Chicago (8-6) at Arizona (5-9), Sunday 3:25pm

adam

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that's not actually what we want. You're just thinking of this in simple terms. The ideal situation is that they look like shit and somehow pull out a win. Best of both worlds.

The problem is, if they get wins it's how head coaches typically fight for their jobs.

I don't know how you can consider yourself a fan if you are satisfied with mediocrity year after year.

If you would try to rise above patronizing you would realize that I don't want the team to fail. At any cost. If you would actually read some of the other posts you'll see some here that would hope for a loss not only for Lovie and crew to be gone but get a better draft pick.

I DO consider myself a fan, through thick or thin. I want the team to win now, next week and if they continue...then too. I don't give two craps about what happens after that right now.

and surprisingly, the OLine looks solid vs a very good defensive front. The one sack on Cutler was basically a coverage sack that he could've easily thrown away. I would just like to see a few more sustained drives like the one they had before the half.

IF he hadn't gotten hurt, would Tillman be DPOY even with all that Smith and Watt have done?

Considering what he did against Megatron, I would say he would be in the running. Peanut also has a bunch of tackles, and passes defended.

Tillman has 74+ tackles, 3 INT, 3 TD, 10 FFUM, and 13 Passed Defended

Watt has 77 tackles, 20.5 sacks, 15 Passes Defended, 4 FFUM

Smith has 58 tackles, 19.5 sacks, 3 FFUM, 1 INT

The fact that 2 players will have 20 sacks sort of reduces the feat for me. Watt will get it due to the hype.

If you would try to rise above patronizing you would realize that I don't want the team to fail. At any cost. If you would actually read some of the other posts you'll see some here that would hope for a loss not only for Lovie and crew to be gone but get a better draft pick.

I DO consider myself a fan, through thick or thin. I want the team to win now, next week and if they continue...then too. I don't give two craps about what happens after that right now.

Everyone on this board is a fan and are just expressing their opinions. Lovie has taken this team as far he can, in my opinion, and I would like a change in staff. My fear is, as with several of the fans on this board, ownership and upper management would see a 10 win season as a success and keep Lovie. I am tired of mediocrity. I want a team that challenges for the Superbowl every year. Lovie Smith team's clearly do not do that.

Peace :dabears

Everyone on this board is a fan and are just expressing their opinions. Lovie has taken this team as far he can, in my opinion, and I would like a change in staff. My fear is, as with several of the fans on this board, ownership and upper management would see a 10 win season and a playoff appearance as a success and keep Lovie. I am tired of mediocrity. I want a team that challenges for the Superbowl every year. Lovie Smith team's clearly do not do that.

I agree.

Typical Bears fashion, 3 runs at 1st and Goal, then a blocked kick for a TD. Nice job Bears.

I have no issues with them not passing there but special teams has been horrendous this game.

Hester needs to go at the end of the year. He is a shadow of the player he used to be.

Hester, Hester, Hester

Hester sucks. Him and Davis are going to be gone real quick (cap casualties). Bears need to add a speed receiver in the slot and a TE on offense (in addition to figuring out the line). Other then that, I wouldn't make any changes to offensive personell (outside of coaching...depending on what happens the rest of this season and hopefully the post-season).

I'm slowly but surely falling into the "who cares if Hester returns"-camp. That guy is going backward far too often for a punt returner. It's ridiculous.

I'm sick of hearing people say he sucks as a returner because he's used as a wideout. There have been plenty of games this year where he's barely seen the field as a wide-out and he still sucks.

That's the conundrum. We want them to win, but Lovie is never going to get this team to the promised land.

He's got them to a superbowl and an NFC championship game. I think Lovie could win a superbowl, I just don't know if it will be with the Bears. I don't think Lovie is a bad coach, in fact, I think he's a good coach, but I'm very adamant in the fact that if they can't make the playoffs its time to move in a new direction.

Typical Bears fashion, 3 runs at 1st and Goal, then a blocked kick for a TD. Nice job Bears.

They were running the clock out. Would be pretty tough to score in the red zone from the 10 when you know you will run it 3 straight times. Personally I would have been practicing plays cause the offense is pathetic in the red zone.

On a sidenote...what a difference having Jennings back makes. Next week they'll have Melton back in the inside too. Defense looked so much better. Hayden moved back to Nickel and thus Moore went back to the bench.

What really pisses me off is that Tice actually called a good game but Bears wide-outs again dropped some balls on potential big plays and Cutler missed quite a few big plays as well. That is the problem with this offense, they leave a lot of yards and points on the field. In years past I'd say guys weren't open, this year there have been a lot of times where guys get open for get in a position but then either they drop it or Jay misses. Very rarely do they actually convert and it is why I'm giving Jay one final year to put up or shut up (he needs to take a big step forward next year).

Oline gave him plenty of time today and did a pretty good job run-blocking.

Hester sucks. Him and Davis are going to be gone real quick (cap casualties). Bears need to add a speed receiver in the slot and a TE on offense (in addition to figuring out the line). Other then that, I wouldn't make any changes to offensive personell (outside of coaching...depending on what happens the rest of this season and hopefully the post-season).

Hester is a FA. No need to cut him. Davis will hopefully be cut.

Hester is a FA. No need to cut him. Davis will hopefully be cut.

Even better. They should have traded him years ago as far as I'm concerned. I hope the Bears look at TE in free agency. I'll put up with Finley's drops (he's a good enough athlete that he'll be enough of a threat to really help the Bears open the field up more). That way the Bears can focus on drafting to get the D younger and of course building up the oline.

I think they need to spend money on 1 olinemen in FA (a starter..obviously) plus a TE in FA. Then draft a tackle early (e.g., 1st round) plus find a new MLB early in the draft.