Kreutz Retiring

DABEARSDABOMB

You know, I wonder if Olin's lack of passion came from not being a Bear anymore. After 13 years it had to be hard being the new guy. And how invested can you be in a team when you know you've only got maybe 1 more year after this one in you anyway? You know you're just there to wind your career down. I'm still surprised that he didn't stay long enough to see if he could get a SB ring out of them though.

I pretty much agree. If he were a bear still, he probably would have at least waited until season's end to call it a career.

Thanks for the service Olin...

You know, I wonder if Olin's lack of passion came from not being a Bear anymore. After 13 years it had to be hard being the new guy. And how invested can you be in a team when you know you've only got maybe 1 more year after this one in you anyway? You know you're just there to wind your career down. I'm still surprised that he didn't stay long enough to see if he could get a SB ring out of them though.

Sounds like semantics...probably ensuring some type of salary...

I watched a recent Saints game either last Sunday or the previous one because the Bears game was on Mon and Sun Nite and Kreutz was not on the field. So the fact that he was going to be sitting on the bench may have been a bitter pill to swallow.

I'd take him back as the backup C on our roster. Cut Omiyale. Spencer is playing fine at OG, keep him as the third OG. Louis has already proven he's solid as a backup OT. Edwin Williams rounds out the group as emergency body. Would Kreutz accept this role, I doubt it but maybe. He'd be back on his team in his town where he is still highly respected. I wouldn't mind having his voice in the locker room again. Kreutz has enough class and respect for his old friend to defer to Garza leading the line but would still speak up to provide some guidance and leadership.

I'd take him back as the backup C on our roster. Cut Omiyale. Spencer is playing fine at OG, keep him as the third OG. Louis has already proven he's solid as a backup OT. Edwin Williams rounds out the group as emergency body. Would Kreutz accept this role, I doubt it but maybe. He'd be back on his team in his town where he is still highly respected. I wouldn't mind having his voice in the locker room again. Kreutz has enough class and respect for his old friend to defer to Garza leading the line but would still speak up to provide some guidance and leadership.

Just curious, but what are you willing to give up in trade to NO to get his rights - for a guy that has lost his desire, has significantly diminished skills, and can only backup at center?

I have no problem cutting Omiyale, but considering that Spencer makes a better backup center and we have other guys that can fill in a guard, is he really worth a roster spot?

And again, what do you think NO would require as compensation to a team that might end up challenging them for a wild card spot in the playoffs?

I'm assuming that you forgot about the Saints retaining his rights?

Just curious, but what are you willing to give up in trade to NO to get his rights - for a guy that has lost his desire, has significantly diminished skills, and can only backup at center?

I have no problem cutting Omiyale, but considering that Spencer makes a better backup center and we have other guys that can fill in a guard, is he really worth a roster spot?

And again, what do you think NO would require as compensation to a team that might end up challenging them for a wild card spot in the playoffs?

I'm assuming that you forgot about the Saints retaining his rights?

Trade deadline is past but I wouldn't give anything at this point.

Peace :dabears

I seriously would want nothing more than to resign him so he can retire an official Bear.

C'mon Jerry make it right.