Rate my draft?

madlithuanian

I just drafted in a 10 team league....here's the team (no flex & have to have a 1 bench for every slot)

QB - Brady (Cutler)

RB - Sproles, Ridley (R. Bush)

WR - H. Nicks, A. Brown (R. Moss)

TE - Jimmy Graham (Kendricks)

K - Crosby (Kaeding)

D - BAL (DET)

Don't like it that much.

While having Cutler on the team is nice, it's doubtful he'll play on your team. If you have Brady, you start Brady. I am guessing you sacrificed a mid-rounder for Cutler when you probably should have grabbed a RB somewhere in the range of Cedric Benson, Law Firm, or Shonn Greene.

Cutler simply fell... I nabbed him in the 5th if you can believe it. Cutler has a good game with TEN when Brady is on bye. I picked second w/ Brady and then the flood of RB's went. So, I lost out on the heavy hitting RB's by the time it snaked back around. Although in this league, QB's rule the roost. They generate about twice as much points as RB's. Benson got taken right before I picked Sproles. On the 2nd and 3rd, I picked Nicks and Sproles. Nicks was a little risky though...

Don't like it that much.

While having Cutler on the team is nice, it's doubtful he'll play on your team. If you have Brady, you start Brady. I am guessing you sacrificed a mid-rounder for Cutler when you probably should have grabbed a RB somewhere in the range of Cedric Benson, Law Firm, or Shonn Greene.

Guest TerraTor
I just drafted in a 10 team league....here's the team (no flex & have to have a 1 bench for every slot)

QB - Brady (Cutler)

K - Crosby (Kaeding)

D - BAL (DET)

Yikes.... rb are bad... i woulda held off from TE in 2nd Round

Cutler simply fell... I nabbed him in the 5th if you can believe it. Cutler has a good game with TEN when Brady is on bye. I picked second w/ Brady and then the flood of RB's went. So, I lost out on the heavy hitting RB's by the time it snaked back around. Although in this league, QB's rule the roost. They generate about twice as much points as RB's. Benson got taken right before I picked Sproles. On the 2nd and 3rd, I picked Nicks and Sproles. Nicks was a little risky though...

Wow, lol! I got Cutler in the 6th in a 12 team league. Picked up Josh Freeman in the 8th for insurance.

How's mine look?

QB1 Aaron Rodgers (felt filthy making this pic)

QB2 Josh Freeman

RB1 Fred Jackson

RB2 Shonn Greene

RB3 Stevan Ridley

RB4 Jonathan Stewart

RB5 Ben Tate

WR1 Jordy Nelson (again felt dirty about this one)

WR2 Victor Cruz

WR3 Malcom Floyd

WR4 Dexter McCluster

TE1 Brandon Pettigrew

TE2 Lance Kendricks

K- Matt Bryant

Def Bengals

It's the revenge of the questionable RB's! It really seems like a theme in this year's drafts.

I wonder if we're judging too harshly?

How's mine look?

QB1 Aaron Rodgers (felt filthy making this pic)

QB2 Josh Freeman

RB1 Fred Jackson

RB2 Shonn Greene

RB3 Stevan Ridley

RB4 Jonathan Stewart

RB5 Ben Tate

WR1 Jordy Nelson (again felt dirty about this one)

WR2 Victor Cruz

WR3 Malcom Floyd

WR4 Dexter McCluster

TE1 Brandon Pettigrew

TE2 Lance Kendricks

K- Matt Bryant

Def Bengals

It's the revenge of the questionable RB's! It really seems like a theme in this year's drafts.

I wonder if we're judging too harshly?

Sure does seem like a theme. the pool of good RB's this season seems shallower than it has in past years. Even in our league more teams are thin at RB than there have been. I've thought about packaging a couple players and trying to trade for an upgrade. I don't hate my RB's but I don't love them either. WR depth in the draft was far better than RB. We might be looking at it harshly at this point. Who knows by mid season I'm sure the picture will be clearer but now it sure looks murky at the RB. I was thinking maybe our league going from 10 teams to 12 teams this year plus the shallowing of the RB pool. I think it also has to do with the move by so many teams to RB by committee rather than a true feature back. Those guys are the tier one and that tier seems smaller this year. Guys like Foster, Rice, McCoy are the safest ones outside that you have guys with question marks whether it's injury with McFadden, Matthews, Mendenhall, AP, Charles, wells. Contract issues with MJD. Rookies like Martin.Forte kinda fits in that tier 1 1/2 he's just outside that conversation with the top guys. But all in all there just don't seem to be as many guys you can say this is the main man and plug him in.

Do you think I have good trade bait to go after a better #2 RB (not in love with Shonn Green but he was the best RB on the board when my pick came) If you had my team who woul you package for a trade?

Great points. We will have to see how it all plays out, but it sure looks like RB's could be devalued.

It's hard to judge a trade w/o seeing who you'd want to pick up...

Sure does seem like a theme. the pool of good RB's this season seems shallower than it has in past years. Even in our league more teams are thin at RB than there have been. I've thought about packaging a couple players and trying to trade for an upgrade. I don't hate my RB's but I don't love them either. WR depth in the draft was far better than RB. We might be looking at it harshly at this point. Who knows by mid season I'm sure the picture will be clearer but now it sure looks murky at the RB. I was thinking maybe our league going from 10 teams to 12 teams this year plus the shallowing of the RB pool. I think it also has to do with the move by so many teams to RB by committee rather than a true feature back. Those guys are the tier one and that tier seems smaller this year. Guys like Foster, Rice, McCoy are the safest ones outside that you have guys with question marks whether it's injury with McFadden, Matthews, Mendenhall, AP, Charles, wells. Contract issues with MJD. Rookies like Martin.Forte kinda fits in that tier 1 1/2 he's just outside that conversation with the top guys. But all in all there just don't seem to be as many guys you can say this is the main man and plug him in.

Do you think I have good trade bait to go after a better #2 RB (not in love with Shonn Green but he was the best RB on the board when my pick came) If you had my team who woul you package for a trade?

Great points. We will have to see how it all plays out, but it sure looks like RB's could be devalued.

It's hard to judge a trade w/o seeing who you'd want to pick up...

Drafting good running backs used to be money in the bank. Over the last several years, backs have declined to produce like they used to. They used to be somewhat slot predictable up to 15 deep. Now we have 3 that can be counted on to produce according to their draft status. That's why, picking at 7, abandoned RB for higher producing WR's and TE.(just look at the gap between Megatron and #2. Also look at the numbers Gronk and Graham put vs their peers and even WR's) We'll see how it goes, because going heavy on RB has not paid off in awhile for me.

Still, to win a championship, I will need a lucky FA pickup at RB to solidify my production. (or for Cutler to have a great year)

QB - Brady (Cutler)

K - Crosby (Kaeding)

D - BAL (DET)

Your only weakness is at RB. Sproles is a low end #1,but Ridley will be inconsistent thru out the year. Bush is a better #2. Otherwise you have cream of the crop.

Your only weakness is at RB. Sproles is a low end #1,but Ridley will be inconsistent thru out the year. Bush is a better #2. Otherwise you have cream of the crop.

My draft was this weekend and I couldn't. Do it b/c I was out of town but I think my pre draft rankings made a pretty solid draft...

Qb eli manning, carson palmer

Rb cedric benson, benjavis green-ellis, adrian peterson

Wr aj green, reggie wayne, stevie johnson, sidney rice, eddie royal

Te rob gronkowski, greg olsen

Def/st new york giants

D lance briggs, patrick willis, patrick peterson, and derek johnson...

Rb is strong I hope and as much as it pains me to say it I think benson could have a big yr with the pack wr I think is decent aj green was a beast last year and I think royal could be a surprise with rivers throwing it to him...

I will share my draft, which is a 12 team league: I had the #2 pick in a snake draft and this is the order I picked the players. QB's score 6 so they were a hot commodity in rd1.

Ray Rice rb

Eli Manning QB

Maurice Jones Drew rb

Hakeem Nicks wr

Jeremy Maclin wr

Reggie Bush rb

Kenny Britt wr

SF DEF

Rashard Jennings rb

Michael Crabtree wr

Greg Olsen te

Robbie Gould k

Nice. Although I think your WR's could pose issues after Green.

My draft was this weekend and I couldn't. Do it b/c I was out of town but I think my pre draft rankings made a pretty solid draft...

Def/st new york giants

Rb is strong I hope and as much as it pains me to say it I think benson could have a big yr with the pack wr I think is decent aj green was a beast last year and I think royal could be a surprise with rivers throwing it to him...

Very good. If NIck proves healthy you could be stacked and pig points with Manning and Nicks.

I will share my draft, which is a 12 team league: I had the #2 pick in a snake draft and this is the order I picked the players. QB's score 6 so they were a hot commodity in rd1.

Ray Rice rb

Eli Manning QB

Maurice Jones Drew rb

Hakeem Nicks wr

Jeremy Maclin wr

Reggie Bush rb

Kenny Britt wr

SF DEF

Rashard Jennings rb

Michael Crabtree wr

Greg Olsen te

Robbie Gould k

Def/st new york giants

You must not play much fantasy football if you think the 14th ranked rb with health issues, the 25 and 27 th rated rbs are a strong group. In Talkbears league I have c. Johnson, McFadden and D. williams as one of my backups. Thats more what you consider a strong RB group.

You must not play much fantasy football if you think the 14th ranked rb with health issues, the 25 and 27 th rated rbs are a strong group. In Talkbears league I have c. Johnson, McFadden and D. williams as one of my backups. Thats more what you consider a strong RB group.

Been playing ten years now and won my league last two..anks are ranks it isn't always accurate for example last year with fred jackson before he got hurt... anyone playing fantasy knows that you can't just go off ranks you have many factors to figure like run defense/ pass defense figuring out what's the better matchup... not to mention this is a keeper league so the top 20 players were kept... I kept gronk and aj green because rb have a short production life so they kept c johnson and mcfadden and williams splits carries with stewart so... I will end your debate with this... if you go by rankings how would c johnson have done for you last year?? He was if not the top ranked rb up there right??? Ranks can only get u so far...