Ok so now Season over

Guest TerraTor

Not even worth making the playoffs with Cutler and Matt out. Just start losing the rest of our games and build up draft position.

That's not the Bears' MO under Lovie. They'll go 9-7 or 8-8, just good enough to be in the middle of the draft where the talent is thinner.

Luckily Atlanta lost (or at least when I left it looked like they were going to lose). And I still say the Bears can win in the playoffs if they can somehow make it there with Cutler as the QB. Barber and Bell are both quality backups and I'm not overly concerned about the loss of Forte (it hurts but I have a lot of faith in our backups). But I also don't think Forte is done for the year.

Luckily Atlanta lost (or at least when I left it looked like they were going to lose). And I still say the Bears can win in the playoffs if they can somehow make it there with Cutler as the QB. Barber and Bell are both quality backups and I'm not overly concerned about the loss of Forte (it hurts but I have a lot of faith in our backups). But I also don't think Forte is done for the year.

Agreed. If we don't make the playoffs I'll blame the WR core before I ever take off Hanie's head.

You gotta wonder if Forte's injury is gonna cost him playing time next year. Not that he will still be inured, but it may bring home to him the danger of playing without long term money. Maybe it brings him to the table to get something done, and maybe it drives him away. Either way I gotta wonder if he feels less indestructable now, and will bargain accordingly.

You gotta wonder if Forte's injury is gonna cost him playing time next year. Not that he will still be inured, but it may bring home to him the danger of playing without long term money. Maybe it brings him to the table to get something done, and maybe it drives him away. Either way I gotta wonder if he feels less indestructable now, and will bargain accordingly.

He should go back and sign the deal that was on the table.

Peace :dabears

The WR's stink but so does Hanie. Hanie blew a wideopen TD pass to Bennett early in the game and I'm super bummed about the other blown TD (Barber play).

FWIW, I don't think Bennett was sprinting for that ball until it was too late. Probably, he eased up when he realised how wide open he was, but that throws the QB's accuracy off.

Also, the network never did a good job of showing where Barber was on the line of scrimmage. Was he really off it? He looked on the line to me.

This is why the Bears were playing the wait game. 4 games ago Forte's value was never greater. Like the stock market, the goal is not to buy high (and sell low). So then the deal becomes...if Forte can make it through the whole season without injury and keep up his dynamite stats, we'll have to pay bigger bucks to keep him than we'd like too. But it'll be alright because we'll have gotten an incredible season out of him. However, if he gets injured or can't keep up those gaudy stats (in real life, both happened), he'll have to sign for less. Either way the Bears win in a sense.

IMO, players think they get to negotiate like they're a free agent when they're not (yet). You want peace of mind now, not later? It'll cost 'ya.

He's either going to get franchised or some team is going to have to give us two first round picks for him if he doesn't sign the tender.

I would be perfectly fine with getting 2 first round picks for Forte. I like him a lot, but I'd love to see the Bears with a shit-ton of draft picks this year, especially in the first round. That way we could package picks for any possible situation. I'd hate to see Forte go, but I'm not of the mindset that RBs are so indispensable.

Agreed, but I still fear the person making the picks...

I would be perfectly fine with getting 2 first round picks for Forte. I like him a lot, but I'd love to see the Bears with a shit-ton of draft picks this year, especially in the first round. That way we could package picks for any possible situation. I'd hate to see Forte go, but I'm not of the mindset that RBs are so indispensable.

If the Browns want to offer two 1st round picks for Forte, you do it. In their spot this year (which will be top 8 or 10), you draft Trent Richardson. In the Bears' spot (which will now likely be top 15 by year's end) you take the best WR, LB, or OL available.

That makes no sense. Why not just keep Forte if you'r going to draft a RB?! You don't trade in a sure thing and bet on an unknown. I live in Alabama. I hear nothing but Trent Richardson 24/7. I believe the hype. Yet I would be aggravated beyond belief with that pick.

The Bears would be much better, in the hypothetical trade, signing a lightning fast RB with character issues in the 3rd or 4th, and using those top picks on OL, OL, WR in some sort of order.

Running backs are easily the most replaceable position in the NFL. There will be another Matt Forte, just as there will be another pro bowl RB to come through in the middle rounds of the draft. I'm against drafting a 1st round RB unless he's in the mold of Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders. With 3 first round picks the Bears would be able to solve many holes in their offense and perhaps add another player on the defensive side of the ball (LB, DE, or S). Unfortunately, no team in their right minds would give away two of their 1st rounders for a RB. Therefore Matty will be forced to sign the tender or sit out and lose what money he has. I'm pretty sure it'll be the former.