McCown starting

madlithuanian

Worry not!

Have a great holiday season!

You know whats going to stink is IF (big IF) McCown were to win...or even play really well, I may not be as optimistic about some of the choices the staff has made as of late. Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than a win...I'm just sayin.

Happy Holidays everyone.

This is a terrible decision. McCown is going to play like McNown. Not saying Hanie should start, but we KNOW what McCown can do (nothing) why not give Nathan a start? I can't stand this decision, nor the signing in the first place.

At least Hanie could scramble... McCown has cement on his feet.

I also wish they'd just throw Enderle to the wolves and see what he has. Putting in a stop-gap only makes sense if the gap gets stopped and there isn't enough water pouring through to make it worthwhile. Unfortunately for the Bears, the water is gushing through, there is no chance to stop the leak, and McCown won't lead the team to a miraculous wildcard.

Agreed. My preference would be to see what Enderle has...he was courted by Martz.

However, given Caleb or Josh, I'll take Josh. I have a feel ing he won't botch the gimmes that Caleb has been botching... Maybe McCown is auditioning for a back-up here? But, yuck anyway.

I also wish they'd just throw Enderle to the wolves and see what he has. Putting in a stop-gap only makes sense if the gap gets stopped and there isn't enough water pouring through to make it worthwhile. Unfortunately for the Bears, the water is gushing through, there is no chance to stop the leak, and McCown won't lead the team to a miraculous wildcard.

Agreed. My preference would be to see what Enderle has...he was courted by Martz.

However, given Caleb or Josh, I'll take Josh. I have a feel ing he won't botch the gimmes that Caleb has been botching... Maybe McCown is auditioning for a back-up here? But, yuck anyway.

Rather see Enderle as well. Don't think McCown is going to offer much more production, but Hanie had to go.

I think if there is ANY hope in getting into the playoffs...which there is that ever so slight possibility, then the team should go with McCown. Given that he has veteran ability and from what I understand, some knowledge of Martz' system. If things go sour with no hope for improvement...by the time the 2nd half rolls around then go with Enderle and definitely let him start for the last game.

I think if there is ANY hope in getting into the playoffs...which there is that ever so slight possibility, then the team should go with McCown. Given that he has veteran ability and from what I understand, some knowledge of Martz' system. If things go sour with no hope for improvement...by the time the 2nd half rolls around then go with Enderle and definitely let him start for the last game.

There is no hope of making the playoffs with how we have been playing - especially against these teams.

Oakland - what, given up 70+ pts past 2 weeks?

KC - uh, enough said

Denver - Tebow should have been shut down that entire game with out linebacker crew and his passing ability.

Seahawks - I can't begin to say how awful that 2nd half turned out to be, right from the get-go.

There is no hope of making the playoffs with how we have been playing - especially against these teams.

Oakland - what, given up 70+ pts past 2 weeks?

KC - uh, enough said

Denver - Tebow should have been shut down that entire game with out linebacker crew and his passing ability.

Seahawks - I can't begin to say how awful that 2nd half turned out to be, right from the get-go.

Spoken like a true Cubbie fan. :D

McCown did a lot nicer tonight than Hanie did if you put all his positive plays into one game. I thought McCown was calm, was able to scramble when he needed to, and didn't make dumb decisions. Props to him for coming onto the team and being able to make a contribution in such a short amount of time.

McCown did a lot nicer tonight than Hanie did if you put all his positive plays into one game. I thought McCown was calm, was able to scramble when he needed to, and didn't make dumb decisions. Props to him for coming onto the team and being able to make a contribution in such a short amount of time.

Agreed.

Peace :dabears