Bears 2012 Draft Needs

Cutsizzle

Without considering FA moves, I go LT, WR, CB, DE, LB in that order. But, of course, that's all dependent on the flow of the draft. If the top 4 LT prospects are gone, and only Blackmon is gone of the WRs, then you wipe the drool from your mouth and pick Jeffery or Floyd. If, however, there is a run on WRs and all those guys are gone, then one of the top LT prospects is there and you do a happy dance before picking the LT. If both of those positions are just picked over and over, you curse the Bears for winning in week 17 and then go BPA.

Without considering FA moves, I go LT, WR, CB, DE, LB in that order. But, of course, that's all dependent on the flow of the draft. If the top 4 LT prospects are gone, and only Blackmon is gone of the WRs, then you wipe the drool from your mouth and pick Jeffery or Floyd. If, however, there is a run on WRs and all those guys are gone, then one of the top LT prospects is there and you do a happy dance before picking the LT. If both of those positions are just picked over and over, you curse the Bears for winning in week 17 and then go BPA.

This is along my line of thinking but my problem is after the top 3 LT prospects Kalil,Martin and Reiff there isn't a clear number 4 IMO and there is a drop off in talent.So if the Bears have there heart set on OL at 19 the next 2 best are OGs De Castro and Glenn. FSU's Sanders and Ohio ST's Adams are the next 2 OTs depending on what you like. The top 3 OT prospects are expected to be gone in the top15 picks so that means somebody is going to drop and some position will get overlooked. With Tice submitting the grocery list Floyd or Jeffrey would fit what he has had in the past and bigger mauling type OL would also be one of his preferences.

And like Jason says if neither scenario plays out BPA( preferably a top LB or S prospect). This will be an interesting offseason for all of us and trying to pin point where the team will go may be an unknown.

I'm pretty much with you. I'd just potentially flip flip LT & WR depending on what happens in FA and who is the best available...

I'd also like to see a TE potentially as well. Lower rounds. Best available type scenario...

This is along my line of thinking but my problem is after the top 3 LT prospects Kalil,Martin and Reiff there isn't a clear number 4 IMO and there is a drop off in talent.So if the Bears have there heart set on OL at 19 the next 2 best are OGs De Castro and Glenn. FSU's Sanders and Ohio ST's Adams are the next 2 OTs depending on what you like. The top 3 OT prospects are expected to be gone in the top15 picks so that means somebody is going to drop and some position will get overlooked. With Tice submitting the grocery list Floyd or Jeffrey would fit what he has had in the past and bigger mauling type OL would also be one of his preferences.

And like Jason says if neither scenario plays out BPA( preferably a top LB or S prospect). This will be an interesting offseason for all of us and trying to pin point where the team will go may be an unknown.

DeCastro is not a drop off in talent.

DeCastro is not a drop off in talent.

My comment was about a drop off in talent between OTs after the top 3. De Castro is the best OG on the board and may be gone by the 19th pick. In recent drafts NFL teams have started to put more imphasis on the OG position especially if they have the potential to slide to OT like Brandon Albert, Michael Oher and Mike Iupati.