Tice

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Maybe I'm nuts, but am I the only one who doesn't think Tice hasn't done a bad job as OC this year?

A lot can be said for his OL, but even with that, he's been given dick to work with.

We are getting everything we want from the OC. Cutler can audible and he's rolling out now. I would've liked to see more carries for Forte this year, but all around, it's his first year as an OC with 1 legitimate playmaker beside the QB.

*prepares for war*

Troll!

...if you say he's not bad....will you at least say, nor is he good? He was given dick. Marshall. Jeffrey. Bush. He had the same OL as last year. So, it should have been better. It's Shoop N' Poop all over again (but not that bad...). Predictable, unimaginative, and ineffective. Only when Cutty goes off-prompt and plays street ball with Brandon, does something magical happen. Sometimes, something grievous... So many inside runs...The list goes on and on...

I'm just not sold. If other elements of this team were solid, I'd be more willing to keep going the course. Not that it'll matter I think. If Smith isn't excised with a full coaching regime change, then odds are his favorite scapegoat will (whoever the current OC is...)

Maybe I'm nuts, but am I the only one who doesn't think Tice hasn't done a bad job as OC this year?

A lot can be said for his OL, but even with that, he's been given dick to work with.

We are getting everything we want from the OC. Cutler can audible and he's rolling out now. I would've liked to see more carries for Forte this year, but all around, it's his first year as an OC with 1 legitimate playmaker beside the QB.

*prepares for war*

*prepares for war*

I dont think he sucks. I do not think he has been good. Really the only thing that matters is he is better then Martz's dumb ass!!!!!!!! They should have ran the ball waaaayyyy more, as you have already stated. Why sign Forte and Bush and then not use the shit out of them????

Hard to judge when the Oline is as bad as they are. Everytime i think about our oline i scream "F$qK!!!!!!!!" Everytime i think about Webb i scream "I f$qking hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Everytime i think about our oline i think about JA and scream "F$cking a$$hole!!!!!"

I had high hopes for the O this season, with the Beast who has lived up to the Beast nickname and Jeffrey who if not injured has been good.

*prepares for war*

That is the different element. As I illustrated in another thread Campbell was able to put together a decent scoring drive late in last week's game by utilizing other players other than Marshall...until the actual TD. By then the ball had been spread to a few other receivers enough so the Defense had to adjust.

Now is that Tice's reading the defense and suggesting the plays with Campbell's ability to audibilize or ???

I don't think Tice is a horrible coordinator, just very vanilla.

He's been good and bad. More bad than good, in my opinion. He was handed a more talented offense this year than what Martz had last year, but the results have been far worse across the board. This can be attributed to a number of things. It's a collective effort, and not a zero sum situation.

Some of the things I like from his offense are, as the OP mentioned, the roll outs, the ability to audible, and moving Marshall around all over the field to make it more difficult for teams to double cover. It's not all bad. However, having said that, the things that have frustrated me the most have been the lack of a screen game, not getting Forte involved as much via the pass, and having absolutely no creativity whatsoever. To steal a quote from Trent Dilfer, in regards to the Bears-- It's a very remedial offense. There's a lot of max protections, a lot of one man routes etc..

Do I think Mike Tice is the answer to our prayers to having a good offense? No I do not. I thought going into this year he'd be a better option over Martz for protection reasons and getting the ball out of Cutler's hand quicker, and to a large degree, he's done that. They just haven't produced enough points. You have to score in this league, especially now, with the rule changes and the evolution of the passing game. There are quarterbacks in the league now that are picking teams apart by running a lot of read option offense.

He's been good and bad. More bad than good, in my opinion. He was handed a more talented offense this year than what Martz had last year, but the results have been far worse across the board. This can be attributed to a number of things. It's a collective effort, and not a zero sum situation.

Some of the things I like from his offense are, as the OP mentioned, the roll outs, the ability to audible, and moving Marshall around all over the field to make it more difficult for teams to double cover. It's not all bad. However, having said that, the things that have frustrated me the most have been the lack of a screen game, not getting Forte involved as much via the pass, and having absolutely no creativity whatsoever. To steal a quote from Trent Dilfer, in regards to the Bears-- It's a very remedial offense. There's a lot of max protections, a lot of one man routes etc..

Do I think Mike Tice is the answer to our prayers to having a good offense? No I do not. I thought going into this year he'd be a better option over Martz for protection reasons and getting the ball out of Cutler's hand quicker, and to a large degree, he's done that. They just haven't produced enough points. You have to score in this league, especially now, with the rule changes and the evolution of the passing game. There are quarterbacks in the league now that are picking teams apart by running a lot of read option offense.

Exactly this. Tice is not good, but he hasn't been the worst guy in the league either. He's been worse than Martz, however, and that wasn't supposed to happen according to all the Martz haters. And it sure wasn't supposed to happen since he has better options than Martz had overall.

2011: Total yards 24th, Passing yards 26th, Rushing yards 9th

2012: Total yards 28th, Passing yards 27th, Rushing yards 10th

Just for fun...the guy who got fired by the Ravens has the following on his resume:

2012: Total yards 18th, Passing yards 16th, Rushing yards 17th

IMO Tice's main deficiency is that he hasn't done enough to emphasize the run. It started in week 2 against the Packers and has continued off and on throughout the season. We don't have the best Oline but we aren't that bad in run blocking, at least some aspects of it. Results have been far lower than I expected considering the addition of Marshall to what is basically the same offense as the year before.