Wow...Cutler mutiny?

madlithuanian

I touched on this in 2010 when they started off the year slow. When will the team turn on Cutler? Granted, he's never been THIS frustrated, and believe it or not, this is the first time he's called out the offense in the postgame. It's a shame because he has so much talent and I've been his biggest fan, but when you throw a lot of picks and then call out other guys, it seems hypocritical to me. It's not that Webb didn't deserve it, but the fact remains that it's not like he threw 4 TD's and got sacked 11 times. He threw FOUR picks and got sacked 7 times.

FWIW, Pro Football Talk can go to hell. "A source with direct knowledge." Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I touched on this in 2010 when they started off the year slow. When will the team turn on Cutler? Granted, he's never been THIS frustrated, and believe it or not, this is the first time he's called out the offense in the postgame. It's a shame because he has so much talent and I've been his biggest fan, but when you throw a lot of picks and then call out other guys, it seems hypocritical to me. It's not that Webb didn't deserve it, but the fact remains that it's not like he threw 4 TD's and got sacked 11 times. He threw FOUR picks and got sacked 7 times.

FWIW, Pro Football Talk can go to hell. "A source with direct knowledge." Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Here's the problem with Jay Cutler.. When he gets sacked early and often, he mentally checks out of the game. When Matt Stafford threw 3 interceptions in the 1st half against the Rams last week did he mope around and check out of the game? No. He went on to throw for 355 yards and had a game winning touchdown drive to win the game. Aaron Rodgers at one point during this game had been sacked 5 times in the first half while Cutler was sacked 3 times. The difference? Rodgers remained confident. He didn't get happy feet and he didn't start throwing off his back foot on every pass, he didn't panic. All that confidence coming into the game was shot to hell after the 2nd offensive series when he couldn't complete a pass down field.

I'm a little down on Cutler right now, but in way did he say anything wrong. He said he cared and his way of dealing is to say something. Have any of you NOT seen Manning or Brady chewing someone's ass on the field and sideline. Didn't Rodgers chew some ass on the field last night? Non story to me. More importantly, non issue. Maybe it will lead to a change...

Here's the problem with Jay Cutler.. When he gets sacked early and often, he mentally checks out of the game. When Matt Stafford threw 3 interceptions in the 1st half against the Rams last week did he mope around and check out of the game? No. He went on to throw for 355 yards and had a game winning touchdown drive to win the game. Aaron Rodgers at one point during this game had been sacked 5 times in the first half while Cutler was sacked 3 times. The difference? Rodgers remained confident. He didn't get happy feet and he didn't start throwing off his back foot on every pass, he didn't panic. All that confidence coming into the game was shot to hell after the 2nd offensive series when he couldn't complete a pass down field.

Stafford was playing St. Louis - big difference.

Peace :dabears

The other difference, of course, is that Rodgers' OL actually improved their play and protected him. The Bears' OL never really did; they just continued to suck the entire game.

You're missing the point. When other top tier quarterbacks have bad games, they don't often look the way Jay Cutler looked last night. When Jay is bad, he's just gone. 40% completion rate? 5.8 QBR? Come on.

I'll agree on your pointt but I wouldn't use Stafford playing at home against a crappy Rams team as a reference.

The other difference, of course, is that Rodgers' OL actually improved their play and protected him. The Bears' OL never really did; they just continued to suck the entire game.

That's what happens when you start doing things to take the pressure off the QB, like running the ball, quick routes, etc. The kind of stuff the Bears refuse to do. You can't bull rush the passer on every play if there's a decent chance the running back will be behind you.

How is this we all know this and the brilliant coaching staff appears not to?

I heard where Smith wasn't pleased with the game plan. If so, why didn't he change it? I thought he was the head coach...

That's what happens when you start doing things to take the pressure off the QB, like running the ball, quick routes, etc. The kind of stuff the Bears refuse to do. You can't bull rush the passer on every play if there's a decent chance the running back will be behind you.

I'll agree on your pointt but I wouldn't use Stafford playing at home against a crappy Rams team as a reference.

The Rams have two really good corners though in Jenkins and Finnegan. They are going to give Cutler fits as well. Their defense is much improved from last year. Keep in mind the Packers were the worst pass defense in the history of the NFL. They set records last year for their ineptitude. So it's not like you can call them a good defense. They are just very opportunistic.

The Rams have two really good corners though in Jenkins and Finnegan. They are going to give Cutler fits as well. Their defense is much improved from last year. Keep in mind the Packers were the worst pass defense in the history of the NFL. They set records last year for their ineptitude. So it's not like you can call them a good defense. They are just very opportunistic.

Bears will beat the Rams by 14 points at least.

Jay's never been about saying the politically correct thing. That's just the way he is and it becomes a bigger deal when things aren't going well. From what I saw of the press conference, his comments and demeanor were reasonable. Maybe he should have been using more "I"s when admitting mistakes, but he did use some "we"s at least.

He needed to come out and say he was bad during the press conference. Instead he sorta shoved the blame towards everybody else and didn't seem to want to be accountable for his own pathetic play. That's not what you want to see out of your supposed leader. The last thing this team needs is for everybody to start turning on Cutler.

what video you watch? The one I saw it was "we have to" and "we didn't do this" As far as his demeanor was justified and Webb laughing at him was about as classless as you could get. Interceptions are not ok at anytime, but with every throw he was under duress . Can not Blame Cutler for a OL that is as hole filled as a spaghetti strainer.

Agreed. He eeds to take some personal responsibility. Yup, it's a team game, but you still want your leader to accept more blame.

Really same goes for Smith, but I have a better chance of winning the Lotto than hearing that.

He needed to come out and say he was bad during the press conference. Instead he sorta shoved the blame towards everybody else and didn't seem to want to be accountable for his own pathetic play. That's not what you want to see out of your supposed leader. The last thing this team needs is for everybody to start turning on Cutler.

I agree. He should've said "I have to be better," but he's been sacked 119 times since 2009. That is a ridiculous number, especially considering they've only signed Chilo Rachal, an average OL, and drafted Gabe Carimi.

If the team truly turns on him, that'll show more about the team's character than his. They all should realize this might be their last shot at a Super Bowl. If they quit now, then f*** them.

Exactly. Where were the WR screens to Hester, slants to Marshall, RB screens to either RB, draws, etc?

Don't forget Chris Long as a pass rusher, too.

You're missing the point. When other top tier quarterbacks have bad games, they don't often look the way Jay Cutler looked last night. When Jay is bad, he's just gone. 40% completion rate? 5.8 QBR? Come on.

Stafford had a bad game which resulted in picks. Cutler was getting murdered which resulted in picks. It's hard not to mentally check out of a game when the OL has done this to you multiple times. Why would he even believe there was a chance? Did any of you? I know that when I was sitting at Lambeau, I had NO faith, especially when Marshall dropped the TD pass.

If you want someone to point fingers at and pass the blame to then maybe you should start with the coaches tice and smith should have been the ones getting in webbs face... but since the two gutless wonders refuse to take responsibilities year in and year out for getting cutler hammered I can't blame him one bit... hell I would have threw the ball as hard as I could into the back of webbs leg after the next snap sending the message if you are tryin to get me hurt I will try to let you see how it feels... for the last three years our line has been a wet paper sack, no change that a wet piece of toilet paper and not even name brand like charmin, more like a generic off brand... cutler had every right to do what he did and to be honest I think this sissification of america and what is politically correct is just ridiculous let webb stand back there and get his head ripped off all game see how he likes it I bet he wouldn't be smiling like he was Thursday night during a game you are getting you ass kicked and being handled like he is clay matthews bi$$$! Time for a change at lt you can polish a turd but its still a turd when your done!!!