briggs extended 2014

Guest TerraTor

So let's see:

-Bennett signed an extension.

-Cutler signed one back in 2009.

-Hester stayed.

-Briggs has now stayed.

-Garza was extended.

-Tillman also received one a long time ago, as did Urlacher.

-Bell will likely sign his tender.

-Peppers WANTED to be a Bear in 2010.

-Davis remained in Chicago, as did Steltz and Jennings.

-Marshall was traded here and praised the organization.

Although I know I'm forgetting multiple extensions/raises/signings, this is still a TON of guys who love this organization I hope all of you who are on Forte's side in this on-going Bears vs Forte case are starting lean toward switching sides. Everyone seems to love this organization with the exception of Forte. Hey Matt, be a man and sign the offer on the table, you greedy a**hole.

Guest TerraTor
So let's see:

-Bennett signed an extension.

-Cutler signed one back in 2009.

-Hester stayed.

-Briggs has now stayed.

-Garza was extended.

-Tillman also received one a long time ago, as did Urlacher.

-Bell will likely sign his tender.

-Peppers WANTED to be a Bear in 2010.

-Davis remained in Chicago, as did Steltz and Jennings.

-Marshall was traded here and praised the organization.

Although I know I'm forgetting multiple extensions/raises/signings, this is still a TON of guys who love this organization I hope all of you who are on Forte's side in this on-going Bears vs Forte case are starting lean toward switching sides. Everyone seems to love this organization with the exception of Forte. Hey Matt, be a man and sign the offer on the table, you greedy a**hole.

we have no true idea of what they offered... But if he thinks he is Ap money he's nuts

Is it possible, maybe, ......

I see no reason they did a one year extension unless... Drum roll please...

It was to rework his contract to free up cap space to resign Forte before the first voluntary camp opens up on Monday????

Or to sign a free agent that wants more than what remains in the pool????

Guest TerraTor

It was to rework his contract to free up cap space to resign Forte before the first voluntary camp opens up on Monday????

Im thinkin they are looking at Ol and Dl bodies in free agency

I dont think there freeing up any money, I believe there are spending more money.I am wondering if this extension has anything to do with Urlachers knee problem, might be more than a short term problem, and they think of him not being here pass this year and dont want to have possilby two stars being gone in a trasistion period.

Url did not sustain major damage to his knee, did not require surgery, and I see no reason to wave red flags in regards to his health.

We do need to get him extended, resigned, beyond 2012, this is his last year of his contract. Which is why I would have worked on his contract before Briggs. I would have thought that would have been a priority over Briggs, who had a year remaining after 2012.

Url did not sustain major damage to his knee, did not require surgery, and I see no reason to wave red flags in regards to his health.

We do need to get him extended, resigned, beyond 2012, this is his last year of his contract. Which is why I would have worked on his contract before Briggs. I would have thought that would have been a priority over Briggs, who had a year remaining after 2012.

As a conspiracy theorist I could see Urlacher going to management and saying take care of Lance and Matt before me.