been done. A lot more. This is a good source (just look for OG, OT, C):

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011recap.php

That's what gets me. It seems like JA didn't try at all. Randle El is better than what we have, Houshmenzadeh is better than what we have at WR. We could have revamped the line and still and money left under the cap. This regime blows and they aren't getting better at all. They do just enough to get by, but fellas, getting by ain't winning games or Super Bowls.

Id make Hester the #3 RB and full time returner tomorrow if it were up to me. No more WR nonsense. No more starting on O period.

Moon Mullin was trying to make the point that the bears drafted a OT and got a free agent pickup in Spencer. Haugh laughed right at him. Said Carimi counts, but to call Spencer an adequate pickup is a joke. And let's not forget letting Kreutz walk... As old as he was and what not...oddly, I'm thinking now that he probably would have helped the cause.

That's what gets me. It seems like JA didn't try at all. Randle El is better than what we have, Houshmenzadeh is better than what we have at WR. We could have revamped the line and still and money left under the cap. This regime blows and they aren't getting better at all. They do just enough to get by, but fellas, getting by ain't winning games or Super Bowls.

Angelo should be on the phone with Miami now and see if they would be interested in dealing Brandon Marshall now that they are going nowhere. My guess says no but it's worth a call. Then again, Jerry says he likes our receivers that we already have.. :puke

Potentially giving up a 1st round pick for a guy still owed $25 million who's also on the brink of being classified as "mentally insane" is an absolutely horrible idea.

When you see a team in the division play a 4-3 defense better than your team does that worries me. The Lions rotated D-lineman in and out of the game much better than the Bears have ever dione in Lovie's tenure.When your best safety runs past plays looks lost on other plays and appeared to be running at half speed and after the game when asked questions about the teams performance gave this response"Idonno",I'm worried.Mon. Nite was the first time that I was ready to admit that our defense is old and that old myth about them being better on turf went into my Weber with my charcoal.

Its a sad situation when I see the current safeties on this team and ask what was so bad about Daniel Manning?

BTW Frank Omayale has surpassed Bernard Robertson as the False Start record holder in Bears history.

When you see a team in the division play a 4-3 defense better than your team does that worries me. The Lions rotated D-lineman in and out of the game much better than the Bears have ever dione in Lovie's tenure.When your best safety runs past plays looks lost on other plays and appeared to be running at half speed and after the game when asked questions about the teams performance gave this response"Idonno",I'm worried.Mon. Nite was the first time that I was ready to admit that our defense is old and that old myth about them being better on turf went into my Weber with my charcoal.

Its a sad situation when I see the current safeties on this team and ask what was so bad about Daniel Manning?

BTW Frank Omayale has surpassed Bernard Robertson as the False Start record holder in Bears history.

WAY TO GO FALSE START FRANKIE!!!! Congrats on your accomplishment, good luck on your endevour of allowing the most sacks in NFL history. Ya D-Bag.

I agree with #9 the most. In his first two years (Super Bowl anyone?), Hester was the most exciting special teams player there has ever been. Now that he has to focus on being a receiver, his special teams numbers are down. There is no way that he would ever go back to being just a special teams player, though. He would be furious and likely thinks he can cut it if he had an offensive line to protect Cutler.