Panthers @ Bears, 10/28/12

balta1701-A

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears win! We may just have a special team on our hands...

Eh.. Barely squeaking out a win against a 1-5 team that outplayed you in all 3 phases of the game doesn't exactly instill the thought of being a "special" team. A win is a win, but the offense MUST improve. If you play like that against the Packers, Texans, and 49'ers you're going to lose.

Eh.. Barely squeaking out a win against a 1-5 team that outplayed you in all 3 phases of the game doesn't exactly instill the thought of being a "special" team. A win is a win, but the offense MUST improve. If you play like that against the Packers, Texans, and 49'ers you're going to lose.

Totally agree, we deserved to get beat, we snatched a victory from the jaws of defeat against a friggin 1-4 team. That doesn't make us special... it make us lucky. We got lucky today. Smith did not have the Bears ready to play today, we came out flat, and uninspired. You cannot play like this against a good team, late game rallies work against teams like Carolina.

Sorry to disagree But teams beat those they should and not loose em, They won against very lousy team playing well above their heads. It tells me they dont quit. If they woulda lost I wouloda said probably the samething, But they didnt quit. The D stepped up and Cutler finished. All I wanted to see.

Bottom line, good teams figure out ways to win. Bad ones, ways to lose.

Shaky performance in all areas.. Except one. The win/loss column.

On to TEN. One game at a time.

Well said...

Sorry to disagree But teams beat those they should and not loose em, They won against very lousy team playing well above their heads. It tells me they dont quit. If they woulda lost I wouloda said probably the samething, But they didnt quit. The D stepped up and Cutler finished. All I wanted to see.

I'll double this down.

The Panthers got lucky too with that FG that bounced off the inside of the goal post and recovered their own fumble in the early part of the game for a TD. Sometimes luck is simply part of the game. And until the Bears play teams like the Packers (speaking of luck - against the Jags today), 9ers or Patriots... Not much can be said that would deter me from thinking the Bears are a good team.

The Bears are not the first team that can write this post about their game against Carolina. Carolina has lost their last 4 games by 2, 4, 5, and 1 points. The last ones were Atlanta, Seattle, and Dallas, and the first 2 of those teams have had decent seasons so far.

Edit...and suddenly, just after I assume that Dallas is falling apart against the Giants and slighted them in the least...somehow...Dallas comes storming back and is threatening to join my list of teams with a decent season.

I'll double this down.

The Panthers got lucky too with that FG that bounced off the inside of the goal post and recovered their own fumble in the early part of the game for a TD. Sometimes luck is simply part of the game. And until the Bears play teams like the Packers (speaking of luck - against the Jags today), 9ers or Patriots... Not much can be said that would deter me from thinking the Bears are a good team.

The Bears are a good team. I don't even know that if they'd lost this game here, people could dispute that.

The question to figure out this season is whether or not they can be a great team.