Urlacher- espn- Now at 6 days without practice!!

Chitownhustla

I guess it wouldnt be the first time a guy played a little cat and mouse to get contract talk going. I dont picture 54 doing something like that but in todays day and age you never know. I know if i was in his shoes I would be worried about the next contract being locked in. Im sure he knows his days of making 9 mill a year are over.

Im praying his knee is 100% like they said. If not this freaking blows big donkey balls!!!!!!

I think Shea may end up replacing Brian when his time here is finished. Otherwise if they keep him at DE, taking a MLB in next years draft is going to become more of a focal point if Urlacher starts to decline at a faster pace with that knee injury.

I do not think there is any chance Shea is going to replacing Urlacher. They guy was drafted as an outside/DE pass rush guy. It is totally different than playing inside backer. I played the same position in highschool and college. I once tried inside and felt like i was playing a new sport for the first time. Im not saying it cant be done, just highly unlikely.

Easy, big guy. Losing him for a little while might end up being a blessing in disguise...

Just like how it was in 2009? Oh, wait.

News? It ain't news yet. It's a rumor. Let's wait to hear the real news before we freak out too much about this.

By the way, if there's one thing I hate about the Bears organization, it's how badly the SUCK at things like this. They'll let this rumor fester for weeks before they even consider addressing it. If there's something to say, say it!

The only place I heard that "rumor" is this site, and if you consider 670 a source, bless your soul.

I'm beginning to think this might be contract oriented - at least I'm hoping so. It's like Urlacher's saying "I'm not happy with my contract so I'm gonna take a few days off." And the Bears are saying "Dude - do what you gotta do man. We love you and will be happy to talk contract extension later in the season after we get a better idea what next year's offseason is going to look like. In the mean time, we think you're awesome so do whatever you want man."

The Bears just loaded up their team for one or two more years of a chance at a ring. If Emery, Lovie, and company are really telling Urlacher "you gave us tons of years and right now we don't want to pay you a bunch so if you don't want to come, don't come," that is f***ing absurd. It's also absurd on Urlacher's part if that's the case.

In fact, if I was Briggs, Tillman, Cutler, Forte, Peppers, Marshall, etc., I'd be pissed at them too. He's under contract. Show up to camp. If not, he should've demanded a trade in April.

Guest TerraTor
If Urlacher is out for the year, this team is done. Period. Roach has never stood out enough. The front 4 isn't good enough right now. The secondary is seemingly always in question.

Ugh, this news sucks.

cant argue witha ya there...

How about we do this, wait until the season actually starts then speculate why he hasnt practiced? I mean really, "the season is done?". Wow, you know Forte, Cutler and Peppers didn't play last night either so maybe it is "over". Think back, haven't players like Strahan, Favre, Umineorya and R. Moss all take training camp off from time to time only to excel (or at least do well) during the regular season? Let's give this one some time.

my god really?

Conte was named All-Rookie by SportingNews last year. Take it for what it's worth, but it was his first year as a FS and it was in the NFL and it was in a division with Stafford and Rodgers. Ease up. Did you expect him to be Ronnie Lott in year 1?

How about we do this, wait until the season actually starts then speculate why he hasnt practiced? I mean really, "the season is done?". Wow, you know Forte, Cutler and Peppers didn't play last night either so maybe it is "over". Think back, haven't players like Strahan, Favre, Umineorya and R. Moss all take training camp off from time to time only to excel (or at least do well) during the regular season? Let's give this one some time.

I never said "the season is done." I said if he's out for the season with another surgery, yes the Bears' season is done. They tried to play 2009 without him and how did that go?

Conte was named All-Rookie by SportingNews last year. Take it for what it's worth, but it was his first year as a FS and it was in the NFL and it was in a division with Stafford and Rodgers. Ease up. Did you expect him to be Ronnie Lott in year 1?

I never said "the season is done." I said if he's out for the season with another surgery, yes the Bears' season is done. They tried to play 2009 without him and how did that go?

BEARS SIGNED ANOTHER LB TODAY. SAW IT ON FACEBOOK

TEAM NEWS: The Bears have signed LBs Xavier Adibi and K.C. Asiodu and DE Aston Whiteside while waiving DT Ronnie Cameron and CB Jeremy Ware.

XAVIER IS OUT OF VTECH- VERY GOOD IN COLLEGE. NOT SURE WHAT HE HAS DONE IN THE NFL.

Url was the best player on the entire team when the 09 injury occurred. As of now, I'd take Peppers, Cutler, Forte, Briggs and Marshall over him. It would not be ideal, but we could survive. His loss may make everyone else pick up the torch. That's what winners do.

Url was the best player on the entire team when the 09 injury occurred. As of now, I'd take Peppers, Cutler, Forte, Briggs and Marshall over him. It would not be ideal, but we could survive. His loss may make everyone else pick up the torch. That's what winners do.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Hayes/Roach/Briggs is nearly as good as Roach/Urlacher/Briggs. Keep in mind that the DL isn't too strong and that the secondary has issues, the Bears need all of their good defensive players in 2012.

Any mix of LB's is not better w/o Url. I think the hope is that the guys filling in can do well enough and guys like Roach and Briggs step up ever moreso. Hopefully wait out the injury and welcome Url back for our playoff run.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Hayes/Roach/Briggs is nearly as good as Roach/Urlacher/Briggs. Keep in mind that the DL isn't too strong and that the secondary has issues, the Bears need all of their good defensive players in 2012.

Smith saved his job at the cost of a healthy Url...

This really sucks.... Why the freak was he in there against Minnesota???

He is 34, you know he is not in the type of shape he needs to be. This really pisses me off.

I don't think the season is ruined or anything. Just still think back that bullshit game and hate this shit

Smith saved his job at the cost of a healthy Url...

We dropped either 3 or 6 spots in the draft and now have a banged up Urlacher with the win over Minny. This is the most excited I have been heading into a season. They finally made some moves on the O side of the ball and now Urlacher's knee is banged up before they even play a regular season game. I hope they are just being overly cautious.

I hope everyone is saying their prayers for old 54's knee!!!!

I think caution is the road they are going. We can function w/o Url for a few games. Long term will be more difficult.

We dropped either 3 or 6 spots in the draft and now have a banged up Urlacher with the win over Minny. This is the most excited I have been heading into a season. They finally made some moves on the O side of the ball and now Urlacher's knee is banged up before they even play a regular season game. I hope they are just being overly cautious.

I hope everyone is saying their prayers for old 54's knee!!!!

Gotta love the classic Lovie "this game means nothing, will cost us draft picks, could potentially injure a player or two, so let's go all out"-philosophy.

Gotta love the classic Lovie "this game means nothing, will cost us draft picks, could potentially injure a player or two, so let's go all out"-philosophy.

At the end of the day do I want the Bears to go out and lose a game?? No, but why risk the long term health of the team for a meaningless game. Any player in the NFL can get hurt at any min of the day... Look at Suggs for the Raven.

I know I would feel a whole lot better if 54 was really 100%.

I think caution is the road they are going. We can function w/o Url for a few games. Long term will be more difficult.

If they're without Urlacher against Indy, that's a tough game. Luck is the real deal. Hopefully they can outscore the Colts.

Without him vs GB, that's really tough.

Without him vs STL, it's winnable still.

Without him in DAL, very tough.

They need him.

At the end of the day do I want the Bears to go out and lose a game?? No, but why risk the long term health of the team for a meaningless game. Any player in the NFL can get hurt at any min of the day... Look at Suggs for the Raven.

I know I would feel a whole lot better if 54 was really 100%.

And, not only this, but a loss there could have the Bears picking 13th or 14th rather than 19th.

We definitely need him.

Regardless who we play. I think Indy is a win even w/o him. Luck is good, but so was Cam, and it took him a few games to actually win. The rest I agree with.

If they're without Urlacher against Indy, that's a tough game. Luck is the real deal. Hopefully they can outscore the Colts.

Without him vs GB, that's really tough.

Without him vs STL, it's winnable still.

Without him in DAL, very tough.

They need him.

We definitely need him.

Regardless who we play. I think Indy is a win even w/o him. Luck is good, but so was Cam, and it took him a few games to actually win. The rest I agree with.

My guess is that he has some chronic inflamation in his knee. We all have heard his views on getting medicated. At this point in his career, he's getting the shot and suiting up to play. Hell or high water will not stop him. Just like trying to hold him out of the Minny game, in which he was injured.