Bold Bears Predictions 2012

Ed Hochuli 3:16

The Bears win 10 games.

The Bears lose in the NFC title game in Lambeau.

McClellin has 8 sacks.

Peppers had 13 sacks, combined with a few FF's, FR's, and an INT or two and wins DPOY.

Cutler has 30+ TD's and less than 15 INT's and plays all 16 games.

He only will get sacked 28 times.

Conte has 7 INT's.

Evan Rodriguez is a starter by week 17.

Marshall leads Bears' WR's in catches and yards.

Bennett is second in both categories.

Jeffery leads all WR's on the Bears in TD's.

Urlacher doesn't play until week 7 (week after the bye).

That would be more than acceptable...

The Bears win 10 games.

McClellin has 8 sacks.

Peppers had 13 sacks, combined with a few FF's, FR's, and an INT or two and wins DPOY.

Conte has 7 INT's.

The Bears win 10 games.

McClellin has 8 sacks.

Conte has 7 INT's.

Bears win 12 games if the Oline performs well. If they suck like last year who gives a shit

Bears win the superbowl (if the oline plays well and tice/bates work well together. so hard to make predictions with new system going in)

McClellin gets 8(2 vs GB week two) sacks but helps Peppers with pressure all year long - going w/ brian

Peppers gets 12 sacks

Cutler gets 27 TD's and throws for 3,500

Cutler throws 15 picks

Cutler gets sacked 145 times, what is it not possible. but really just joking

Marshal goes for 1,200 yards and 10 TDS

Jeffrey gets 6 TD's

Forte goes 1,000 + rushing and 500 + receiving

Briggs leads the team in Tackles

Urlacher- im still disgusted with him getting hurt in the Minny game, I hope Brianbear is wrong and he is back to playing by week 2

I will say this is the most excited i have been. With the moves on the O side of the ball I cant wait to see what happens. The Oline was not addressed. We do have two 1st round draft picks coming back so that should help. I am already dreading the Monday morning hangovers that I have scheduled. Once again we are setting up at every home game, so anyone that wants to join, hit me up!!!

The big questions for this year is

1. Tice/Bates- will it work? It has to be better than Martz????

2. Oline- will the CW and Carmi coming back with a better scheme help the oline that much

3. Marshal and Cutler, are they going to make magic again

4. Jeffrey- will be prove to be the 1st round WR he was projected to be

5. Will 54 be the 54 we need?

6. Will the age of the D start to show its ugly head?

7. What will happen with the Safety positions?

8. Will our first round draft pick add some much needed help in the pressure dept!!!!

9. DT- who what and where?

10. WILL LOVIE CONTINUE TO USE THE RED FLAG AT THE WRONG TIMES???!!!!!!

Bears win 12 games if the Oline performs well. If they suck like last year who gives a shit

Bears win the superbowl (if the oline plays well and tice/bates work well together. so hard to make predictions with new system going in)

McClellin gets 8(2 vs GB week two) sacks but helps Peppers with pressure all year long - going w/ brian

Peppers gets 12 sacks

Cutler gets 27 TD's and throws for 3,500

Cutler throws 15 picks

Cutler gets sacked 145 times, what is it not possible. but really just joking

Marshal goes for 1,200 yards and 10 TDS

Jeffrey gets 6 TD's

Forte goes 1,000 + rushing and 500 + receiving

Briggs leads the team in Tackles

Urlacher- im still disgusted with him getting hurt in the Minny game, I hope Brianbear is wrong and he is back to playing by week 2

I will say this is the most excited i have been. With the moves on the O side of the ball I cant wait to see what happens. The Oline was not addressed. We do have two 1st round draft picks coming back so that should help. I am already dreading the Monday morning hangovers that I have scheduled. Once again we are setting up at every home game, so anyone that wants to join, hit me up!!!

The big questions for this year is

1. Tice/Bates- will it work? It has to be better than Martz????

2. Oline- will the CW and Carmi coming back with a better scheme help the oline that much

3. Marshal and Cutler, are they going to make magic again

4. Jeffrey- will be prove to be the 1st round WR he was projected to be

5. Will 54 be the 54 we need?

6. Will the age of the D start to show its ugly head?

7. What will happen with the Safety positions?

8. Will our first round draft pick add some much needed help in the pressure dept!!!!

9. DT- who what and where?

10. WILL LOVIE CONTINUE TO USE THE RED FLAG AT THE WRONG TIMES???!!!!!!

That's it? :unsure:

That's only about 219 yards/game.

That's it? :unsure:

That's only about 219 yards/game.

He's averaged 234 over his career. I wouldn't say that is too far off base if the line doesn't improve from last year.

Negative

1.) Cutler will get hurt

2.) Forte's numbers will drop due to an increased focus on the passing game.

3.) Bennett will end up with around 20 catches

4.) The Bears will give up the 3rd most sacks in the NFL

5.) Davis will be held back from taking the next step as a pass catching TE due staying in to block

6.) Bush will be a nonfactor.

7.) The Bears defense will be lower middle of the pack

8.) The Bears are sweeped by both the Packers and the Lions

9.) The Bears miss the play offs

10.) Lovie will start starters in meaningless games at the end of the season, which will lead to a worst draft pick and injuries

Positives

1.) Hester will have a career year in receptions, yards, and TD's.

2.) McClellan will be in consideration for the DROY

3.) Briggs will make the pro bowl

4.) Marshall will have his best year since his Denver years and be an alternate for the Pro Bowl

5.) Peppers will make the Pro Bowl

6.) Tillman will have 5 forced fumbles

7.) Jefferies will have a respectable rookie year with 40 catches for 700 yards

8.) Carimi will prove to be solid at RT

9.) While Forte's numbers will slightly slip, he will also be a Pro Bowler

10.) Emery will notice the deficiencies in the offensive line, and be aggressive in the offseason through free agency and the draft

That's just going on how I feel right now. It's early in the offseason and I have my questions about the coaching on the offensive side of the ball and the offensive line. Something about this Urlacher situation just reminds me of Peyton Manning last year. This defense sucked horribly the last time he missed a year.

Now if the Bears line can just play average and Urlacher is healthy....

1.) Cutler throws for 4000 yards and breaks 30 TDs

2.) Kellen Davis becomes a Jemichael Finley type reputation from a few years back.

3.) The Bears have 7 pro bowlers.

4.) The Bears offense is top 5 in scoring.

5.) The Bears defense is top 5 in every category

6.) The Bears get a first round bye in the play offs, and yes that includes winning the division over the packers

7.) Robbie Gould will score the most points in the NFL this year

8.) Brandon Marshall will be 3rd in receptions in the NFL, 3rd in receiving yards, and also 3rd in TDs for a wr.

9.) The Bears will set single season team records in passing, receiving, scoring, and total offense.

10.) The Bears play at home through the play offs and eventually bring home their second Super Bowl win.

The Bears win 10 games.

McClellin has 8 sacks.

Conte has 7 INT's.

I think you are close with all predictions, but for we win 11 games, Cutler throws for close to 4500 yards with 32 tds,we give up 35 sacks, Wooten has 8 to 10 sacks on extended play time. Also I think we make it back to the title game, with Philly upsetting GB in a playoff game. We dont win it thou.

Cutler throws for 4,000 and 35 TD, under 20 INT and 30 sacks

Marshall 105-1,450-14 (All new Bears All-Time records)

McClellin 8 sacks, 2 FFB, 2 INT

Hardin - starting by Week 6, 4 INT, Plank/Fencik highlight reel hits every week

Gould leads the league in scoring

Rodriguez 40-550-4

Webb is released by the Bye Week

Hester adds 3 more Punt Return TD's to his legacy

Bears with a Top 10 Offense, Defense, and Special Teams

Bears 12-4, 1st Wild Card team

Bears beat Pack in NFC Championship, 27-24 on a Benson fumble and Hester Punt Return TD

Bears beat Texans 31-17 in SB

Cutler throws for 4,000 and 35 TD, under 20 INT and 30 sacks

Marshall 105-1,450-14 (All new Bears All-Time records)

McClellin 8 sacks, 2 FFB, 2 INT

Hardin - starting by Week 6, 4 INT, Plank/Fencik highlight reel hits every week

Gould leads the league in scoring

Rodriguez 40-550-4

Webb is released by the Bye Week

Hester adds 3 more Punt Return TD's to his legacy

Bears with a Top 10 Offense, Defense, and Special Teams

Bears 12-4, 1st Wild Card team

Bears beat Pack in NFC Championship, 27-24 on a Benson fumble and Hester Punt Return TD

Bears beat Texans 31-17 in SB

I actually wouldnt doubt the Webb think,but dont think Williams will be the answer either.

-Lovie will get more than 50% of his replay challenges correct

-Tice is forced to use double-teams and 3-step drops on the majority of pass plays because of Webb's ineffectiveness

-Cutler gets dinged up and misses one game with a non-serious injury

-Lovie/Tice are forced to replace Webb with Williams the first game after the bye week

-Cutler complains about the OL to the media

-Cutler comes back after the bye week and rips the league a new asshole (4000yds, 38 TDs, 14 INTs)

-The DL causes havoc the entire year and gathers 45 sacks (10+ Peppers, 6 McClellin, 10 Melton, 4 Paea, 7 Izzy)

-The Bears passing defense becomes one of the top ten

-The Bears rushing defense suffers as a result of the dash to the QB and the opponents' desire to keep Cutler and Co. off the field

-Alshon Jeffery takes over the starting Z spot after the bye week

-Because of Marshall and Jeffery's dominance, and the desire to get Hester more snaps on offense, the Bears will run more 4-WR sets than in quite some time

-Urlacher is not available for 2-3 weeks

-Bush "Touchdown Vulture's" 6-10 TDs from Forte

-Rodriguez gets minimal playing time as Kellen Davis asserts himself as a pass catching threat

Sold...

-Tice is forced to use double-teams and 3-step drops on the majority of pass plays because of Webb's ineffectiveness

-Lovie/Tice are forced to replace Webb with Williams the first game after the bye week

-Cutler comes back after the bye week and rips the league a new asshole (4000yds, 38 TDs, 14 INTs)

-The DL causes havoc the entire year and gathers 45 sacks (10+ Peppers, 6 McClellin, 10 Melton, 4 Paea, 7 Izzy)

-The Bears rushing defense suffers as a result of the dash to the QB and the opponents' desire to keep Cutler and Co. off the field

-Because of Marshall and Jeffery's dominance, and the desire to get Hester more snaps on offense, the Bears will run more 4-WR sets than in quite some time

-Rodriguez gets minimal playing time as Kellen Davis asserts himself as a pass catching threat

Record?

I keep looking at the schedule and I am able to see us going at best 13-3 if everyone stays healthy, I am not worried about Urlacher.

Cutler has a monster year as the offense is built better around him and Martz is gone.

Passes for over 4,000 yards, 35 TDs, 12 INTs and makes Pro Bowl

Marshall is so excited to reunited with Cutler that he has a true monster season.

110 Receptions, 1,500 yards, 15 TDs and makes Pro Bowl

Bennett has a decent season as well and builds on the relationship with Cutler that started at Vandy

70-80 Receptions, 1,000 Yards, 8 TDs

Jeffrey proves why Emery picked him up in the second round.

50-60 Receptions, 750 yards, 5 TDs

Hester continues to build to his return legacy and is the Special Teams Player for the Pro Bowl

60-70 Receptions, 900 yards, 5 Rcving TDs and 6 Return TDs

Peppers has an amazing year and goes to Hawaii

15-18 Sacks, 5 FF, 3 Fumble Recoveries, minimum 5 Pass Deflects

McClellin shocks the NFL

7-9 Sacks, 3 FF, 2-3 Pass Deflects and just wows the World

Briggs has another typical Briggs season, Urlacher as well and don't forget Peanut.

It is the most excitement I have had for a season in a little while. Hope the season goes as well as we are all predicting.

• 4 months later...
Cutler throws for 4,000 and 35 TD, under 20 INT and 30 sacks - LOL, only close on INTs and Sacks mainly because he missed some time

Marshall 105-1,450-14 (All new Bears All-Time records) - Damn close, he exceeded my expectations, and he got some records

McClellin 8 sacks, 2 FFB, 2 INT - Way off, he did not play as much as I expected, and looked overmatched

Hardin - starting by Week 6, 4 INT, Plank/Fencik highlight reel hits every week - IR, but I still believe he has potential if he can get on the field next year

Gould leads the league in scoring - Offense never lived up to expectations, so his chances were way down

Rodriguez 40-550-4 - What was I smoking?

Webb is released by the Bye Week - Williams was released

Hester adds 3 more Punt Return TD's to his legacy - lol, he has clearly lost a step

Bears with a Top 10 Offense, Defense, and Special Teams - 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Bears 12-4, 1st Wild Card team - now I am hoping for 10-6 and 2nd Wild Card team

Bears beat Pack in NFC Championship, 27-24 on a Benson fumble and Hester Punt Return TD - The Bears would meet the Pack in the NFC Championship game

Bears beat Texans 31-17 in SB - Still possible, but highly unlikely that the Texans make it to the SB

My replies in red.

The Bears win 10 games.

McClellin has 8 sacks.

Conte has 7 INT's.

10 wins, nice prediction, still can play NFC Championship game in Lambeau, McClellin is funny, Peppers is close, Cutler is way off, Conte - lol, Rodriquez possible?, spot on for Marshall, no for Bennett or Jeffery, Urlacher played in Week 1.

The interesting piece is your prediction of 10 wins, so this may end up being the exact team you expected?

10 wins, nice prediction, still can play NFC Championship game in Lambeau, McClellin is funny, Peppers is close, Cutler is way off, Conte - lol, Rodriquez possible?, spot on for Marshall, no for Bennett or Jeffery, Urlacher played in Week 1.

The interesting piece is your prediction of 10 wins, so this may end up being the exact team you expected?

I expected 10 wins, yeah, but I expected a top 10 offense (as my Cutler prediction shows) but a 15th or worse D, with Pepper, Conte and McClellin being the only bright spots. I just figured most of the defense would begin to show their age. It's been the opposite.

The funny thing is that I was close with Conte, and by close I mean his safety partner. I thought Major Wright really developed this year. In fact, he made Peter King's midseason all-NFL team back in October or November or whenever. His ability to play the run was the thing that stood out. He also was much more under control on angles to the ball carrier in the open field.

I expected 10 wins, yeah, but I expected a top 10 offense (as my Cutler prediction shows) but a 15th or worse D, with Pepper, Conte and McClellin being the only bright spots. I just figured most of the defense would begin to show their age. It's been the opposite.

The funny thing is that I was close with Conte, and by close I mean his safety partner. I thought Major Wright really developed this year. In fact, he made Peter King's midseason all-NFL team back in October or November or whenever. His ability to play the run was the thing that stood out. He also was much more under control on angles to the ball carrier in the open field.

Yeah Wright overall has improved a lot. I wish our OLine, Davis, and Wideouts did the same. Wright may be one of the most improved players on the team and has flown under the radar with all the big names on the D.

-Lovie will get more than 50% of his replay challenges correct This was wishful thinking. I don't think he's over 50%

-Tice is forced to use double-teams and 3-step drops on the majority of pass plays because of Webb's ineffectiveness Pretty much correct

-Cutler gets dinged up and misses one game with a non-serious injury Correct

-Lovie/Tice are forced to replace Webb with Williams the first game after the bye week Should have been correct since Webb still sucks

-Cutler complains about the OL to the media He went WAY further

-Cutler comes back after the bye week and rips the league a new asshole (4000yds, 38 TDs, 14 INTs) Dead wrong - I expected a breakout year

-The DL causes havoc the entire year and gathers 45 sacks (10+ Peppers, 6 McClellin, 10 Melton, 4 Paea, 7 Izzy) Peppers! Paea (close), Izzy (close), Melton (who saw Wooton coming on like this?!), McClellin (disappointment)

-The Bears passing defense becomes one of the top ten Bingo!

-The Bears rushing defense suffers as a result of the dash to the QB and the opponents' desire to keep Cutler and Co. off the field Bingo!

-Alshon Jeffery takes over the starting Z spot after the bye week Without injury this happened even sooner

-Because of Marshall and Jeffery's dominance, and the desire to get Hester more snaps on offense, the Bears will run more 4-WR sets than in quite some time This didn't happen because of the OL

-Urlacher is not available for 2-3 weeks Bingo!

-Bush "Touchdown Vulture's" 6-10 TDs from Forte Bingo! (would have done it w/o injury)

-Rodriguez gets minimal playing time as Kellen Davis asserts himself as a pass catching threat This is right, wrong, and twisted. Who knew the Bears staff would mismanage Rodriguez and use him as a FB? And Kellen Davis as a pass-catching threat? What was I thinking?

Not bad overall.