Hester HoF?....

BearsFan1974

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/904458-...ill-canton-call

I think it's a definite YES!!! The man is amazing. I know his WR skills are lacking, but no one has been better in the return game.

I really have a hard time with this. I definitely believe he should go in but the Hall does not recognize special teams players. Ray Guy is not in the Hall. Like they said, only 1 kicker has ever made it. Steve Tasker, who many consider the best ST ever, is not in the Hall.

Do I think he should go? Yes.

Do I think they will induct him? No idea.

Peace :dabears

I really have a hard time with this. I definitely believe he should go in but the Hall does not recognize special teams players. Ray Guy is not in the Hall. Like they said, only 1 kicker has ever made it. Steve Tasker, who many consider the best ST ever, is not in the Hall.

Look what he has done though. Simply amazing. I know you've been a fan for just as long as me, but when have you seen a return man, when you see him out there, makes you sit on the edge of you seat anticipating six? I just think there's no question. The only thing that MIGHT hurt his chances are the WR experiment that's still happening.

Look what he has done though. Simply amazing. I know you've been a fan for just as long as me, but when have you seen a return man, when you see him out there, makes you sit on the edge of you seat anticipating six? I just think there's no question. The only thing that MIGHT hurt his chances are the WR experiment that's still happening.

If it was up to the fans, there would be no question. However, it is not up to us.

If you ask me who has been fortunate enough to watch all of the players whose records he has surpassed and none of those guys are in the hall. If he is able to surpass Rod Woodson and Deon Sanders in total returns, they would be hard pressed not to vote him in. I was totally in the Gayle Sayers camp as the Bears greatest returnman after Hester's rookie year but since then I am totally on board as saying that he is the greatest returner that I have ever seen. My football viewing goes all the way back to 66.The Bears alone have had quite a few guys that could electrify the crowd. Sayers,Cecil Turner, Ron "Gingerbread Man" Smith,Ike Hill, Charley Wade, Willie Gault, Dennis McKinnon,Dennis Gentry,Nate Lewis and Glyn Milbyrn. Besides Sayers all the other guys only had moments with the team. I named all these guys because some of us can remember them. Cecil Turner I believe was the first guy who's record for the team returns went down by Hester. Gingerbread Man Smith never called for a fair catch on punt returns so I believe he is the only guy in my Bears' history not to call for a fair catch.

Here's how I look at it: Hester has changed the game.

Much like how Lawrence Taylor facilitated the rise of the all-important Left Tackle, Devin Hester has impacted the game in many ways. Never before have I seen so many teams pooch kick on kickoffs (prior to this year) and shank balls out of bounds on punts. Hester caused this. He has single-handedly caused opposing special teams and their coaches to alter how they approach the Bears. He has single-handedly caused opposing head coaches to concede good starting field position for the Bears in exchange for safety.

He is already the greatest return man of all time. The comparison to Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson is garbage, because those two guys have INT returns.

Sanders has 19: 9 INTs, 6 Punts, 3 KOs, 1 Fumble --- So he actually has 9 ST return TDs

Woodson has 17: 12 INTs, 2 Punts, 2 KOs, 1 Fumble --- So he actually has 4 ST return TDs

Hester: 13 Receptions for TD, 11 Punts, 5 KOs, 1 Missed FG --- So he actually has 17 ST return TDs. He has more ST return TDs than Sanders and Woodson COMBINED.

If we include everything, then it's Hester with 30 total, Sanders with 22, and Woodson with 17.

Hall of Fame. Period. To not include him is, much like Devin Hester, ridiculous.

I think he'll have to make it over 20 return TD's to make it. Deion still has the record, due to INT and fumble returns. Devin will have to separate from Deion to be considered.

Deon also had KO and Punt returns also so it is more impressive that Hester is doing his deal on kicks and punts only and Hester is like really close to that total number right now.

Then we must also take into account that the HOF is similar to the Pro Bowl voting.With quite a few former Bears able to vote and Deon Sanders stomping for him I like his chances down the road since he is long from being done.

To put in in some perspective, chicks like the longball. Punters and tacklers don't score. Hester scores. And does so spectacularly. That makes a difference whether it should or not. He literally has a leg up on both Ray and Steve. Who, I also agree, deserve to be elected.

If Deion can include pick returns, why can't Devin include TD's? While not a huge element, the guy still has made some plays. It's the whole package.

Returning A+, receiving C...but it's something.

And I agree, he's not done returning!

Deon also had KO and Punt returns also so it is more impressive that Hester is doing his deal on kicks and punts only and Hester is like really close to that total number right now.

Then we must also take into account that the HOF is similar to the Pro Bowl voting.With quite a few former Bears able to vote and Deon Sanders stomping for him I like his chances down the road since he is long from being done.

Are Hester's odd FG miss for a return and super bowl returns counted?

Much like how Lawrence Taylor facilitated the rise of the all-important Left Tackle, Devin Hester has impacted the game in many ways. Never before have I seen so many teams pooch kick on kickoffs (prior to this year) and shank balls out of bounds on punts. Hester caused this. He has single-handedly caused opposing special teams and their coaches to alter how they approach the Bears. He has single-handedly caused opposing head coaches to concede good starting field position for the Bears in exchange for safety.

He is already the greatest return man of all time. The comparison to Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson is garbage, because those two guys have INT returns.

Sanders has 19: 9 INTs, 6 Punts, 3 KOs, 1 Fumble --- So he actually has 9 ST return TDs

Woodson has 17: 12 INTs, 2 Punts, 2 KOs, 1 Fumble --- So he actually has 4 ST return TDs

Hester: 13 Receptions for TD, 11 Punts, 5 KOs, 1 Missed FG --- So he actually has 17 ST return TDs. He has more ST return TDs than Sanders and Woodson COMBINED.

If we include everything, then it's Hester with 30 total, Sanders with 22, and Woodson with 17.

Hall of Fame. Period. To not include him is, much like Devin Hester, ridiculous.

As usual you bring it(Truth) and I have to say that could that kickoff rule change have anything to do with Hester?That safety crap is nonsense.Large men running full speed towards each other is going to result in injuries. I believe whoever is on the rules committee proposed this change to directly affect Hester and Cribbs who are currently the 2 most electrifying returners in the game.

He's in. Nobody has ever done what he's done in the way he's done it. TD returns is one thing but how many other huge returns does he have? I can't see how receiving hurts him at all. He's proven he's not just a one-trick returner. It's an additional skill and he's good at, not great but good. Lovie did him more damage by talking so much about him being a #1 WR. If he'd set expectations for him to be a KR/PR/#3WR this would never have been an issue. Flip it around and ask the question: How many teams would want Hester as their #3 WR right now?

Guest TerraTor
I think the argument can be made for him, but like Connor said, it's extremely rare to see a ST player go in.

nothing against Tasker. But special teams tackles and what not don't quite match Hester's contributions...