How Dumb is Lovie & Da Bears?

ParkerBear7

This coming from a place that gave up Cutler for Neckbeard. I would ask these guys and speaking of Orton, where is he these days? And how about that "wunderkid" McDaniels? Hows he working out?

All that math and hypothesis to prove what Barber already knew? That he screwed up. Plain and simple.

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/trainin...aspx?ID=1585660

Pretty right on in my opinion.

These guys are stupid but they definitely understand who is responsible for the Broncos win and his name is not TEBOW.

http://www.1043thefan.com/VideoChannel/tra...px?PostID=44894

I like the first link. It's almost exactly what I've been saying. Barber was a bonehead, but the coaches screwed up much more, multiple times, and never should have even allowed that situation to happen. This is the entire point:

Now here’s how the stupidity really factors in. The Bears weren’t even TRYING to get a first down!!!! If they were, they would’ve thrown the ball or done ANYTHING to beat the loaded box, but they didn’t. So, if you AREN’T gonna try and get a first down, why in the world would you take ANY risks at all. Ideally they WANTED the Broncos to have the ball at their own 29 with :20 seconds to go because that is what they were TRYING to do!

I like the first link. It's almost exactly what I've been saying. Barber was a bonehead, but the coaches screwed up much more, multiple times, and never should have even allowed that situation to happen. This is the entire point:

Now here’s how the stupidity really factors in. The Bears weren’t even TRYING to get a first down!!!! If they were, they would’ve thrown the ball or done ANYTHING to beat the loaded box, but they didn’t. So, if you AREN’T gonna try and get a first down, why in the world would you take ANY risks at all. Ideally they WANTED the Broncos to have the ball at their own 29 with :20 seconds to go because that is what they were TRYING to do!

They were trying to get a first down. You don't throw the ball in that situation unless your name is Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers. It should also go without saying that Marion Barber should have recognized that he wasn't going to get the first down mid run and should have just fallen down instead of letting his momentum carry him towards the sidelines, thus losing the game for the Bears.

They were trying to get a first down. You don't throw the ball in that situation unless your name is Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers. It should also go without saying that Marion Barber should have recognized that he wasn't going to get the first down mid run and should have just fallen down instead of letting his momentum carry him towards the sidelines, thus losing the game for the Bears.

They were trying to get the first down as a supplementary goal. Their first goal was obviously running out clock. It is obvious they chose to let their primary goal (clock) supersede the secondary goal (first down).

They are pretty much spot on.

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/trainin...aspx?ID=1585660

Pretty right on in my opinion.

These guys are stupid but they definitely understand who is responsible for the Broncos win and his name is not TEBOW.

http://www.1043thefan.com/VideoChannel/tra...px?PostID=44894

They were trying to get the first down as a supplementary goal. Their first goal was obviously running out clock. It is obvious they chose to let their primary goal (clock) supersede the secondary goal (first down).

Yeah, that's what the Bears wanted but that still doesn't explain why Marion Barber didn't just fall down, because that negated them being able to run out the clock.

Yeah, that's what the Bears wanted but that still doesn't explain why Marion Barber didn't just fall down, because that negated them being able to run out the clock.

True. Nobody can explain Barber's mistake. All I've been saying all along is that the coaches should never have put him in that scenario. Good coaches would never have allowed that scenario to be possible. Why even take a chance?

For instance, if the Bears are in a similar situation, what are the odds they call Barber's number for anything other than a straight up the middle dive play? I'm guessing about 0%. Hell, they might not even give him the ball. That's how you avoid a mistake. They could have applied this same line of reasoning during the game and we would never have even been talking about the Barber play.

True. Nobody can explain Barber's mistake. All I've been saying all along is that the coaches should never have put him in that scenario. Good coaches would never have allowed that scenario to be possible. Why even take a chance?

For instance, if the Bears are in a similar situation, what are the odds they call Barber's number for anything other than a straight up the middle dive play? I'm guessing about 0%. Hell, they might not even give him the ball. That's how you avoid a mistake. They could have applied this same line of reasoning during the game and we would never have even been talking about the Barber play.

I understand the concern with the play call but you still expect the guy to know the situation he's in and not make that mental error. I mean, that's pop warner stuff. He just had a brain fart and cost the Bears a win.

Putting their sarcastic approach to this aside, this does bring to question some of this team's players "Football IQ".

1. Hanie not knowing how to kill the clock as a QB. No more needs to be said.

2. Barber not knowing where to lineup when he splits out wide says that he may not be astute in the passing game or he just doesn't know the game.

3. Barber not staying inbounds when it was critical with the game on the line. See the end of above.

4. Barber not knowing to cover the ball with 2 hands while in the middle of the field with multiple defenders reaching at you.

5. Zack Bowman and Chris Conte not knowing what coverage was being played on the most critical play of the game.

5a. Lovie saying that Bowman earned playing time based on how he fared in practice but Corey Graham who had 3 picks in 3 games replacing an injured player doesn't deserve playing time for a coach who stresses TO's.

This doesn't seem like a very intelligent group this year. It goes against the very football savy veterans on this team like Urlacher ,Peppers, Cutler,Briggs ,Tillman and Forte.

I'll cut Conte some slack..he's a rookie, but the others have no excuse.

Putting their sarcastic approach to this aside, this does bring to question some of this team's players "Football IQ".

1. Hanie not knowing how to kill the clock as a QB. No more needs to be said.

2. Barber not knowing where to lineup when he splits out wide says that he may not be astute in the passing game or he just doesn't know the game.

3. Barber not staying inbounds when it was critical with the game on the line. See the end of above.

4. Barber not knowing to cover the ball with 2 hands while in the middle of the field with multiple defenders reaching at you.

5. Zack Bowman and Chris Conte not knowing what coverage was being played on the most critical play of the game.

5a. Lovie saying that Bowman earned playing time based on how he fared in practice but Corey Graham who had 3 picks in 3 games replacing an injured player doesn't deserve playing time for a coach who stresses TO's.

This doesn't seem like a very intelligent group this year. It goes against the very football savy veterans on this team like Urlacher ,Peppers, Cutler,Briggs ,Tillman and Forte.