Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears

balta1701-A

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know at some point, we won't have a pick 6 or a defensive touchdown in a game, but I'd hold off on that for at least a week. If last year's game was any indication, I would not be surprised to see this one play out the same way. Detroit is bad. The Bears are pretty good. It all comes down to quarterback play. Whichever guy protects the football the best, there team is likely going to be the winner. I suspect that will be Cutler. We're at home, and there's plenty of good mojo going around. I like our chances come Monday.

I know at some point, we won't have a pick 6 or a defensive touchdown in a game, but I'd hold off on that for at least a week. If last year's game was any indication, I would not be surprised to see this one play out the same way. Detroit is bad. The Bears are pretty good. It all comes down to quarterback play. Whichever guy protects the football the best, there team is likely going to be the winner. I suspect that will be Cutler. We're at home, and there's plenty of good mojo going around. I like our chances come Monday.

Cutler has the worst 1st quarter passer rating (16.7) but the best 4th quarter passer rating (118.4).

Cutler is 9-1 in his last 10.

Cutler 21-26, 287 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT

Marshall 11 catches, 154 yards, 2 TD's

Bears 23-20

It really does feel like the Bears haven't played in months.. I hate watching football on Sunday and them not being on..

Yeah, two full Sunday's of football without the Bears playing feels like forever.

We just need to apply the Madden curse here and stop Megatron. Easier said then done, but everyone should be rested and hopefully healed. Would like to see Urlacher closer to form.

Detroit is -11 in score differential, Bears are +78 (NFC best) and Bears are at home, after bye. Bears 8-2 Monday Night under Lovie Smith, and 7-1 following a week off in last 6 years.

Bears 31-17

Computer predicts Bears 39.8 - 22 over Lions: http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/nfl-picks-computer-vs-pickett

Accuscore:

The Chicago Bears are a solid favorite with a 69% chance to beat the Detroit Lions. Matt Forte is projected for 73 rushing yards and a 44% chance of having at least 1 rushing TD. In the 30% of simulations where Detroit Lions wins, Matthew Stafford averages 2.07 TD passes vs 0.82 interceptions, while in losses he has a ratio of 1.4 TDs to 1.52 interceptions. Mikel LeShoure averages 61 rushing yards and 0.38 rushing TDs when Detroit Lions wins and 39 yards and 0.14 TDs in losses. The Chicago Bears has a 76% chance of forcing more turnovers than they commit. Positive turnover margin helps them win 81% of the time.

Matthew Stafford has just 4 passing TDs and Calvin Johnson has just 1 receiving TD. The struggling Lions offense is a 31% underdog to the top rated Bears defense. If Stafford completes over 60%, has more passing TDs than Cutler and Calvin Johnson has at least 1 TD then the Lions are 57% favorites. But if the Bears defense sacks Stafford 4 or more times then Chicago becomes the 81% favorite. The Lions defense finally had a decent game with 3 sacks, 2 interceptions and good run defense vs the Eagles. If Detroit has 3 sacks, 2 INTs and holds the Bears to under 4.0 ypc then Detroit is the 77% favorite.

I thought the bold comment was interesting.

http://accuscore.com/game-forecast-preview...icago-bears-104

They hit by Suh was dirty. No need to pull him down like that. He slams Cutler to the ground and elbows him in the head on the way down, this isn't the WWF. I can't stand Suh. Cutler in for x-rays, the way he was moving, looks like broken or bruised ribs. Hopefully nothing major.

They hit by Suh was dirty. No need to pull him down like that. He slams Cutler to the ground and elbows him in the head on the way down, this isn't the WWF. I can't stand Suh. Cutler in for x-rays, the way he was moving, looks like broken or bruised ribs. Hopefully nothing major.

I don't see it as a dirty hit. It was a hard hit, but clean.

Peace :dabears

Is Tice really that stupid to not run the ball one time inside the 5 yard line? What the hell is he doing?

Yeah, that was pretty dumb, spread it out and run it. Bush was effective, and they were clearly playing the pass and blitzing. At least we got 3, but 7 would've been nice.

I have never agreed, nor will I ever agree with the way the Bears play defense to close out games. I understand the principle of not letting teams beat you deep.. But jesus christ, you were doing that in the first place in the 1st 3 quarters of the game! What's wrong with staying with what's working?! Make them get rid of the ball quickly, because you know when you back off their just going to easily get into the redzone anyways after 4 or 5 check downs. It's stupid, and makes no sense to me.

I have never agreed, nor will I ever agree with the way the Bears play defense to close out games. I understand the principle of not letting teams beat you deep.. But jesus christ, you were doing that in the first place in the 1st 3 quarters of the game! What's wrong with staying with what's working?! Make them get rid of the ball quickly, because you know when you back off their just going to easily get into the redzone anyways after 4 or 5 check downs. It's stupid, and makes no sense to me.

Exactly, they don't get behind our Safeties for 55 minutes, so why drop them even further.

At least we won, 5-1 is a great start.

I too am concerned with that.

jason, thoughts?

Average the game out and he had several good plays, several average plays, several subpar plays, and a few horrible plays. People remember just the horrible. On one play it looked like he was standing on a frozen lake. Overall game was probably a C+ or close to it, but I didn't break down plays one-by-one.

He doesn't suck, but he's not an all-star. He's decent right now. It's not like Wisconsin is known for producing pass-blocking geniuses. They produce road-graders.

Yep. Stafford got nearly 150 yars on the last two drives when he barely got 100 on all previous drives.