Haugh from the Tribune

Stinger226

Haugh had a nice article this morning in the tribune( I am to computer stupid to transfer the article here), about Emery and suggested we are a good Oline away from being a very good team.

IMHO we are four players away from being a great team. We need another big WR, A DT, and a pass rush DE and a good LT

IMHO we are four players away from being a great team. We need another big WR, A DT, and a pass rush DE and a good LT

All of those are right on, which one do we take in the first. The problem is the first or maybe second is the only spot you will find a LT.

Haugh had a nice article this morning in the tribune( I am to computer stupid to transfer the article here), about Emery and suggested we are a good Oline away from being a very good team.

I'm nit-picking, but he doesn't actually say we're a good oline away from being a very good team. He meant that as a pun saying, "All we need is a good line." It's a reference to Angelo's botched phone call/trade with the Ravens. He does say think o-line is our #1 need and thinks we should draft Jonathan Martin.

He also adds that ideally, with the first 3 picks the Bears will go WR, pass rusher, o-line. His preference is o-line.

It is a goodarticle. I like how happy every seems to be with Emery so far and how there's a great deal of confidence in him. The team is one helluva a lot better than we were before free agency.

I'm nit-picking, but he doesn't actually say we're a good oline away from being a very good team. He meant that as a pun saying, "All we need is a good line." It's a reference to Angelo's botched phone call/trade with the Ravens. He does say think o-line is our #1 need and thinks we should draft Jonathan Martin.

He also adds that ideally, with the first 3 picks the Bears will go WR, pass rusher, o-line. His preference is o-line.

It is a goodarticle. I like how happy every seems to be with Emery so far and how there's a great deal of confidence in him. The team is one helluva a lot better than we were before free agency.

I think he is stating the obvious more than slamming JA, I guess the point is we need to make the oline better and I totally agree with him.

I think we need a safety too.

IMHO we can get by without a saftey right now, but what we need is for the front seven to get better at rushing the passer to allow the secondary to make plays and cover the WR'S. The quicker the QB has to throw the ball the more mistakes they are going make.

Been saying the same thing for years. It's true. Improve the OL to above average and all the offensive woes virtually disappear.

Been saying the same thing for years. It's true. Improve the OL to above average and all the offensive woes virtually disappear.

You can only make that statement with the comfort of knowing we have Culter under center and not Henry Burris.

You can only make that statement with the comfort of knowing we have Culter under center and not Henry Burris.

HA! Of course, but I feel the problem has been OL for quite some time. Even a guy like Henry Burris, well, maybe not Henry Burris, but a guy who is considered subpar can come in and manage a game very well if given the time to feel comfortable and confident. Just look at what a solid OL did for Rex. It made him so comfortable and confident that he thought he could make every single throw, coverage be damned. In all seriousness, talent at QB is obviously necessary...but the primary problem for 5 or 6 years has always been OL. And it's exactly why the Bears' offense has sucked over that same stretch of times. There are contributing factors, but that's the major symptom to the disease.