V-Jack to Tampa

DABEARSDABOMB

Cole is reporting that Vincent Jackson has narrowed his choice to the Bears & Bucs. Take it for what it is worth.

Note: I personally put little validity into these type of leaks because I assume they have to be coming from the players and their reps and they probably want to throw a few teams out there to push/drive the market. I have to believe Emery has kept his free agent plans very close to the vest given the way he plans on running the Bears (e.g., secretively).

I've been reading that supposedly Mario Williams isn't all about the money and might even accept a lesser type of deal so the Bears can sign another guy like Vincent Jackson to go with him. The rumor is that Lovie and Peppers are flying to Texas to speak with both of them. How insane would this be?

I haven't heard that but damn, that would be pretty cool. I wonder if other players on the Bears would be willing to tweak their deals for something like this to happen?

Guest TerraTor
I haven't heard that but damn, that would be pretty cool. I wonder if other players on the Bears would be willing to tweak their deals for something like this to happen?

Everyone but Briggs would

I've been reading that supposedly Mario Williams isn't all about the money and might even accept a lesser type of deal so the Bears can sign another guy like Vincent Jackson to go with him. The rumor is that Lovie and Peppers are flying to Texas to speak with both of them. How insane would this be?

Mully & Hanley indicated Lovie & Peppers were talking with Vjax in Texas. No idea why Vjax is in Texas. I assume that would be where Williams is.

Wouldn't it be kind of odd if Lovie had Peppers come with him on a recruiting trip and it didn't involve Mario Williams? I'm sure the Jackson interest is real but what is Julius doing in Texas with Lovie if he's not trying to convince Mario Williams to sign with us?

Who is to say that rumor is even true. I think the Bears are going to add a pass rusher but I fully expect them to add a wideout as well. If it is a lesser wideout (anyone not named Colston/Vjax), I than expect them to draft one in the 1st or 2nd round.

Who is to say that rumor is even true. I think the Bears are going to add a pass rusher but I fully expect them to add a wideout as well. If it is a lesser wideout (anyone not named Colston/Vjax), I than expect them to draft one in the 1st or 2nd round.

It may not be but the fact that Lovie is in Texas probably lends credence to them trying to bring in Mario Williams as well.

So what is Williams and Jackson hanging out together today? Williams will make the most money in F Agency and wont be taking 3 mil less to sign someone else. We dont have enough money for more than Williams.

So what is Williams and Jackson hanging out together today? Williams will make the most money in F Agency and wont be taking 3 mil less to sign someone else. We dont have enough money for more than Williams.

It's likely that Briggs would be cut if this were to happen. I doubt we get both but it would be nice.

It's likely that Briggs would be cut if this were to happen. I doubt we get both but it would be nice.

I don't think Briggs will be cut. Worse case the Bears deal him for a 3rd round pick. I still think Briggs will be a Bear another few years and that Peppers, Urlacher, and if it happens, Williams, can find a way to make Briggs happy.

As per PFT. They say he signed for 5 years for 55,555,555. I mention this because while that's a ton of money, all things being equal, IMO the Bears could have had him for the same price.

That being said, I'm much happier getting Marshall. Younger, better, and a good relationship with #6. It sucks to lose the #3's. The next Michael Okwo is just waiting for us . . .

As per PFT. They say he signed for 5 years for 55,555,555. I mention this because while that's a ton of money, all things being equal, IMO the Bears could have had him for the same price.

That being said, I'm much happier getting Marshall. Younger, better, and a good relationship with #6. It sucks to lose the #3's. The next Michael Okwo is just waiting for us . . .

Not sure, but I heard we lost "our" 3rd and not the one from Carolina, which is better for us! Something about not being able to trade a pick acquired in a trade? Then according to the draft trade chart, trading a following years pick is equal to a round less than this years value....so next years third will have 4th round value.

Not sure, but I heard we lost "our" 3rd and not the one from Carolina, which is better for us! Something about not being able to trade a pick acquired in a trade? Then according to the draft trade chart, trading a following years pick is equal to a round less than this years value....so next years third will have 4th round value.

I had heard it was the Panthers pick but I could be wrong. I think the big difference, even though the average cap hit is close (Marshall is 2M less technically) is the fact that the Bears don't have any guaranteed funds so technically they could walk away from Marshall at any point.