Chicago (9-6) at Detroit (4-10), Sunday 12:00 pm

adam

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiot Briggs and whoever else was in on the Stafford hit. You know it's going to get called and you do it anyways. That's an automatic. You can't lower your head into a QB that's sliding. Idiots. Got what they deserved there.

The O needs to hold the ball AND score here cause the Lions are jobbing the D.

and that drive went on to result in a TD. The pattern of self destruction continues. We started this self destruction at the end of the first half. With a little over 2 min to go coming off a turnover putting us in FG range. Detroit had all their timeouts and we throw the ball several times, milk nearly no time off the clock settle for the FG and leave Detroit with all their time outs and plenty of time on the clock. They drive down and score. We come out in the second half and do nothing on offense or defense and we've now let them go on a 21-6 run and now only trail by 2. With less than a min to go in the first half we were up 20-3. We deserve to lose, and we dont' deserve to be in the playoffs, and Lovie doesn't deserve to coach another down of Bears football.

There's another time out

We have to be the worst team in the league at getting plays in from the sidelines in a timely fashion. I've lost count how many time outs we've burned because we were late getting to the line barely having time to snap the ball. I think this creates at least problems. One we lose time outs that can be so valuable later, it kills continuity in a drive you get some rhythm and you have to burn a timeout because you were late getting a play in. And when you get to the line with 5 seconds or less. It gives your QB almost no time to get pre-snap reads, audibles, adjustments, etc. The good offenses are ahead of the clock and get to the line with plenty of time to look the defense over and make pre-snap reads. I've seen way too much confusion and rushing around and disorder getting to the line and executing a play. When you start off hurried and sloppy you tend to play sloppy and hurried.

That one I really didn't mind. It's a big 3rd down, the playcall is in, Cutler is at the line and he decides that he doesn't want to go up against the defense he sees on the field. When you have a lead and it's a third down, take the TO and make a playcall you're happy with.

The different play call didn't help. Luckily Cutler rushed and picked up the first and more when he saw nothing open. That time out could have been huge, if Cutler couldn't make the rush there. The Lions just needed a field goal for the lead with little time left.

That one I really didn't mind. It's a big 3rd down, the playcall is in, Cutler is at the line and he decides that he doesn't want to go up against the defense he sees on the field. When you have a lead and it's a third down, take the TO and make a playcall you're happy with.

I agree that one I have no problem with. In that situation, take the TO be sure you got the call you want. The ones that irritate us fans are the ones called because the play is late coming in and Cutlers trying to rush everyone to the line and get the play set up, and has to burn one. We've seen that scene too many times this year, and too many times in recent years.

Surprising to see Detroit's TD scoring drives of 80, 80, and 95. The takeaways sort of masked that.

Only masked on the scoreboard. Most fans are fully aware of the way the game ended. We started out 20-3 but ended the game giving up a 21-6 run by Detroit and just barely squeaked by. Anyone who thinks this team has a chance at doing anything in the playoffs is drinking spiked kool aid. Looking at our season as a whole, the defensive scores, and turnovers leading to easy points masked an inept offense to a 7-1 record, once the D came back to earth so did our record, and a chance at backing into a playoff spot we really don't deserve. Should GB win today, no doubt we'll be stuck with Lovie another year.

I'd say at least another 2 years. I would imagine a 2 year extention will be given. Giving him 3 more years...

Only masked on the scoreboard. Most fans are fully aware of the way the game ended. We started out 20-3 but ended the game giving up a 21-6 run by Detroit and just barely squeaked by. Anyone who thinks this team has a chance at doing anything in the playoffs is drinking spiked kool aid. Looking at our season as a whole, the defensive scores, and turnovers leading to easy points masked an inept offense to a 7-1 record, once the D came back to earth so did our record, and a chance at backing into a playoff spot we really don't deserve. Should GB win today, no doubt we'll be stuck with Lovie another year.