bunch of debbie downers after this game

CubbiesFan07

come on and quit the whining... ATL lost today too, and the Lions are against NO today. If Lions lose we're all still tied. Rough game, yes. Forte down, yes, probably out for a while.

With the way Barber has contributed compared to Forte as of late, it seemed to be a sustainable loss so far.

And this Hanie complaining gets a little old. The guy is rushed just like Cutler was at the beginning of the year before the OL learned to adapt to him. Took 4 or so games. Missed some open receivers yes, but when it counted he came through and the WR's (Knox, Williams) fell out or the RB (Barber, but just lack of understanding I guess) came up empty.

Give the guy a break. All 3 INT's weren't his fault

• Knox failure to be a WR
  • Williams failure to hold onto crazy glue
  • Hail Mary end of game toss

How about we give Hanie some credit for doing all he could to bring the game into a competition. He should easily have been 2 TD's and 0 INT's today with a win of 20-3, no doubt in my mind.

come on and quit the whining... ATL lost today too, and the Lions are against NO today. If Lions lose we're all still tied. Rough game, yes. Forte down, yes, probably out for a while.

With the way Barber has contributed compared to Forte as of late, it seemed to be a sustainable loss so far.

And this Hanie complaining gets a little old. The guy is rushed just like Cutler was at the beginning of the year before the OL learned to adapt to him. Took 4 or so games. Missed some open receivers yes, but when it counted he came through and the WR's (Knox, Williams) fell out or the RB (Barber, but just lack of understanding I guess) came up empty.

How about we give Hanie some credit for doing all he could to bring the game into a competition. He should easily have been 2 TD's and 0 INT's today with a win of 20-3, no doubt in my mind.

I like to blame Knox a lot as I hate him but that pick was not on Knox. Hanie completely underthrew the ball. Hanie has no arm and he isn't an NFL QB. He doesn't have the tools. Oh and Roy Williams does really suck. Please sign another wide-out to put opposite of Bennett (making Bennett the #2).

Knox just doesn't understand how to follow through with the play. I have never, ever, seen him try to become a defender when the ball was thrown wildly at him. Hell, even a 5'7" McCluster today stopped an INT from Jennings by us. And he's a RB that's smaller than Knox lol!

Give him a break? Nope, it is all on his shoulders now, we get into the playoffs, he'll just win another game, ONLY if Hanie plays better, period. In reality, Enderle, McCown and McNabb really aren't QB material. Enderle's a babe, MCCown is off the street and McNabb was released by the Queens, he wasn't even good enough for them!

So Hanie has got to earn his keep as an NFL QB. So far, he's not getting it done.

As we should be...

This team's most crucial player could very well be Cutler.

It was painfully obvious that Caleb is simply not good enough.

Hanie is just what scouts thought he was, an undrafted free agent QB and he is playing like that right now. The OL played like what they really are a patchwork group of linemen. The WRs played like mid round draft picks and other teams cast offs. The defense again held an opponent to a very manageable point total and still no win. This is the harsh reality of the way this team is made. The talented players top to bottom are on defense and when one player goes down the next is able to step in and do the job. Today even Stelz played well.

When Orton was QB in 05' we at least had Muhammad who could catch a boiled egg on the fly.

Don't get me wrong Hanie did miss some wide open shots, but he also threw some bullets that should have been caught without a problem.

I'm probably more the optimist than are some here and I am not liking what I am seeing in Hanie. I forgave him for last week thinking it was just a fluke, but after yesterday I was thinking the positives from last years Championship game were the flukes. And like the duck to bullet throw ratio yesterday, the negatives outweighed the positives. I saw one drive that looked promising and Roy Williams screwed that one up.

Maybe Martz was onto something when he tried motivating Hanie early on in the season. Maybe his like in Enderle is worth checking out? Or will the team give a call to McNabb? This week will be telling in the team's faith in Hanie.

And the only reason the Bears are still in "the hunt" for a playoff spot is because of Atlanta and Detroit losses. Will it be enough?

Siding with the majority here.

I don't really like Hanie, never have. His arm is kind of weak, he has poor reads, and he's easily rattled (although I can't entirely blame him with the protection provided).

Let's see what Enderle can do.

I saw the debbie downer title and was like this dude needs to get a clue...but ya know what...you're saying a lot of the same stuff I've been saying....minus the debbie downer part. We all have a right to be pissed at not beating that team. The Hanie stuff though...I agree with.

The Knox INT shouldn't have been. Knox just flat out sucks at going and getting a ball or preventing the defender from catching it. Yes it was an under thrown ball, but QB's under throw WR's all the time. Even an avg WR prevents that pick.

The Williams INT...no explanation needed. Not Hanie's fault and a TD taken from him.

The Barber penalty...no explanation needed. Not Hanie's fault and a TD taken from him.

The hail mary INT...shouldn't ever fricken count against a QB....he's just throwing it up for grabs and saying a prayer.

So yeah Hanie needs to improve his accuracy and pocket presence. A couple of those sacks were on him...but most were on the O Line, who reverted back to fricken week 3. They were horrible...pass blocking as well as run blocking. Barber had 14 attempts and 2 were no gain, 4 were for negative yardage and 5 were for 4 yds or less. 11 fricken plays go for less than 4 yds??? I'm not saying Hanie is the QB of the future, but he didn't play that bad considering how everyone else did. He should have had 17 points and 0 INT. They, also, had another FG attempt nullified with a delay of game that took us out of range. He's a rookie and needs a little help from the Vets, but I can't think of one that didn't let him down. This game was sloppy as all hell.